Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    For me it feels like those are low res screenshots of raw footage and are missing filters. It just looks off.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanno View Post
    OK, I have to comment on this...

The Blizzard cinematics take at least a year to produce, if not more. Sure, it's a smaller team than a feature length film would have, but we're talking about "minutes" of footage compared to hours. If Blizzard were to make a full length film using their cinematics team, it would take 25 years (5 mins of film per year times 25 years = 125mins = 2+ hours).
    BS.

Square Enix, a company is that nearly broke, could create FFVII: Advent Children. You are telling me Blizzard with their billions can't do a CGI movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mnesymne View Post
    For me it feels like those are low res screenshots of raw footage and are missing filters. It just looks off.
    It's the lighting on the actors. They don't match their CGI surroundings.

Duncan doesn't know how to film for VFX heavy films.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash512 View Post
    So... if its pushing the limits of movie tech, why does it look less real than lord of the rings.
    becuase.. it is

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    BS.

Square Enix, a company is that nearly broke, could create FFVII: Advent Children. You are telling me Blizzard with their billions can't do a CGI movie.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the lighting on the actors. They don't match their CGI surroundings.

Duncan doesn't know how to film for VFX heavy films.
    The scenes that are full CGI look just fine -only Orcs on screen, for example. Ironically, the moment I see a frame with live action (props or actors even) I die a little inside -the filters, lighting whatever do not look convincing and very amateur.

I wish MMOC would stop posting shit about the movie, i think i have seen the entire movie by now

Quote Originally Posted by risingforce View Post
    The scenes that are full CGI look just fine -only Orcs on screen, for example. Ironically, the moment I see a frame with live action (props or actors even) I die a little inside -the filters, lighting whatever do not look convincing and very amateur.
    The earliest clips we saw did look off to me too; however, these latest ones look good and so I'm hoping they look very good on a large theater screen. Also, these latest clips show more of the Alliance story which was missing from the earlier clips which made it look like an orc movie with humans along as ballast. I'm very hopeful that this movie will be very good and we can have sequels. The humans fit in the scenes just fine in my opinion.

Deleted
    Good thing its a post of how to make the cgi movie/'s and the process behind it.God know's when they made this footage for this short clip(what stage of editing in the movie)..but hey mmoc forums is all about complaining..its like walking into a cesspool of shit..The guys on bodybuilding, gw2 or plc programing forums are not as sensetive,touching,nittpicking as here.Must be the community of low self esteem ppl.

"pushing movie technology to the limit"

ROFL. No, just... no, Blizz. Don't get too full of yourselves.

Medivh statue at the town square. Haven't noticed that before. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by deathslover View Post
    lol bragging about over watch's numbers but nothing on wow numbers (and yes i know they havent been reporting them for a few years cause the numbers are dropping and FFXIV:ARR has been taken some of those up).
    "Some", like 100k? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Nope. Second War. The original Warcraft was purely Orcs and Humans (and demons). Warcraft II introduced Elves and Gnomes to the Alliance (no Dwarves until Warcraft III I believe) and Trolls, Ogres and Goblins for the Horde.
    It's always quite interesting to compare the RTS lore with the novelization lore. Because I would say "goblins weren't introduced until Day of the Dragon".

PS:. Yes, Knaak is a shitty lore example. I swear he just made shit up as he went.
    Warning: this comment occasionally contains strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and advanced mathematics (which may be unsuitable for liberal-arts majors).
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ

lol bragging about over watch's numbers but nothing on wow numbers (and yes i know they havent been reporting them for a few years cause the numbers are dropping and FFXIV:ARR has been taken some of those up).
    Wow Numbers are and have been periodically announced, hasn't been "a few years" since they last announced subs.

Your sense of time is completely out of whack.. They stopped announcing sub numbers in WoD so no it hasn't been years since they last announced sub numbers.

7+ Year Old Account
    do you live under a rock or something?

Formerly known as Arafal

You realize a lot of their players are mostly FF fans and people coming from 11 as well yeah? Don't make it sound like that FF14 took a load of WoW subs because it sure as shit didn't. Oh and they haven't been reporting sub numbers now since Q4 2015 so would hardly call that "few years".

Hmm using new tech possibly, pushing the limits? Don't think so. I'm a huge fan and will be watching this movie asap no doubt. But i would be telling a lie if i said the graphics/special effects were amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Too much footage is being shown outside of trailer and is revealing too much (even if it isn't about the story per se)
    I would agree with you on this I'm excited as well but were being showed to much

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    The human characters just look fake and boring. Why are they all unknown actors? Seems every new franchise that comes out these days has actors in that no one has ever heard of.
    Simple: because unknown actors are a lot cheaper to hire than famous, well-established ones.

Blizz does everything on the cheap now trying to maximize profit but it often comes back to bite them on the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Simple: because unknown actors are a lot cheaper to hire than famous, well-established ones.

Blizz does everything on the cheap now trying to maximize profit but it often comes back to bite them on the ass.
    The Warcraft film budget is over $100M USD iirc which is pretty average for a film, also wouldn't say Ben Foster or Dominic Cooper are "unknown actors"

Deleted
    With this new video it's further proven that they don't hold back on promotion. Compare it with Star Trek. Most don't even know it's released now.