Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I dont know why people have a problem with illidan becoming a champion of the light. Isnt illidans whole gimmick give me the power to defeat my foes while simultaneously gaining power for himself. How is this any different. Illidan always seemed to go to what we consider dark forces to gain his power. He had a fight fire with fire mentalitly which only sees the whole world burn. Now illidans being told to fight fire with water and you guys are giving him shit.

Illidan not only gets to protect the ones he loves but also becomes even more powerful. This is a win win for illidan. You guys are crazy.
    I think it's just the way they phrased it. Saying he's the chosen one is just annoying to a lot of people. If they had just said the Naaru took interest in him because of his work against the legion and because he was able to open a portal to Argus and deal a direct blow to them, it would have been a lot more bearable for a lot of people. He should absolutely join the army of light, even help lead it, but making him be some half-angel super special chosen one is just hard to swallow. Just give him the Naaru's blessing a few buffs and let him be his usual good intentioned but power hungry self.

Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    I think it's just the way they phrased it. Saying he's the chosen one is just annoying to a lot of people. If they had just said the Naaru took interest in him because of his work against the legion and because he was able to open a portal to Argus and deal a direct blow to them, it would have been a lot more bearable for a lot of people. He should absolutely join the army of light, even help lead it, but making him be some half-angel super special chosen one is just hard to swallow. Just give him the Naaru's blessing a few buffs and let him be his usual good intentioned but power hungry self.
    Every light blessed being has wings. Look at pallys. Its just an effect doesnt mean hes an angel. We also dont know how this will affect illdian if at all. He still may be his power hungry self. Lets wait and see what blizz does b4 we go shouting from the roofs that this is a terrible idea.

Don't see the big deal. I like it, sure there's plenty of people who do, I like the entirety of the story in Legion so far, the new horsemen, the jaina thing is so funny, waiting for her to flip and need to die :P people get so twisted up over a story that's not there's to worry about, you want it one way so bad, go be a writer for blizzard /shrug

Deleted
    I dont know why people have a problem with illidan becoming a champion of the light. Isnt illidans whole gimmick give me the power to defeat my foes while simultaneously gaining power for himself. How is this any different. Illidan always seemed to go to what we consider dark forces to gain his power. He had a fight fire with fire mentalitly which only sees the whole world burn. Now illidans being told to fight fire with water and you guys are giving him shit.

Illidan not only gets to protect the ones he loves but also becomes even more powerful. This is a win win for illidan. You guys are crazy.
    Illidan ist FULL of Fel Energy. The Opposite to holy energy! We have nothing in warcraft, that I am aware of, that can combine these two powers.
    (Priest use light and void, not fel!)
    So if the light would not tear him apart and rob him of ALL his demon powers, they are inconsistent with they own lore, again!

Illidan is a demon hunter, who absorbs the power of demons to defeat them. Let him absorb Gul'dan ffs, Illidan would be more powerful then ever, ready to attack Argus! There perfect consistent story, that achievs the same narrative has the "champion of light" bullshit they came up with.

Deleted
    Seeing that info + hearsay of wow chornicle volume one it feels like their rehassing starcraft 2 story. Illidan = kerrigan

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Oh come on -- in the book it looked to some people like they were going to make him into an angel, straight-up. And now it says the "child of Light and Shadow", this looks much less cheesy IMO, like they'll be keeping his personality at the least.
    it was only cheesy to people who looked at leaked information without reading the book to get the full context.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    it was only cheesy to people who looked at leaked information without reading the book to get the full context.
    No, I have read all spoiler about the book and it's still cheesy and crigeworthy.

this look like some final fantasy stuff XD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    That's pretty much what I meant. There are a few hard-asses whose minds won't be changed no matter what. IMO those folks aren't worth spending the time arguing with directly as they aren't up for a discussion. All they have to say is "No".

Oh cool someone reposted the album from my reddit post

Am I famous now?

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    That's pretty much what I meant. There are a few hard-asses whose minds won't be changed no matter what. IMO those folks aren't worth spending the time arguing with directly as they aren't up for a discussion. All they have to say is "No".
    Oh so people must be not disagree with it to discuss things? I guess it's the other side who is not up for the discussion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrok View Post
    Oh cool someone reposted the album from my reddit post

Am I famous now?
    No, but thank you for sharing those screenshots!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Oh so people must be not disagree with it to discuss things? I guess it's the other side who is not up for the discussion.
    It's not that. It's just that there's nothing more to discuss when all you have to say is "this sucks" and you won't budge.

It's not that. It's just that there's nothing more to discuss when all you have to say is "this sucks" and you won't budge.
    The point of discussion is not to change each other's mind. It's about presenting arguements.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    The point of discussion is not to change each other's mind. It's about presenting arguements.
    Well, as far as I'm concerned, the point of discussion is to find some sort of common ground, because otherwise I might as well go outside and talk to the concrete in my driveway. You've presented your argument amply, so there's no need to discuss my own argument with you. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Illidan ist FULL of Fel Energy. The Opposite to holy energy! We have nothing in warcraft, that I am aware of, that can combine these two powers.
    (Priest use light and void, not fel!)
    So if the light would not tear him apart and rob him of ALL his demon powers, they are inconsistent with they own lore, again!

Illidan is a demon hunter, who absorbs the power of demons to defeat them. Let him absorb Gul'dan ffs, Illidan would be more powerful then ever, ready to attack Argus! There perfect consistent story, that achievs the same narrative has the "champion of light" bullshit they came up with.
    The light purifies. Pretty sure its paladin or priest class hall that will show a character that has been purified by the light.

Deleted
    The light purifies. Pretty sure its paladin or priest class hall that will show a character that has been purified by the light.
    Yeah so Illidan will loose his demon hunter abilites? Great robbing the new class of their leader, prototype and master.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Yeah so Illidan will loose his demon hunter abilites? Great robbing the new class of their leader, prototype and master.
    Not really. We dont know if it will rob him of those abilities or amplify them. Also i dont think fel energy is the oposite of the light. Void energy seems to be what they are going with. Dont think Void and Fel are the same, else shadow priests and warlocks got some splaning to do.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    i just had this idea. they go with illidan the chosen one thing but before illidan can be jesus he fucks everything up for whatever reason. this serves the dual purpose of no being a generic chosen one story and drags out wows lifetime somewhat.

There should be statues of Illidan in all holy temples of the light. I would like to see Velen genuflecting in front of one, begging for Illidan's wisdom. Perhaps magically a brief vision of Illidan will appear to him and Velen will fall to all fours in tears.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leigonlord View Post
    i just had this idea. they go with illidan the chosen one thing but before illidan can be jesus he fucks everything up for whatever reason. this serves the dual purpose of no being a generic chosen one story and drags out wows lifetime somewhat.
    Illidan does indeed have a history of ruining everything he touches, so maybe he'll ruin his own redemption arc.