Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Reminds me of the 1/5 Amazon reviews of MoP weeks before the xpac shipped. Pretty sure there's plenty of jackasses who rate the movie low without seeing it as well.

Yeah, I'm open minded about the movie but the rating as it stands now feels fanboyish.

I've had some major reservations about this movie, but it sounds above-average to pretty darn good. That puts it far ahead of most other video game adaptations out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Reminds me of the 1/5 Amazon reviews of MoP weeks before the xpac shipped. Pretty sure there's plenty of jackasses who rate the movie low without seeing it as well.
    ...and those who rate it high without seeing it. Or those with financial interest / career gains .. like all the production staff who would like more projects / resume highlights, or the investors who want a nice return. Or WoW fans, as mentioned earlier, who never saw it. Those who rate it high before it is released to the public.

I'd go with actual critics like the 60% rating one earlier in this thread, or the others around that range, mentioned in other threads. I think most professional reviews said it was OK, not horrible, not great, but average / good. When it comes on cable, I'd watch it. I'd honestly rather take a blind chance on a new James Bond film.

I expect the number to go down after release. For no other reason than thats what always happens when viewers become critics, for any movie.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-05-21 at 10:41 PM.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    Any person can rate the movie at Rotten tomatoes aswell
    That is true, but it is separated into critics and audience scores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    It happens to pretty much every movie. Sometimes there are reviews from paid reviewers, sometimes there are reviews from fans or friends of staff working on movie or anyone else interested in posting good review before even seeing it.

But as soon as movie is released, those fake reviews get buried. So nothing to worry about.

Deleted
    Blizzard fans are some of the most deluded people on the net. You could sell them literaly crap, but with the right marketing they would still give it an 8/8.
    The movie looks crap so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Silent Hill was the first good video game movie.
    People often forget the good video game movies. Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat, etc. And with good I mean popular enough to warrant sequals.

That's just the pre launch hype train for every movie as soon as ratings are possible.

There will be more people seeing this movie than the mmochamp community which deemed it a failure before filming even started. So it does actually have a chance to get some good reviews.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Blizzard fans are some of the most deluded people on the net. You could sell them literaly crap, but with the right marketing they would still give it an 8/8.
    Wod confirmed this fact.

Well, I have a feeling it gonna tank harder than John Carter. The latter had at least a solid story and producers tried to take it seriously. Here we have visibly cheap props, and the more dialog is revealed, the more cheesy it becomes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    Oh, you mean like Apple?

I'd say the vast majority of the world's population is prone to marketing, the entire modern capitalist world is built upon it. So I think it's stupid to say it's only Blizzard fans that act like this.