Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Who let Knaak taking control of Legion's story?
    he was secretly working on TBC,Cata,WoD and now partly on Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Because that will be a shitty Story that insults the intelligence of every player. And why Illidan is called a boy? That all sounds like a cheap Harry Potter Rip-Off. Illidan is a fucking 10.000 years old adult man.
    or we could...ya know... wait for the story to come before bitching senselessly about it
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Seriously, Afrisiabi just created a bad fanfic of Babylon 5 with Xe'ra.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Anduin should be glad that his role is taken, so that he won't become a joke of a character for people to ridicule.
    Kinda too late for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Kinda too late for that.
    Anduin suddenly looks fine to me after this. His story going forward hold more promise than this BS.

- - - Updated - - -

Consider this - if we don't get this vision of Xe'ra but the rest of the plot remains the same (however it is going to unfold, I can't say yet), would it still be any better or worse? If not, then why is being spoiled of the ending by a vision bad? From my take, it's not like Illidan is going to do whatever he is going to do because he is chosen as a hero, but the other way around - the Xe'ra's prophecy happened because Illidan was supposed to do all that by fate since the beginning. I'm pretty sure Illidan isn't going to poof, turn into a hero out of nowhere, but instead going through proper "actions and circumstances" (or I'd like to believe anyway, seeing Blizzard supposedly planned for the end of Legion / the fight with enemies from the Void years ago).
    By fate mean whatever he does, he will not escape his fate thus the chosen one. It has to be him because of "fate". Terrible excuse if you ask me. Not different from Thrall and Med'an. Not to mention the whole thing does not fit Illidan's character like at all.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-05-22 at 12:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    callin it : Kerri--err I mean Illidan turns into a vessel for the Xel-Na---err I mean a vessel for the sleeping titan Azeroth, and we as the players have to pump him full of energy using the artifacts we find in Legion. he then turns into a light infused holy-demon-hunter-something that shoots pure light rays out of his ass and then proceeds to defeat the big baddie in the most cliche and cringy way possible. but in the end he too will vanish and it is implied that the final price was his life.

months later, Tyrande is sitting at Lions Pride tavern, drinking heavily while glancing at Raynor's pistol on the table. a blurry figure similar to Illidan shows up and extends his hand towards Tyrande. and the screen will fade when she grabs the hand.

...btw did I mention that we'll see a projected image of Tassa---Turalyon? who will reveal himself as alive and living in a ghost-like state but then he is drained dry merely minutes after this revelation by Illidan, who needs his juice to power himself up.

By fate mean whatever he does, he will not escape his fate thus the chosen one. It has to be him because of "fate". Terrible excuse if you ask me. Not different from Thrall and Med'an. Not to mention the whole thing does not fit Illidan's character like at all.
    Depends on how you see "fate", you could say the same to pretty much the same things for every characters, though. Fate, unlike future, usually is beyond mortal's control. Who is to say that the characters (in general, not just limited to WoW) did whatever they did not because of they were destined to do so from the beginning? How do we know that the supposedly infinite possibilities isn't just an illusion, and the truth is actually a long established path? Oops, that's veering off topic a bit. Back to Illidan's case, it's not like being guided by fate makes things illogical. As I said, I doubt Illidan is going to just poof, become a champion of Light out of nowhere. If that was the case, then complaining about bad writings can be justified. However, it's more likely that Illidan'd still go through trials and events just like every other hero or anti-hero (or so I believe). We just get a head-up about the incoming result in form of Xe'ra's vision / prophecy. It's not even the first time such a thing was implied in WoW (the Aspect empowerment or how the Legion been destroying things being two biggest example pop'd in my head just now). Is it fair to call an entire plot and its writer terrible just after reading through a few lines of the prologue?

In regards to the "the whole thing does not it Illidan's character" - I haven't yet seen any convincing argument about this since the first time it was brought up in Illidan book thread. I'm interested in how you find it out of character for Illidan to become this killing machine / champion of the Light. Personally, seeing it offer both power and grandeur, plus allowing him to kill his enemies on the side, it'd be out of character for Illidan not to jump on it when he can (probably need to go through various things to come first).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-05-22 at 02:02 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

I feel like this could be made decent with just a few minor alterations.

Instead of "boy" just call him a warrior or something. Boy just sounds stupid.

And instead of "child of light and shadow" just call him the one torn between light and shadow. It fits his character more, as he's constantly trying to do what he feels is right but also constantly hungering for more and more power, usually coming from the worst places. It makes sense for him to want to join the army of light since he's the enemy of the burning legion and always wanted power to destroy them, and the army of light is going to include warlocks, death knights, and demon hunters anyway. He's already proven he's a great asset against the Legion so the Naaru taking interest in him would never be a problem, even if he was kind of a dick towards A'dal and Shattrath. Forgiveness and trying to turn people onto the right path seems right up the Naaru's ally anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    I feel like this could be made decent with just a few minor alterations.

Instead of "boy" just call him a warrior or something. Boy just sounds stupid.

And instead of "child of light and shadow" just call him the one torn between light and shadow. It fits his character more, as he's constantly trying to do what he feels is right but also constantly hungering for more and more power, usually coming from the worst places. It makes sense for him to want to join the army of light since he's the enemy of the burning legion and always wanted power to destroy them, and the army of light is going to include warlocks, death knights, and demon hunters anyway. He's already proven he's a great asset against the Legion so the Naaru taking interest in him would never be a problem, even if he was kind of a dick towards A'dal and Shattrath. Forgiveness and trying to turn people onto the right path seems right up the Naaru's ally anyway.
    People view what the Naaru said as a comment on Illidan's character... when it's not, it's a comment on the Naaru as an almost ageless being, to him pretty much everyone alive now is a child, and Illidan just happens to be a male child, which is commonly called boy in English... So while changing the wording like you said would make Illidan seem better it would water down the Naaru and it's existence.

Anyway I said it before in this thread and I will say it again, I love this, provided they do it right and don't rush the shit out of it... it should happen over the course of several expansions/books. If it happens by the end of Legion then I'll be disappointed indeed. But until then I can only wait and see how the story unfolds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs more Old Gods.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    Needs more Old Gods.
    At least priests get Xal'atah telling them to hurry up and deal with Sargeras, because there's much worse lying in wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    At least priests get Xal'atah telling them to hurry up and deal with Sargeras, because there's much worse lying in wait.
    Illidan should have become a shadow priest.The Naaru did say he would wield both the shadow and light.
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

So after ~10,000 years, Illidan is finally going to be done going through puberty?
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    People view what the Naaru said as a comment on Illidan's character... when it's not, it's a comment on the Naaru as an almost ageless being, to him pretty much everyone alive now is a child, and Illidan just happens to be a male child, which is commonly called boy in English... So while changing the wording like you said would make Illidan seem better it would water down the Naaru and it's existence.

Anyway I said it before in this thread and I will say it again, I love this, provided they do it right and don't rush the shit out of it... it should happen over the course of several expansions/books. If it happens by the end of Legion then I'll be disappointed indeed. But until then I can only wait and see how the story unfolds.
    I'd like to believe that Legion is really setting up for an expansion on Argus, and his story will continue there, but with Blizzard you never know. Personally I'm all for Illidan leading the army of light as long as they don't shaft Anduin and the others who have been working for it for a while now. Velen getting some good lore and his entire event makes me optimistic though.

As for how the Naaru phrased it, it just seems weird. I don't recall Adal or the others calling us something like "boy" or "child", so it's weird seeing them call Illidan, the 10,000+ year old called those names. I'm not 100% against it, but if they ditched the names and the prophecy aspect of it all, it would be perfect for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    I'd like to believe that Legion is really setting up for an expansion on Argus, and his story will continue there, but with Blizzard you never know.
    Nah it will be one of the raids in legion. The Plant is besieged by the army of light, so we hop into the fortress of Kil'Jaeden and have a happy raid there

Depends on how you see "fate", you could say the same to pretty much the same things for every characters, though. Fate, unlike future, usually is beyond mortal's control. Who is to say that the characters (in general, not just limited to WoW) did whatever they did not because of they were destined to do so from the beginning? How do we know that the supposedly infinite possibilities isn't just an illusion, and the truth is actually a long established path? Oops, that's veering off topic a bit.
    That's not relevant.

Back to Illidan's case, it's not like being guided by fate makes things illogical. As I said, I doubt Illidan is going to just poof, become a champion of Light out of nowhere. If that was the case, then complaining about bad writings can be justified. However, it's more likely that Illidan'd still go through trials and events just like every other hero or anti-hero (or so I believe). We just get a head-up about the incoming result in form of Xe'ra's vision / prophecy. It's not even the first time such a thing was implied in WoW (the Aspect empowerment or how the Legion been destroying things being two biggest example pop'd in my head just now). Is it fair to call an entire plot and its writer terrible just after reading through a few lines of the prologue?
    By being the chosen one, it is made sure and in the end you will be a hero. You will not fail. Your actions will be justified. That's the entire premise of the chosen one plot. WarCraft's chosen ones are even more obvious. After you established that someone is the chosen one, all roads will have to go toward that certain someone and anyone standing in his way is automatically in the wrong. That make for a terrible story. It's usually a terrible basis for the story especially Blizzard's track record of dealing with such a trope. Heroes should be defined by choices and consequences of their actions not some random prophecy.

In regards to the "the whole thing does not it Illidan's character" - I haven't yet seen any convincing argument about this since the first time it was brought up in Illidan book thread. I'm interested in how you find it out of character for Illidan to become this killing machine / champion of the Light. Personally, seeing it offer both power and grandeur, plus allowing him to kill his enemies on the side, it'd be out of character for Illidan not to jump on it when he can (probably need to go through various things to come first).
    Except being a light user you have to have faith to channel the power. Illidan is not someone who would be faithful nor is he someone suited to having characteristics of light users. Turalyon, Anduin or Velen work for that role. I will be funny though if Illidan's final form is the same as Kerrigan. I know some people here would like that just because they want Illidan to be very powerful and important.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2016-05-22 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    So Illidan is Kerrigan, destined to save the universe?
    Seems so. This is kind of dumb story honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Seems so. This is kind of dumb story honestly.
    one has to wonder if Blizzard is doing it just to troll people.

By being the chosen one, it is made sure and in the end you will be a hero. You will not fail. Your actions will be justified. That's the entire premise of the chosen one plot. WarCraft's chosen ones are even more obvious. After you established that someone is the chosen one, all roads will have to go toward that certain someone and anyone standing in his way is automatically in the wrong. That make for a terrible story. It's usually a terrible basis for the story especially Blizzard's track record of dealing with such a trope. Heroes should be defined by choices and consequences of their actions not some random prophecy.
    That's why I brought up the supposedly "irrelevant" fate thing. You seem to be thinking that Illidan is going to become hero (or anti-hero) because of Xe'ra prophecy. I, on the other hand, see it as Illidan'd become a hero in the future all the way along, and that gave birth to the prophecy. Similarly, all other events and heroes happened also because fate dictated it, just that we didn't get any prophecy about them. The prophecy merely let us know the ending, but it doesn't make Illidan a hero - he'd still be defined by choices and consequences of his actions. Just that we get an early spoiler all these choices and consequences will eventually make him a hero. Does that make anyone "standing in his way" automatically wrong? Definitely not. He'd go through stuffs other heroes in fantasy - prophesied or not - go through. If it turns out that suddenly, everyone bow down and revere Illidan out of nothing, and he get empowered by all powers that be in the world, it'd be right to complain. However, as I said, the story has just started, we don't know what'd be happening.

Except being a light user you have to have faith to channel the power. Illidan is not someone who would be faithful nor is he someone suited to having characteristics of light users. Turalyon, Anduin or Velen work for that role. I will be funny though if Illidan's final form is the same as Kerrigan. I know some people here would like that just because they want Illidan to be very powerful and important.
    You don't need faith in order to channel the Light - not that faith you are talking about, at least - unless I misunderstood you. Blizzard explained how the Light works before:

A:
    Without spoiling too much, we can tell you that wielding the Light is a matter of having willpower or faith in one's own ability to do it. That's why there are evil paladins (for example, the Scarlet Crusade and Arthas before he took up Frostmourne). For the undead (and Forsaken), this requires such a great deal of willpower that it is exceedingly rare, especially since it is self-destructive. When undead channel the Light, it feels (to them) as if their entire bodies are being consumed in righteous fire. Forsaken healed by the Light (whether the healer is Forsaken or not) are effectively cauterized by the effect: sure, the wound is healed, but the healing effect is cripplingly painful. Thus, Forsaken priests are beings of unwavering willpower; Forsaken (and death knight) tanks suffer nobly when they have priest and paladin healers in the group; and Sir Zeliek REALLY hates himself.
    So basically, you don't need to be faithful. You don't need to have faith in anyone but yourself, and if you have enough willpower, you don't even need faith. Need to have faith, or be good and all that seems to be a misunderstanding spread by original Light users rather than a real requirement. There was that Keeper in Uldum who had no faith whatsoever, but got boosted in willpower by its creator and thus, was able to use the Light. Before the end of TBC, the Blood Knights who lost faith were still able to use the Light and its power by drain it directly from a Naaru. The list goes on - it isn't unprecedented to see characters who are neither good nor faithful wielding the Light in WoW. So come to the requirement - willpower? Demon Hunters are supposedly to wield tremendously strong willpower, Illidan - their master - shouldn't be lacking. Faith in his ability to use it? We are talking about one of the character with biggest self-confidence here. He might have been skeptical before (and now), but the seed is planted - he was shown that he'd be great and powerful wielding the Light. That should've worked wonder to build the basis of his confidence in his ability to harness the power of the Light.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    So despite learning about this in the Illidan Novel, you decided to wait for this react to it???
    I personally find it awesome. Illidan is a sad anti-hero who is a been through more than enough. Him being the "chosen one" makes sense!
    Who the fuck reads those shitty books?