Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    But Saudi Arabia is the head of the human rights council in the UN. How could that be?
    Because politics is politics and money is money. That Saudi Arabia is even part of the council is a joke to most people who know anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Living a good part of my adult life in Latin America, they don't really pay much mind to the religion of visitors and foreigners, but I couldn't say exactly what it was like for natives, since they were basically all catholic, some more serious than others, much like the southern US. A lot of them were hardcore Catholic, some of them were "I wear a rosary around my neck but don't go to church and don't pray" Catholics.

It was pretty similar growing up in the South, if you didn't at least pretend to be Christian, you were outcast.
    You lived in South America, which country I'm curious?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ungrateful parasites complaining about the life they are able to live in Europe. On the other side, far right parties are gaining more foothold across the central block day by day. Why can't those that rule see that by allowing these... people freely into our midst and without questions we're just brewing our own demise, and possibly by our own hands?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    "Muslim Youth: Pioneers of Real Change" makes the video even funnier.
    To be fair most teenagers irrespective of background think they're the pioneer in change

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Then throw them right the fuck out. If they aint gonna adapt to how we have it, get the fuck outta our country. We dont even want you here.
    Sounds scarily similar to what people in Nazi Germany used to say to those who disliked Hitler's regime...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

But Saudi Arabia is the head of the human rights council in the UN. How could that be?
    They actually aren't. They only led a panel within UNHRC, not UNHRC itself. The whole thing about them being the head of it is media misinformation. The presidency right now belongs to South Korea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Ungrateful parasites complaining about the life they are able to live in Europe. On the other side, far right parties are gaining more foothold across the central block day by day. Why can't those that rule see that by allowing these... people freely into our midst and without questions we're just brewing our own demise, and possibly by our own hands?
    That's some grade A dehumanization right there

Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    Sure there might be a rebuttal from some individuals but discrimination against religions is not endorsed by professors and society in general
    No, but against the lack of religion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    They actually aren't. They only led a panel within UNHRC, not UNHRC itself. The whole thing about them being the head of it is media misinformation. The presidency right now belongs to South Korea.
    Lol, they're not exactly free of wrongdoings either, check their censorship and stuff. Just not as bad as saudi arabia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Nah, it is just a general idea: "Someone said something stupid, let's talk about how stupid they are". It is what people do to feel significant, better than someone else. Muslims, "SJWs", etc. are just convenient targets for them.
    I see these people like him in every. Single. Thread. And I wonder if it's just a forum persona thing, or if these people actually obsess about SJWs, Feminists, and Muslims that much in their every day life and wonder "Are they really that obsessed?" To me it's just an MMOC thing, considering I don't run into SJWs, feminists or Muslims like we see on these forums. And while my real life is not invaded by either side, the SJWs or the antis, my gaming spaces are constantly being invaded by people whining about feminism, SJWism, and multiculturalism, and it gets really annoying sometimes.

From my perspective, these people see shit reposted on Reddit from various news sites like it is here and their entire world view is based on that. They really need to go outside and see that the world isn't a bunch of hipsters trying to tell them to be guilty for being white, that that really is just select niches of humanity.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    I see these people like him in every. Single. Thread. And I wonder if it's just a forum persona thing, or if these people actually obsess about SJWs, Feminists, and Muslims that much in their every day life and wonder "Are they really that obsessed?" To me it's just an MMOC thing, considering I don't run into SJWs, feminists or Muslims like we see on these forums. And while my real life is not invaded by either side, the SJWs or the antis, my gaming spaces are constantly being invaded by people whining about feminism, SJWism, and multiculturalism, and it gets really annoying sometimes.

From my perspective, these people see shit reposted on Reddit from various news sites like it is here and their entire world view is based on that. They really need to go outside and see that the world isn't a bunch of hipsters trying to tell them to be guilty for being white, that that really is just select niches of humanity.
    SJWs don't exist irl?

Let's denounce everyone for regulated immigration as racist in a massive protest! This isn't exactly too uncommon here.

Just because you don't see it happening where you live, it doesn't mean it's not happening at other places.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Sounds scarily similar to what people in Nazi Germany used to say to those who disliked Hitler's regime...
    Actually nothing like that happened in Nazi Germany. The Jews that were "Deported" or worse later enslaved, tortured and murdered were pretty much all native born Germans with ancestral claims to all that was taken from them. They were contributing members of society. And political dissenters were hounded and murdered by the secret police, not deported.

History: Kind of inconvenient.

That's the issue those. These guys are a minority, but they're gaining more and more influence all the time. Just look at what's happening with universities.

(These guys are much more common in Sweden though, it is a very weird place).

Deleted

But outside is scary

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    No, but against the lack of religion.
    No, in fact atheism has been gaining ground in the USA more and more. Sure there are places when they are not so general accepting of religion, but at most they will treat as a lost individual, however they are not going to mock you for not having a religion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    SJWs don't exist irl?

Let's denounce everyone for regulated immigration as racist in a massive protest! This isn't exactly too uncommon here.
    Perhaps Swedes need to log offline more. Also is that considered massive in Sweden?

No, in fact atheism has been gaining ground in the USA more and more. Sure there are places when they are not so general accepting of religion, but at most they will treat as a lost individual, however they are not going to mock you for not having a religion.
    Mock (and you will be mocked and bullied in many areas)? No, you're discriminated against through the law instead. What you're seeing is a rise in big cities like New York, where they aren't that religious to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account

I think it is just "herd effect": people see others posting about it a lot, and join them in that. Indeed, like you, I don't think I've ever encountered any of these things in real life. Plus, people like to blame others for their problems: if, for example, some guy has a hard time finding a woman for a relationship, it is much easier to whine about evil feminists ruining his life and making all women "wrong", than to try to improve the method. These two effects resonate with each other, making people literally obsessed with these topics. Same way, a lot of women having trouble finding a man for a relationship join the "man hate" bandwagon - again, hardly existing anywhere outside virtual spaces, since in real life no one tolerates those folks.

Actually nothing like that happened in Nazi Germany. The Jews that were "Deported" or worse later enslaved, tortured and murdered were pretty much all native born Germans with ancestral claims to all that was taken from them. They were contributing members of society. And political dissenters were hounded and murdered by the secret police, not deported.

History: Kind of inconvenient.
    Not sure what it has to do with anything I've said...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    You lived in South America, which country I'm curious?
    Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Brazil, got lots of good paying temp work down there cause I knew Spanish.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    TIL: Sweden is a scary place. I'll just go ride my alpaca.