Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I completely agree with him. Calling it Notcraft is pretty stupid

- - - Updated - - -

You dont watch a lot of tv do you? Travis is a big star. He really is.
    I am glad you watch Vikings, but that show does not have that kind of audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    You mean you just threw that without expecting anyone to call you out?
    It is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    It is what it is.
    Which confirms what I said. You believe the film is 'Notcraft' and therefore you HAVE already made up your mind. The difference between you and the reviewer of the article is that he has seen the film. You have not.

Your objection to the film is therefore based on it's deviation from the source material. At this point, we don't know how great or how small the deviation is...we only know that it exists.

You have decided to judge the film regardless based upon the fact that there ARE deviations. In truth, like the rest of us, you have no opinion of value to give.

Because none of us have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Which confirms what I said.
    If you want it to, sure. Whatever you say, hon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Snowpiercer was a good film. Most people liked it, not just movie critics.
    It was trash. So many loopholes, pseudo-intellectualism (at best) drivel, emperor's new clothes to the extreme ... and just plain dumb writing. The movie was a social experiment, I'm convinced. They said "let's make a terrible film and then seed great reviews from respected people and watch the sheep follow suit."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I am glad you watch Vikings, but that show does not have that kind of audience.
    I'm not talking about the show but the actor. He has recieved a lot of attention for the way he plays his characters. Vikings is one of the biggest shows running atm so i'm not sure what you are on about.

Does it have the super high quality A+ celebs? No. Not really. But a lot of the more recent popular films didnt

I think it will fail bad. Will do ok on Blu-ray but the box office , its going to bomb pretty hard. My prediction for opening weekend, Maybe 25 million and then a 55-6-% drop off.
    NO big name stars to draw audiences, most people have no idea what the source material is, will just say it is a cheap Lord of the rings knock off. Overseas, it will probably do better then domestic.
    It's projected to make 200 m in China alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    "made up statistics" bro.
    Then it's an ineffectual assessment of the situation.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Hey man could you take a pic of that article and name the reviewer? It's probably faster than typing it Thanks.

Also which month of the SFX do you have with that article? I couldn't find it in the July 2016 one.

Thanks again.

some people are saying it was the best thing they have seen since lotr ....

i am rather skeptical .... cgi shots look horrible , and as i said before, some of the orc faces look like retarded characters from the predator series.

Quote Originally Posted by subxaero View Post
    These guys rated Civil War a 5/5. CW was good but not even close to a 5/5. THeir opinion holds no credibility imo
    Quoted for truth, civil war was so far removed from it's source material and very underwhelming as a whole tbh.
    a mediocre film at best, just a little less of a cash grab then supes vs ben afleck man.

I'm not talking about the show but the actor. He has recieved a lot of attention for the way he plays his characters. Vikings is one of the biggest shows running atm so i'm not sure what you are on about.

Does it have the super high quality A+ celebs? No. Not really. But a lot of the more recent popular films didnt
    Ask any average person on the street who Travis fimmel is and see what they say? I dont know what you are talking about, Vikings is not one of the biggest shows running at the moment. LAst season ratings were down 44% .
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2016-05-22 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaleredar View Post
    then it's an ineffectual assessment of the situation.
    it was a joke

- - - Updated - - -

Ask any average person on the street who Travis fimmel is and see what they say
    Ehh, Where i come from. Ask any random person on the street who Bruce Jenner, Matt Damon or Chris Pratt is and see what they say.

You really cant use that for anything

it was a joke

- - - Updated - - -

Ehh, Where i come from. Ask any random person on the street who Bruce Jenner, Matt Damon or Chris Pratt is and see what they say.

You really cant use that for anything
    You really are stretching the limits of credulity with that.

Deleted
    You really are stretching the limits of credulity with that.
    He made up a 90%+ statistic so i made up a 90%+ statistic

Is that really so fucking hard for you to understand? like really?

He made up a 90%+ statistic so i made up a 90%+ statistic

Is that really so fucking hard for you to understand? like really?
    I am taking about you saying people do not know who Matt Damon or Chris Pratt is.

Deleted
    Oh, don't you worry, even though it'll probably be as mediocre as Age of Apocalypse (if not outright as bad as Batman v. Superman), the apologists will immediately crowd around to shout down any position that isn't "This Is The Greatest Movie Of All Time!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    It is a video game movie.

Average is kind of incredible.
    Exactly. But sshhhh, don't tell the fanboys that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    What do you expect from a PG13 fantasy videogame story. You could make a better movie out of WoW, if you focus on its darker parts, with demons, old gods, Arthas, corruption and so on, but from a Orc vs Humans movie, not sure what to expect.

Maybe they should have made the movie from an unknown story from the WoW universe. Like, when the 10 million "commanders" return home from Draenor only to find themselves 2 million. Is this loss significant for the "commanders" Borg spirit? How will they survive the loss of 8 million former integrated borg minds? Will there be 10 million borg-wives/husbands on Azeroth waiting, or 8 million wives/husbands disappeared as well? How are the wowzombieborg Shepards coping with the new parallel universe opened by the alien invention named "twitter integration"?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Which confirms what I said. You believe the film is 'Notcraft' and therefore you HAVE already made up your mind. The difference between you and the reviewer of the article is that he has seen the film. You have not.

Your objection to the film is therefore based on it's deviation from the source material. At this point, we don't know how great or how small the deviation is...we only know that it exists.

You have decided to judge the film regardless based upon the fact that there ARE deviations. In truth, like the rest of us, you have no opinion of value to give.

Because none of us have seen it.
    It is Notcraft, & the deviations are obviously major. It's unfortunate that you're not familiar with the Lore enough to spot them all by yourself, since I can't be bothered to line them all up yet again, but regardless, I can assure you, the deviations are major.

They wanted a Warcraft Cinematic Universe. They had a chance to make that, right until they let Chris "I am God" Metzen get his grubby paws all over the script. Now, they'll be lucky to get a Trilogy out of something that could have had 12+ movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    Oh, don't you worry, even though it'll probably be as mediocre as Age of Apocalypse (if not outright as bad as Batman v. Superman), the apologists will immediately crowd around to shout down any position that isn't "This Is The Greatest Movie Of All Time!"

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. But sshhhh, don't tell the fanboys that!
    Exactly. Personally I will wait for the blu ray version to hit red box.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Quoted for truth, civil war was so far removed from it's source material and very underwhelming as a whole tbh.
    a mediocre film at best, just a little less of a cash grab then supes vs ben afleck man.
    When the hell has a Marvel Cinematic Universe movie ever not been "so far removed" from its source material?

Have you even read Age of Ultron? Do you even know the synopsis? Winter Soldier? No? You think Infinity War will be a loyal, truthful adaptation of the original story? Don't delude yourself. Ragnarok won't follow the original story either, for that matter. Just, FYI, you know.

I don't understand how 80s fantasy adventure is a bad thing to be like in any way, expecially for a franchise that launched 1994. That honestly makes me more excited for it as a Trek fan who loves older sci-fi fantasy stuff and feels the new has gotten overwrought trying to "prove" why fantasy is a genre with literary value instead of just living it by embracing the genre with deeper world building and characters than the dull messes--which read like middle school novels by authors who couldn't hold a plot together so they pretended they didn't want to tell a story--that naysayers of fantasy hail as "true art." Let the haters hate and embrace fantasy.
    Last edited by Firefall; 2016-05-22 at 02:01 PM.