Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    They've already renewed it for season 14 and 15, with Mark signing on for both. So it would take a massive downfall in viewership to end the show befor then. I'm personally torn. On one hand I would rather see the show end with its dignity and go out strong. On the other hand, I still enjoy the show and I'm emotionally invested in the characters and would hate to see them go.
    Yeah, the show is way too impactful and meaningful to a lot of service men, including real life Vets, and vet organistions makig appearances and awareness raised for their causes. You even got a WHITE HOUSE showing with Michelle Obama - that's like some serious serious cred. A show like that will continue for a long time as long as their is an America, being both an inspiration to current servicemen and broadening the public to their organisation in an entertainment setting.

It's going to stay, it's probably it's best Season yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post
    I think it's gone downhill since Ziva left. I don't know why I feel like that, there's something different I can't put my finger on.
    There was a difference, I'm not sure it's necessarily downhill, but it was poorer for the end of the Israeli-American partnership brought out. And Zheva was such a nice character I thought may never have been able to replace Kate. But she left her own whole just because of the way she pulled off her role and how they developed her character and the effect her backstory has in influencing the general over arching plot. It was quite a kicker start off with her brother, then her father.

So sad, now her. it's one thing about entertainment I don't like, they have to keep creating drama, and if you're a supporting character, and the show goes on long enough, you're probably going to die to feed the plot. Ah well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, the new season sans Tony started

It was god, I liked it. I think they tried to work as much stuff as they could, to kind of get the feeling of Tony being gone away. They did enough stuff with the core crew without feeling like they were stuffing these new characters in our faces. Fornell being a rude house-mate to Gibbs was funny, but I have a feeling it won't be so funny later on. I did like Gibbs in this episode though. He was poking fun at Quinn, and his search for a new teammate really felt like him. I was surprised to see Jennifer Esposito and Wilmer Valderamma's names in the opening credits, so I guess they plan on sticking around longer. I swear they've used the name "Nick Torres" before though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had like, a huge celebrity crush on Jennifer Esposito since the mid 90s when she was on Spin City. I think she is absolutely gorgeous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the Breakfast Club episode. Had everything down to the earring.
    Last edited by Reg; 2016-09-29 at 02:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The awkwardness of Jimmy in the squad room hinting at the reference made me cringe, and miss Tony a little. Someone should have stepped up to make the reference. I can see Abby doing it.

They were pushing pretty hard at making sure we knew that the new agents weren't Tony. The Usual Suspects conversation, then they mentioned a couple times after that they don't watch movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    They were pushing pretty hard at making sure we knew that the new agents weren't Tony. The Usual Suspects conversation, then they mentioned a couple times after that they don't watch movies.
    I'm ok with this, for now. They're trying to establish new characters, and make em known that they aren't Tony.l So far, I like em, especially Quinn, but probably because she already knows Gibbs and has a professional relationship with him. And I think they did that because they need to get these characters up to speed quickly. In-universe, I think the characters are still reeling over losing Tony anyway, so there's still a transition where they're gonna keep referencing him, or saying things that maybe only he would respond to, expecting a response. Which I also think is good, because you don't just lose a main character and then immediately forget he existed. This show has never done that (although they came close with Jenny), so it would make sense not to this time.

On a much sadder note, show runner Gary Glasberg passed away in his sleep, at 50 years old. No other information, but holy shit, he was only 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm ok with this, for now. They're trying to establish new characters, and make em known that they aren't Tony.l So far, I like em, especially Quinn, but probably because she already knows Gibbs and has a professional relationship with him. And I think they did that because they need to get these characters up to speed quickly. In-universe, I think the characters are still reeling over losing Tony anyway, so there's still a transition where they're gonna keep referencing him, or saying things that maybe only he would respond to, expecting a response. Which I also think is good, because you don't just lose a main character and then immediately forget he existed. This show has never done that (although they came close with Jenny), so it would make sense not to this time.

On a much sadder note, show runner Gary Glasberg passed away in his sleep, at 50 years old. No other information, but holy shit, he was only 50.
    But Tony was an institution, I didn't realize how much i enjoyed his character until I started watching the new season, really gonna miss him, he's one of the reasons NCIS was so nicely balanced for me, just the right measure levity and gravity ... female agent looks like she might have that role, cos the guy, well he's too hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    But Tony was an institution, I didn't realize how much i enjoyed his character until I started watching the new season, really gonna miss him, he's one of the reasons NCIS was so nicely balanced for me, just the right measure levity and gravity ... female agent looks like she might have that role, cos the guy, well he's too hardcore.
    I can't take him seriously at all, every time he's on screen I just see Fes from That's 70s Show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I agree, actually. I got into NCIS because it didn't take itself TOO seriously. I can't watch shows like that. Tony was the one who usually kept it lighthearted (Abby probably after him), and he was always my favorite character. But so far I'm enjoying what I've seen so far. Gibbs right now isn't as hardcore as he usually is, and that's good. The new characters are getting characterization really quickly, which is probably because they had to rush it all. And also because they figure nobody's gonna watch the thirteenth season of a show after the best character left, so they gotta hury and get people liking the new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't take him seriously at all, every time he's on screen I just see Fes from That's 70s Show.
    Fortunately, I don't. he seems a lot older and very different than when he was a teenager. I can barely even recognize him by his voice, and I'm big on voices.

7+ Year Old Account
    Definitely miss Tony and I still miss the whole Tony+Ziva dynamic but I have enjoyed the first two episodes of the new season. So far so good imo.

I agree, actually. I got into NCIS because it didn't take itself TOO seriously. I can't watch shows like that. Tony was the one who usually kept it lighthearted (Abby probably after him), and he was always my favorite character. But so far I'm enjoying what I've seen so far. Gibbs right now isn't as hardcore as he usually is, and that's good. The new characters are getting characterization really quickly, which is probably because they had to rush it all. And also because they figure nobody's gonna watch the thirteenth season of a show after the best character left, so they gotta hury and get people liking the new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Fortunately, I don't. he seems a lot older and very different than when he was a teenager. I can barely even recognize him by his voice, and I'm big on voices.
    yeah, after the rather grim opening scene, you'd really enjoy the office banter with Tony that came right after, i enjoyed NCIS original over New Orleans and LA just because of that humour and banter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Definitely miss Tony and I still miss the whole Tony+Ziva dynamic but I have enjoyed the first two episodes of the new season. So far so good imo.
    yeah, it's gone good so far, i'm hoping they don't get too too serious. At least Abbi is still there.

He was recently on Dusk til Dawn the series and while he was fine and I didn't think of that 70's show there is something about his acting or accent that just feels a little off.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    He was recently on Dusk til Dawn the series and while he was fine and I didn't think of that 70's show there is something about his acting or accent that just feels a little off.
    oh, gosh he was the skinny dweeby "latino" guy from there? lol.. he certainly beefed up. I recognised him from dusk til dawn which I have almost 0 motivation to watch.,,

He does seem off but I think it fits the character. He's suppose to be a long time undercover guy so switching suddenly to this kind of job should make him look and feel out of place.

Whether or not he's doing it on purpose I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    He does seem off but I think it fits the character. He's suppose to be a long time undercover guy so switching suddenly to this kind of job should make him look and feel out of place.

Whether or not he's doing it on purpose I dunno.
    yeah, you know there is going to be trouble too, he's going to be a bit wild, but barely manage to rein it in while doing some mary sue like feats. Very different from our lovable Tony, hope it works out, they usually write these things in well in NCIS so it woudl be a surprise if it bums

Timmy finally popped the question

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Timmy finally popped the question
    Yay.

Everything else was largely uninteresting though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay.

Everything else was largely uninteresting though.
    Gibbs chuckling about Heartbreaker made the episode for me lol

Bishop tries to play mental doctor, fails miserably

McGee can play bad cop!

Gibbs can play mental doctor, unlike Bishop

Is the new guy here for the comic relief?