Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    Funny how during MoP everyone hated the shit out of it, now the general consensus is it was one of the better expansions (except for 14 months SOO).

I imagine during the Legion content drought (inevitable) people will start posting "WoD was actually pretty good, fuck Legion" type posts.

Either that or it will go down with Cata. Time will tell!
    Forums are full of loud people that want their opinions to be noticed.

My experience and my guild's was this : MoP was a strong expansion. Diverse and intriguing raids with ToT being a stand out and contender for best raid. Great zone development. Strong musical score and story lines. The common factor that we didn't like was pandaren being a playable race. I personally would have enjoyed seeing jinyu and hozen be the new races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwinger View Post
    Cataclysm was all aboard great expac until DS, but people are mostly dumb jerks and only remember DS.
    I think the reason Cata gets so much shit is because of the Vanilla zone revamp. Even though it's something that really needed to happen and put a huge breath of fresh air into the game, there are a huge amount of players that disliked redoing the vanilla zones.

And then there was the 10/25 man combination during T11 which pissed every raider that wanted to go to 10m heroic off, because many of the 10 heroic bosses were tuned with specific comps or even needing an impossible amount of interrupts.

I dunno. Cata had its flaws, I think every expansion has its flaws. Though I personally think WoD is still the most flawed product thus far.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I give it about 3 months tops. People will always demand for the old when the new isn't exactly like what came before but shinier.

That said, I don't think you will see as many people pining for WoD as they did with all of the other expansions. Hell, as a person who disliked WotLK, missed Cata because of it, and loved MoP, WoD was worse than a bad for a game because bad can be entertaining. It was nice at first but quickly became the greatest sin of all in games.

Boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Becouse MoP was good compared to WoD but it was garbage compared to Vannila, TBC or WOTLK. Thats why you see it.

Oh any BTW i dont see anyone saying MoP was good expansion at all. It is was and still is ****´expansion.
    I've been playing since TBC and it to me its just barely behind WoTLK.

Why?

Because it was consistent. Until 5.4, You could count on a content update every few months.

In the words of SlightlyImpressive, "Worst expansion ever, I miss 2 expansions ago." This is at the end of the last patch of the expansion following Legion, according to the chart.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't even think that's possible.

WoD had a great leveling experience. It was a lack of content that hurt it. If some future expansion (including Legion) has a bad leveling experience, people will hearken back to how "great" was in that aspect. The same way as people now look back fondly on how much more content MoP had than WoD.

To answer the question, if Legion sucks, it may make WoD look better instantly in some people's eyes. If Legion is great, it may take some later expansion to reform the reputation of WoD.

Deleted
    Blizzard accually needs to try to ruin Legion for ppl to miss WoD I doubt any objective mind will miss WoD apart from the easy gold you can make in WoD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    If legion is as bad as it appears, almost instantly. Both will be the two worst expansions followed by MOP and cata.
    as bad as it appears? what?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

They do them now, no reason it would stop in the next few months.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

After the emoji integration 7.1 patch.

Don't people already do this..?

Never Wod will go down into the history books as the worse exapnsion i mean it was 1 content patch (not counting selfie as a contnt patch)

I can't believe people are still in some way trying to defend WoD....but then again we live in a world where Donald Trump might be president, so I guess anything is possible.

Yes, there were post about people missing MoP after the initial hatred subsided, but you cannot in true faith tell me that the hate for MoP was comparable to the hate for WoD. It's not even a contest. Content droughts are expected, but not within a few months of an expansion release.

Forums posts should not be used as a barometer of success/failure, subs figures tell you all you need to know but how disastrous WoD was. (and know it's not because people are growing up....)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    Since vanilla, people have been hating on current content and loved old patches. will never change
    Yep, I remember when there was endless crying about how WOTLK was the worst expansion ever, "world of casualcraft", etc. etc.

And now people look back on it fondly and always defend it as "highest point of subscriptions" and such.

top kek

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    In all fairness Thepredice every single beta was praised. Mostly by the same shills that have youtube accounts attached to Blizzard via an umbilical cord. Notice how every single beta is great. I dare you to go back and find me people who said beta was over all garbage in cata, mop, or wod.

A 1 second search here, alone, shows lots of people saying there were issues.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean AFTER Legion? People have already started even though they have not played the expac or even given it a chance since it hasn't even released yet.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yep, I remember when there was endless crying about how WOTLK was the worst expansion ever, "world of casualcraft", etc. etc.

And now people look back on it fondly and always defend it as "highest point of subscriptions" and such.

top kek
    It's kind of shifting, people more say how it held subscriptions but it never extended them much.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.