Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Batman does exist, pretty sure Rip Hunter referenced him and Supes.
    "I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall."

Doesn't 100% mean them (though it probably does), but it might also mean they're from another time and wouldn't be around for Ra's and Deathstroke

Deleted
    Well, you're entitled to your wrong opinion.
    So are you brother. Hell even the Reeves Superman movies are better then this Nolan shit with the pitty oscar.

- - - Updated - - -

The TV show doesn't even have the BASIC logic of the source material.
    Did you REALLY just used the word LOGIC on a tv(!) series based on Comics(!)....sorry cant help you man....

Sure they are. How often do you go to starbucks?

Well, you're entitled to your wrong opinion. The audience's ratings and the critics don't lie.
    Audiences and critics lie all the time, or are just flat out wrong. In either case it doesn't matter for this because my point was that there are different iterations of Batman, Nolans view encapsulated just one version of him. Some folks liked that version, some didn't, it doesn't reflect on whether they like "batman" or not. In addition, labeling it as the best "superhero movie" when it strove to be more realistic and ignore the superhero universe, but that's a matter of perspective too.

And lastly, labeling something as a good or bad superhero movie based on the opinions of folks that don't like superheros anymore than any other movie theme doesn't really add validity to the status of it as a superhero movie. It just means the "common folk" like it better as a movie than other movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    "I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall."

Doesn't 100% mean them (though it probably does), but it might also mean they're from another time and wouldn't be around for Ra's and Deathstroke
    Supergirl also referenced masks in "that other city" or whatnot, so it's possible that Rip had access to Earth-Supergirl which does have Batman/ Superman. I wonder if they'd have the balls to KILL Superman on Supergirl as they bring the worlds closer.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Could be a Cyberman reference

easter eggs doesnt make characters exist.

until the cw is allowed to use batman he doesnt exist
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    easter eggs doesnt make characters exist.

until the cw is allowed to use batman he doesnt exist
    Lolwhat?

Yes he does. Just because he doesn't show up onscreen doesn't mean he stops existing.

Superman exists in Supergirl's universe, which is also Arrow/Flash/Legend's universe.

Lolwhat?

Yes he does. Just because he doesn't show up onscreen doesn't mean he stops existing.

Superman exists in Supergirl's universe, which is also Arrow/Flash/Legend's universe.
    Superman exists on Supergirls Universe, but not on Arrow/Flash Universe or on Zooms Universe. Flash doesn't exist on Supergirls Universe, but does have an alternate version on Zooms Universe.

Batman has not been mentioned on ANY of them, nor even Gotham, though Nightwings city got mentioned.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Yeah, because other superhero movies don't have shit tier logic.
    Ever read a comic book? You leave reason at the door. Batman's a ''peak human'' yet he lifts a thousand kilos and breaks RPG-proof windows. That's just how comics work. Plot induced stupidity and unexplainable feats.
    Just surface reading this thread but didn't you say Oliver Queen beating Ras in a swordfight was unrealistic and BS?
    One seems more plausible than the other.

Why are you all talking about Batman? Nobody gives a shit about that tired hack. Let the wonderful character of Ray Palmer take center stage, along with budget doctor who.
    Killing off Snart was comically stupid, unless the actor was committed elsewhere.

Lolwhat?

You've got it backwards. Until a character shows up on screen or is mentioned, he doesn't start existing.

About the only real hint we've had that Batman might exist on Flash/Arrow/LoT's Earth-1 is Rip's line about Dark Knights (note, plural), and the comment that the name Oracle was already taken (since Oracle existing implies Batman indirectly).

Plus, Supergirl's universe is explicitly a different universe than Arrow/Flash/Legend's universe, otherwise Barry wouldn't have had to use a breach to get there. And Superman has been explicitly mentioned, and even shown, on Supergirl's Earth, which means he exists in Supergirl's universe, but that doesn't mean Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, or Cyborg exist in her universe (yet), nor does that imply any of those people (Superman and Supergirl included) exist in the Flash's universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Supergirl also referenced masks in "that other city" or whatnot, so it's possible that Rip had access to Earth-Supergirl which does have Batman/ Superman. I wonder if they'd have the balls to KILL Superman on Supergirl as they bring the worlds closer.
    I'd thought you must have misremembered which show (or which person) originated the bolded part, but upon research, I was wrong - straight from 1x14: "I thought masks were only big in that other city." Which now makes me wonder which city she meant, since she'd never heard of any of the Arrowverse characters Flash rattled off. Metropolis, perhaps?
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-05-23 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post

I'd thought you must have misremembered which show (or which person) originated the bolded part, but upon research, I was wrong - straight from 1x14: "I thought masks were only big in that other city." Which now makes me wonder which city she meant, since she'd never heard of any of the Arrowverse characters Flash rattled off. Metropolis, perhaps?
    I think its a Metropolis reference, given that Supes exists.

Oracle exists, Talia al Ghul exists, Bruce Wayne exists on Earth 2, '' Dark Knights '', pretty sure Batman exists too.

Snart is definitely my favorite and now I'm going back to watch Prison Break just to see him onscreen again. I really like the way he brought Captain Cold to life and his mannerisms and speech pattern were distinct and enjoyable. Hell I'd buy any book on tape he read in that voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Huge lol for Snart quoting Ultron.
    You do know Ultron got that from Pinocchio.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Killing off Snart was comically stupid, unless the actor was committed elsewhere.
    He's committed to all the shows now; they basically took him off Legends so they could use him anywhere (including Legends).
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oracle exists, Talia al Ghul exists, Bruce Wayne exists on Earth 2, '' Dark Knights '', pretty sure Batman exists too.
    Until they drop the name "Batman", he doesn't exist. They could even mention Bruce Wayne and that still wouldn't mean that Batman exists. You're dealing with different earths and different universes. Legally, they can't show or mention Batman so as far as the arrowverse and Earth 1, 2, and Supergirls earth are concerned...he simply doesn't and can't exist.

They took a jab at Oracle, but that doesn't mean the character herself exists.

Talia al Ghul was never shown or mentioned as far as I remember. I could be wrong about this, but it's been stated in the past that they were happy with Nyssa and had no intentions of adding her comic book sisters to the mix any time soon.

Bruce Wayne is also never mentioned. I believe Wayne Enterprises was mentioned, IIRC, from a future newspaper. However, that could easily mean Thomas Wayne still runs it and never had Bruce as a son on that Earth or Timeline. It could also be an earth where Bruce exists but never becomes Batman because his parents aren't killed. That's the beauty of the multiverse. The name's Bruce, Hal, and Diana on Barry's phone were obvious shots at the Justice League on Earth 2, but that was plain jane Barry's phone. For all we know those could be his buddies from college Bruce Olstein, Hal Johnson, and Diana Jones.

The writers are going to leave you speculating while trying to throw jabs at names and scenarios where they don't have the rights to fully show, but that's as far as it goes. The characters can't exist until blatantly mentioned or shown.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

I'm 97% positive there was a young girl Talia in the "stuck in 1958" episode of LoT when Canary went to join the League of Assassins.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Until they drop the name "Batman", he doesn't exist. They could even mention Bruce Wayne and that still wouldn't mean that Batman exists. You're dealing with different earths and different universes. Legally, they can't show or mention Batman so as far as the arrowverse and Earth 1, 2, and Supergirls earth are concerned...he simply doesn't and can't exist.

They took a jab at Oracle, but that doesn't mean the character herself exists.

Talia al Ghul was never shown or mentioned as far as I remember. I could be wrong about this, but it's been stated in the past that they were happy with Nyssa and had no intentions of adding her comic book sisters to the mix any time soon.

Bruce Wayne is also never mentioned. I believe Wayne Enterprises was mentioned, IIRC, from a future newspaper. However, that could easily mean Thomas Wayne still runs it and never had Bruce as a son on that Earth or Timeline. It could also be an earth where Bruce exists but never becomes Batman because his parents aren't killed. That's the beauty of the multiverse. The name's Bruce, Hal, and Diana on Barry's phone were obvious shots at the Justice League on Earth 2, but that was plain jane Barry's phone. For all we know those could be his buddies from college Bruce Olstein, Hal Johnson, and Diana Jones.

The writers are going to leave you speculating while trying to throw jabs at names and scenarios where they don't have the rights to fully show, but that's as far as it goes. The characters can't exist until blatantly mentioned or shown.
    sarah mentions talia in the ra's episode of legends when he tells him to send his daughter to lianu he says "why would i send talia there" and she tells him "not talia, your next daughter, i think you'll name her nyssa"

previously they said they hadnt decided whether or not talia existed but now she does.

and thats how batman works for the arrowverse. at any point they could retrofit him into the arrowverse since hes a street level hero that to most people is just an urban legend.

but unless they get permission he just doesnt.

the arrowverse crew love batman and the dc universe in general. which is why harley quinn had a cameo in season 2 (i think? cant remember when) they even had a whole harley quin subplot planned but dc told them they werent allowed to use the character which is why she was behind a hazy glass door and was just a voice.

and atom was originally going to be ted kord/blue beetle but they arent allowed to use blue beetle (because there is a blue beetle/booster gold movie that is ironically being done by greg berlanti of the arrowverse crew)

but they still use kord industries.

they cant use these characters but they can still put in easter eggs.

amell and berlanti talk all the time about how they would love to have batman on the show and have batman and oliver get into a fight and they try to get dc to let them every year.

with the arrowverse crew now in charge of the dccu i think it might be possible we will see that at some point.

also titans is currently being shopped around so if cw picks up titans batman will be made canon even if he doesnt show up due to nightwing being the main character of the show ala supergirl
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Talya was on Legends.
    Whose mere existence can be erased by any number of actions taken by the crew of the Waverider.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    also titans is currently being shopped around so if cw picks up titans batman will be made canon even if he doesnt show up due to nightwing being the main character of the show ala supergirl
    Unless they change nightwing's backstory to remove the Batman connection.