Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonGateClimber View Post
    Calling it "Warcraft: The Beginning" is such a bad move in my opinion. I'm getting a bit tired of the huge franchise film series we're series nowadays. Thanks to Marvel, Harry Potter, etc, everyone feels the need to create these huge "dynasty" film series', even before the success has been proven. With this being "The Beginning" you already have the confirmation that this isn't a film with a single story that can stand on it's own. And what if the movie doesn't reach financial expectations, and they don't make a sequel? We're stuck with a movie called "The Beginning" which never continues of concludes, and is therefore considered a bit of a laughing stock. I'm still not convinced this movie is going to be good, but I'm hoping it will be. I just feel like the subtitle (used in some territories) could be a curse.
    Do you think that maybe, just maaaaaybe, it's called that because it's the very start of the whole Warcraft story, and has nothing to do with franchising.

Calling it "Warcraft: The Beginning" is such a bad move in my opinion. I'm getting a bit tired of the huge franchise film series we're series nowadays. Thanks to Marvel, Harry Potter, etc, everyone feels the need to create these huge "dynasty" film series', even before the success has been proven. With this being "The Beginning" you already have the confirmation that this isn't a film with a single story that can stand on it's own. And what if the movie doesn't reach financial expectations, and they don't make a sequel? We're stuck with a movie called "The Beginning" which never continues of concludes, and is therefore considered a bit of a laughing stock. I'm still not convinced this movie is going to be good, but I'm hoping it will be. I just feel like the subtitle (used in some territories) could be a curse.
    It's called Beginning in EU, not US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Do you think that maybe, just maaaaaybe, it's called that because it's the very start of the whole Warcraft story, and has nothing to do with franchising.
    No, I don't. There is no logical reason to called something, colon The Beginning, unless you're trying to explain that "this is just the Beginning of the story and that it will continue, so get ready for more movies, guys". I'm not saying this to be cynical, I'm saying it because I think it's a poor decision and could hurt the movie. Anyone who isn't already a fan of the Warcraft universe is going to assume this to be "the beginning", and doesn't need that told to them. I see this is a way of building up the perceived scale of the story and letting people know this is intended to be a continuing thing. If it was intended to just be there to "explain" to audiences that this is the beginning of the Warcraft story (why would people need to be told this?), why aren't there a whole bunch of films without sequels which have a similar subtitle? Hell, even movies which actually are franchise titles don't typically use subtitles like this, because it's silly.

And don't mistake my tone. I'm not exactly angry about this, I'm just talking. I think people tend to interpret any criticism on the internet as troll-like or at the very least venomous, when really I'm just expressing my perception. I will definitely be seeing this movie, I just think "The Beginning" subtitle is a bad idea, that's all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    It's called Beginning in EU, not US.
    Yeah, I heard that. That's interesting to me, as the US is where all these overblown, endless sequel franchises get made, and US audiences eat them up. You would think they would want to drive that point home here as well, and let the moron part of the movie going population know that they are watching the start of a potential new big epic franchise, "so get the super sized popcorn and keep that credit card ready!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    Can you give an example for laughs ?
    I don't play Diablo III anymore but most of the Elite names don't make sense at all in Italian. I think I remember something like "Terribile L'Archibugio" which means "Terrible The Arquebus" (Arquebus is a kind of firearm, but the Elite was a spider). Or "Ira Il Difficile" which would be "Anger The Difficult". Something like that.

Deleted
    Yeah, I heard that. That's interesting to me, as the US is where all these overblown, endless sequel franchises get made, and US audiences eat them up. You would think they would want to drive that point home here as well, and let the moron part of the movie going population know that they are watching the start of a potential new big epic franchise, "so get the super sized popcorn and keep that credit card ready!"
    It's, afaik, a similar reason why Avengers was called Avengers Assemble in the UK, and so on. Some countries have weird laws with IPs. "The Beginning" is really generic, yeah, but what are you going to do? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted
    About map, noone noticed that in this picture, we can see the WoW map of Swamp of Sorrow with the Atal'Hakkar temple notified in the middle ? That's a pretty nice easter egg there.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Wait, the lake thing to the west of Deadwind Pass here.. isn't that the lake in eastern Elwynn Forest? Stone Cairn Lake? Shouldn't it be Duskwood? o.O
    Scroll the image to the right. =P

Deleted
    Wait, the lake thing to the west of Deadwind Pass here.. isn't that the lake in eastern Elwynn Forest? Stone Cairn Lake? Shouldn't it be Duskwood? o.O
    Yes it looks like Stone Cairn, but we can distingue Grand Hamlet south of it that will become Darkshire.
    Soooo... Geography isn't PERFECTLY the same, but that's close. I guess Deadwin Pass is more on the North than it's in game, but that's the only real difference i can see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimzar View Post
    If anybody's confused by the plot of the film - you should not worry. The story is perfect, but if you expect to see the movie about the first war from The Last Guardian - you should take this thought and blew it away! It will spoils you all the fun. The Warcraft Movie will be based on a Warcraft I: ocs and humans story. It will be referenced to it just a lot. But as you could know - the story of Warcraft I had been rewritten in the Last Guardian novel.

So if you expect to see Aegvynn, Sargeras, Fall of Stormwind and etc. - God may help you not to be disappointed at the cinema.

I can't get you any proof, I did not watch the movie, I did not read the whole novel story. But a good part is that I did not sigh any NDA papers. So I can share all of information about 80 per cent of a plot that I am solid sure, and around 15 per sent that I have solid thoughts about. 5 per sent is a terra incognito for me, so I can accept that something will surprise me about it.

So if you have any questions about the plot I can answer it, but I do not know if there is a spoiler tag in this forum

P.S. Any information I will tell is not based on a game experience, so you wouldn't read anythink like: "Stormwind will fall, because it should be the end of the First war" - nope, it shouldn't cause it's a new universe, so any sentence should be proofed in this universe from the beginning.
    tf i just read?

Weird change. I wonder why. So, the tower to the south of Grand Hamlet, is that supposed to be Karazhan? Looks a bit like it from the trailer
    They must have built the map around the orc invasion, so that they can reach some places before others. The way it is in WoW, they wouldn't need to go through Westfall at all, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am many pages behind, but the map here... The area labeled Dwarf lands, that's Arathi Highlands, isn't it? All Dwarvish land is south of Thandol Span
    Oh yeah you're totally right, the snow just threw me off XD
    But itsnt it cool the map is so accurate we can discuss these things :O

Because audiences in the US are actually getting jaded of the whole affair.

- - - Updated - - -

We've had:
    The Lord of the Rings trilogy, the series of films that really got the ball rolling on "dynasty" films.
    The Hobbit (which is where people started getting tired of these multi-movie storylines)
    The Star Wars Prequels (with a new trilogy and spinoffs coming)
    Harry Potter (with prequels and spinoffs coming)
    Twilight (4 or 5 movies)
    Hunger Games (not discounting possible prequels)
    13 freaking MCU movies and counting (the one that is driving exhaustion)

And now four more Avatar movie and a DCU coming.

Be grateful that the original Warcraft story can be told in a couple of movies or less, and quite possibly the entire WC trilogy in just three. They need not ever touch the rest of Warcraft to give you a conclusion; they can just stop with the RTS games.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post

- - - Updated - - -

We've had:
    The Lord of the Rings trilogy, the series of films that really got the ball rolling on "dynasty" films.
    The Hobbit (which is where people started getting tired of these multi-movie storylines)
    Twilight (4 or 5 movies)

Be grateful that the original Warcraft story can be told in a couple of movies or less, and quite possibly the entire WC trilogy in just three. They need not ever touch the rest of Warcraft to give you a conclusion; they can just stop with the RTS games.

The RTS games end with a Sauron look-alike being victorious though

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedhoven View Post
    Honestly, the Italian WoW translation is the worst I've ever seen in any video game. They translated everything literally, including the names of characters, cities and famous weapons, and most of them sound awful in Italian. 99% of us don't like it and if you browse the Italian official forums most posts are complaints about the translation.

On the other hand, StarCraft II translation is great, and the dubbing is amazing, way better than the original. Diablo III is good except for the names of some rare spawn that don't make sense at all in Italian, they look like they have been translated automatically with Google.

Hearthstone translation is the same as WoW, obviously. Heroes of the Storm is great except for the WoW characters. Overwatch, I have no idea since I don't play it, but the animated shorts sound good in Italian and the dubbing is great.
    That's not an Italian-only thing, it works for everyone. It's how they conceived the concept of "localization" in WoW, aka translate everything to fit the localized servers.

Starcraft's translation is better because they did it in WC3-style, which was the best. WoW decided to "localize" servers and remove every word of English from every non-English server (or, to be precise, from every the translation meant to fit those servers). Mind you, I don't defend the whole thing as I too play on an Italian server but with the English version up, just to point out that such is the way WoW works in general, not just in regards of the Italian translation.

Quote Originally Posted by donmater View Post
    tf i just read?
    Paradokz's businesses, don't mind.

Oh, that would make sense, that's a very acceptable excuse then! I completely support changes that make sense within the universe and for the storytelling
    *hugs*

Seriously, that's something refreshing to read.

Be grateful that the original Warcraft story can be told in a couple of movies or less, and quite possibly the entire WC trilogy in just three.
    That's unlikely, to say the least. The trilogy will probably end with Beyond the Dark Portal (or to better say, a cinematic adaptation of it). I mean, this very movie didn't even manage to deal with the whole First War.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-05-22 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

- - - Updated - - -

We've had:
    Twilight (4 or 5 movies)

Audiences are getting jaded? Where is your evidence? All of those movies made a shit-ton of money. It seems audiences are loving it. I know I am.

B
    And where would be fun in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    That's unlikely, to say the least. The trilogy will probably end with Beyond the Dark Portal (or to better say, a cinematic adaptation of it). I mean, this very movie didn't even manage to deal with the whole First War.
    This is a great idea actually; would give closure to the same characters and story that was started in the first film.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Well, I mean, no story is perfect, so if one can make slight insignificant alterations like this to help the story make more sense, then there's pretty much no reason not to! I'm all for refining the rough edges
    Heh, if only the "Notcraft" crowd would possess even 1/10 of this logical thinking...

This is a great idea actually; would give closure to the same characters and story that was started in the first film.
    Exactly. A trilogy will be more than enough to handle the story organically and give it a satisfying conclusion.

WC3 is an entirely different beast they'll probably decide to handle depending from the amount of success the first trilogy gained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty annoyed with Swedish cinema atm.... Just booked ticket for next sunday for me and some friends and found out that the biggest cinema here in southern sweden aint showing Warcraft. They only show one movie at a time and they decided to go with the new Alice Through the Looking Glass.....

I have a hard time accepting that more people here in southern Sweden want to see Alice over Warcraft in the cinema with the best sound and biggest screen.