Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    I dare you to go back and find me people who said beta was over all garbage in cata, mop, or wod.
    Here I am.

I predicted that WoD will be a much worse expansion than Cata and will do a lot of damage to WoW. All of this 5-6 months before release and I was right about every issue. During the beta it was easy to spot what would happen if you weren't a blind fanboy.

Wanna know what happened? I got attacked left, right and center. And funnily enough this was the first time I was absolutely sure an expansion will be shit.

I already do it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    I think Blizzard always flops with the last content patch, everyone just remembers ICC, DS, SoO and instantly dismisses the whole expansion as garbage, because of the content drought. WoD might be the odd one out being shit all around, so it's unique in its own way I really don't think we'll ever see "WoD was good" threads, but then again we're talking about the WoW community so, I wouldn't bet on it.

Deleted
    Btw, let me make another prediction.

Legion will only be a tiny bit better than WoD over all and not recover WoW.

-artifact weapons will be a flop
    -random legendaries will be a huge flop
    -zone scaling will be a flop
    -mission tables will be a flop
    -only 4 zones will be a flop
    -flying bait will be a flop too
    -world quests will get old very very quickly too

There is more. But Legion will not be much more successful than WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Everyone eh?

My feelings during each expansion:

Vanilla = loved it
    TBC = wasn't that great to me at all, didnt like the setting
    Wotlk = I loved it so much, from art to lore it was a great experience
    Cata = hmmm, it was okish for me as a non raider at the time but certainly worse than Wotlk
    MoP = such a great and well done expansion once the daily debacle was fixed, after that it was just magical
    WoD = No content and boring AF, absolute low point of WoW

- - - Updated - - -

I do actually, it was most certainly worse than Wotlk but a whole lot better than WoD.
    Dang. Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. Except for Vanilla, cause I wasn't around back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullpointer View Post
    I think Blizzard always flops with the last content patch, everyone just remembers ICC, DS, SoO and instantly dismisses the whole expansion as garbage, because of the content drought. WoD might be the odd one out being shit all around, so it's unique in its own way I really don't think we'll ever see "WoD was good" threads, but then again we're talking about the WoW community so, I wouldn't bet on it.
    Hahh, ICC wasn't the last patch. Back then Blizzard was smart enough to do a short patch with a new raid that was more of a prologue to Cata than an actual part of WotLK. Guess which expansion is the most beloved by the fandom.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2016-05-22 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullpointer View Post
    WoD only had 1 content patch......so yea....

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If legion is as bad as it appears, almost instantly. Both will be the two worst expansions followed by MOP and cata.
    MoP > Cata > WoD

We'll see where Legion falls.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Do people have nostalgia for Cata? (game-wise, not people-wise)

Because I don't.

*EDIT* As much as I liked the aesthetics of Vash'jir, I don't have nostalgia for it. I have nostalgia for what it SHOULD'VE been.
    I totally loved the heroic dungeon difficulty at launch, Vash'jir is my second most favourite location right after TBC Nagrand and t11 was good. I even liked ZA/ZG remakes.

Other than that? Nope, neither more green jesus stupid lore, nor "we place red bosses who do red abilities on the red floor with the red ceiling" firelands, and certainly nor the DS raid - which, mechanically, was awesome, by the way, if not for its deathwing bosses, which both were idiotic, with spine being absurdly hard, while madness being at the same time absurdly easy and most bland, boring, uninspired bossfight WoW ever had.

Btw, let me make another prediction.

Legion will only be a tiny bit better than WoD over all and not recover WoW.

-artifact weapons will be a flop
    -random legendaries will be a huge flop
    -zone scaling will be a flop
    -mission tables will be a flop
    -only 4 zones will be a flop
    -flying bait will be a flop too
    -world quests will get old very very quickly too

There is more. But Legion will not be much more successful than WoD.
    You forget about the biggest disappointment Legion brings - ability prune. Wait and you'll see, when prepatch hits live, Blizzard will be drown in tears and anger.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-05-22 at 06:51 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Hahh, ICC wasn't the last patch. Back then Blizzard was smart enough to do a short patch with a new raid that was more of a prologue to Cata than an actual part of WotLK. Guess which expansion is the most beloved by the fandom.
    You are correct, I totally forgot RS.

Deleted
    In all fairness Thepredice every single beta was praised. Mostly by the same shills that have youtube accounts attached to Blizzard via an umbilical cord. Notice how every single beta is great. I dare you to go back and find me people who said beta was over all garbage in cata, mop, or wod.
    I was in the beta for WLK, MOP, WOD and currently in Legion. I loved WLK, MOP and am loving Legion. I stand by WOD and MOP as great xpacs. I wasn't impressed by WOD, thought it had potential but that they never executed on it. I stand by that today. Legion is awesome, it's the xpac WOD should've been.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    You forget about the biggest disappointment Legion brings - ability prune. Wait and you'll see, when prepatch hits live, Blizzard will be drown in tears and anger.
    Ah dangit you are right. That should have been my Nr 1 reason actually.

Prune, as you rightly said, will bring a lot of drama and resentment to Legion before it even launches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I thought they were done with the pruning in WoD...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Considering how the forums were during WotLK (the point when "Blizzard destroyed WoW by giving raid-level loot to the casual mouthbreathers"), and now apparently it was the golden era, sure, we're going to see "WoD was better" threads. Even happened to MoP. Mid MoP there was a little wave of Cata nostalgia as long as you didn't mention Dragon Soul.

WoD in beta DID have a ton of feedback that non-raid content was scarce and wouldn't last long, but people are blinded when they play on betas.

Ah dangit you are right. That should have been my Nr 1 reason actually.

Prune, as you rightly said, will bring a lot of drama and resentment to Legion before it even launches.
    Alright Nostradamus, now you've pointed out that pretty much every major change in Legion will fail or be poorly received.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-05-22 at 07:00 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here I am.

I predicted that WoD will be a much worse expansion than Cata and will do a lot of damage to WoW. All of this 5-6 months before release and I was right about every issue. During the beta it was easy to spot what would happen if you weren't a blind fanboy.

Wanna know what happened? I got attacked left, right and center. And funnily enough this was the first time I was absolutely sure an expansion will be shit.
    I'm surprised the person you're quoting isn't the most refuted quote in the thread.

There are troves of people who hated the betas of cata, mop, and wod. WoD being the most hated beta yet.

Cata was praised for the re-done leveling experience, but all the testable 80-90 content was tedious, forgettable, lack-thereof, or cut. People had a hard-on for the 5-man difficulty before they were nerfed (BREAKYOURSELFUPONMYBODY), but the instances themselves were bland/boring/uninteresting and all-round "samey" with heavily reused assets. This "samey" feel reared its ugly head for the final patch, Dragon Soul.

MoP was hated (and rightfully so) because of further class "homogenization". Also the menagerie of quest bugs. Panda-haters were ignored, but plentiful.

WoD was a god damn travesty. ZERO beta feedback being answered outside literal game-breaking bugs. Its only saving grace was the "campaign mode" which essentially turned WoW into a single-player game. It's like the actual Blizzard team gave an outsourced team a storyboard panel and said "make an expansion".
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

If legion is as bad as it appears, almost instantly. Both will be the two worst expansions followed by MOP and cata.
    Lol get outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    WoD was a god damn travesty. ZERO beta feedback being answered outside literal game-breaking bugs. Its only saving grace was the "campaign mode" which essentially turned WoW into a single-player game. It's like the actual Blizzard team gave an outsourced team a storyboard panel and said "make an expansion".
    Which is partly true, considering that people who made Vanilla, BC and WoTLK, aren't a part of WoW's developers team anymore.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    No chance there are gonna be any nostalgia posts as we will only get WoD legacy servers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Alright Nostradamus, now you've pointed out that pretty much every major change in Legion will fail or be poorly received.
    Yea and I am pretty sure that is what will happen. But don't forget that Demon hunters + dungeons + raids look very promising, that alone will carry a lot of weight.

You don't have to believe me, let's talk again in one year and see if I was right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say around the time content starts lagging. People will remember what decent times they had in WoD. I doubt many would be willing to call WoD anything near a good expansion, but parts of it might be remembered fondly.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

This won't occur at all. Rather if legion is bad and people disdain it for whatever reasons they'll simply quit wow altogether. I don't know anyone who likes wod. If there's 1% who do like it then they aren't going to come back here on the forums to start saying "omg wod rules" as they were always happy with it. If it gets worse than wod than the game is finished.