10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    The end credits song for Space Patrol is growing on me.
    Have you seen Me!Me!Me!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    For those playing Stellaris...how do you deal with Fallen Empires? I have had three games ended by them now. I'll be going along, minding my own business, and a scout will find their empire...they demand I submit or die and the game is over.

This last time was particularly galling because I was playing a multiplayer game with my friend; it was her first game, and I was explaining a few things as we played. Then she ran into a Fallen Empire, she told them she didn't want war...and they took her homeworld and 3 of her 4 colonies. Her homeworld was too close to them to be tolerated apparently. How could you ever possibly win such a game? It has just been the most unfun aspect of this game by far.
    Fallen Empires can be hit or miss. Militant isolationists will ignore you if you don't come close, but if you settle anything nearby they'll demand you abandon everything within about a hundred LY(guesstimate from experience) from their borders. They're the worst ones, since it's very easy to draw their anger without even knowing it, leading to instant demand once you stumble in their borders and trigger the diplomacy event... and by default if you've angered them they have a clear path to attack you. Your friend probably settled a colony too close to their borders which triggered their ire - and once triggered they'll demand you abandon everything in a far greater radius than their tolerance margin. If you want to safeguard against the unlikely event of starting next to militant isolationist fallen empire, scout out a few systems beyond where you intend to settle at all times.

Other fallen empire types are not that bad - you need to break their taboos several times to even risk an attack, and even then often they won't have a clear path of invasion.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2016-05-22 at 07:29 PM.

Wild Grills 237: Is this Jaegu being less shit? Or is the bar so low that it seems he's less shit?
    I think he's hit a point where his own concern for DalDal has kinda... pushed him over the edge. Expect to see some sort of Berserk Button or Tranquil Fury next, along with this long awaited No-Holds-Barred Beatdown. I, for one, am hella excited for next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    I think he's hit a point where his own concern for DalDal has kinda... pushed him over the edge. Expect to see some sort of Berserk Button or Tranquil Fury next, along with this long awaited No-Holds-Barred Beatdown. I, for one, am hella excited for next chapter.
    No shit. The whole last few weeks have just been such a slow burn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Have you seen Me!Me!Me!?
    wtf am I watching

Deleted
    wtf am I watching
    A music video about excessive obsession with anime destroying the guy's relationship and life.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Fallen Empires can be hit or miss. Militant isolationists will ignore you if you don't come close, but if you settle anything nearby they'll demand you abandon everything within about a hundred LY(guesstimate from experience) from their borders. They're the worst ones, since it's very easy to draw their anger without even knowing it, leading to instant demand once you stumble in their borders and trigger the diplomacy event... and by default if you've angered them they have a clear path to attack you. Your friend probably settled a colony too close to their borders which triggered their ire - and once triggered they'll demand you abandon everything in a far greater radius than their tolerance margin. If you want to safeguard against the unlikely event of starting next to militant isolationist fallen empire, scout out a few systems beyond where you intend to settle at all times.

Other fallen empire types are not that bad - you need to break their taboos several times to even risk an attack, and even then often they won't have a clear path of invasion.
    Sounds like the Romulans.

Probably picking this one up this week. Looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    A music video about excessive obsession with anime destroying the guy's relationship and life.
    I'm too much of a prude for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    CD Book 15 Chapter 9 - What happened to Linley's Pearl of Life? Surely that would have just healed him perfectly fine from having half his body blown away, no? Or is it one of those forgotten things that is basically now obsolete?
    That's only useful for up to the saint level. Once he became a deity his body is no longer flesh and blood that can be healed with methods useful for mortals.

- - - Updated - - -

Has some issues, which will hopefully be fixed in patches, but overall I'm loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I've loved both the OP and ED since I first saw them. Can't wait for them to come out.
    It's super breathy and reminds me of Lovage, one of Dan the Automator's projects.

10+ Year Old Account
    wtf am I watching
    It's the same singer as the ED for Luluco.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those that's watching Re:Zero; seems like ep 8-10 is only delayed for a couple of hours. 8 is out on CR now.

It's a really enjoyable game imo. Especially early and mid game are amazing, late game feels a bit too bland imo, and can also be quite performance heavy depending on the map size when fleets get huge. The way you design your fleet will have a fun, but steep learning curve as the way you equip your fleet can either give you an easy victory, or get stomped by fleets with half the fleetpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    For those that's watching Re:Zero; seems like ep 8-10 is only delayed for a couple of hours. 8 is out on CR now.

Family party why must you make me wait on top of waiting cus of delays

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Is Arslan good?
    Quite a few people in here enjoyed it iirc.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    ISSTH 595 - The memories of a father chapter T-T
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

It felt like I'd already experienced the story before (Arslan). I'll probably return to it when the next part starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Tearing up abit ISSTH feels bus damnit! The love of a father and the love of a mother are completely different. The love of a father is more reserved, more silent, like a mountain. When you are a child, your father is your guardian angel. When you are a teenager, things change. He becomes an obstacle. After that, you come to view yourself as the superior, with him beneath you.

Once you reach middle age, though, you look at that mountain and you suddenly realize that he has been there all along, watching you proudly. However arrogant you were, however selfish and narrow-minded, he would forgive you. Forgive you without even saying a word.

When a child wishes to care for a parent, only to find that the parent is no longer there, well… that is a sorrow that gives rise to the most profound of weeping.

In the past, I viewed myself as incredible. Sir, you said many things back then. You tried to involve yourself in my affairs, but at that time, I felt that you had changed from before. I felt that I was capable of flying on my own.

But then, my wings were broken, and I became very exhausted. After flying for a long time, I suddenly looked back and thought of you, sir, and about all the things you told me. By the time I looked back, however, all I could see was your tomb. I stood in front of your tomb and wept. I wanted to say: “Father… I was wrong.”

In the past, I looked down at you, then turned away, leaving you to prove myself. Years later, after I conquered the world, I came back to you in all my glory to look at your shocked face. Instead, what I saw was how proud you were of me, sir. Pain filled my heart. By that time, your hair had long since become white. I embraced my aged father, and whispered:

“Father, I’m back.”
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2016-05-22 at 08:19 PM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Didn't know about that, so I went and checked it out. Yes, the singing style is kind of similar, but it's even more breathy in the ED, I think. Something you don't hear very often and that actually sounds pretty good.
    Yeah, I'll be grabbing the ED once it drops. Lovage was always my least favorite of his projects, but that's because it's an 8 whereas Handsome Boy Modeling School and the first Gorillaz album were 10s.

Are there any others by this artist I can check out? I'm a sucker for female vocals.

For no reason at all, I feel like posting this again.