Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why do you not want to weave in some DPS anyway? If its a targeting issue you can just put targetoftarget,harm macros on all your dps spells and just weave them in while healing, you dont even need to change targets and it doesn't feel like dpsing at all.

This macro will just basically auto assist any friendly target you have, otherwise it will dps a hostile target

#showtooltip
    /cast [@target,harm,exists,nodead][@targettarget,harm,exists,nodead] Smite
    Last edited by Yizu; 2016-05-22 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    There are too many healers who don't dps at all in random dungeon groups. I hate it when a healer thinks that they can get away with just standing there and casting a couple of healing spells. I always check Recount after the first couple of pulls and if I don't see at least a decent amount of dps from the healer I'll votekick them. If they /w me after the kick I just tell them to go and play CoD.
    And that's why, my dear healers, you should never join the cesspool of random grouping.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    And that's why, my dear healers, you should never join the cesspool of random grouping.
    I use LFG all the time and I've never run into self righteous trolls/idiots like that guy. It's usually a bunch of silent people who want to get through the dungeon asap.

As I said before, we most definitely should be doing dps during downtime or low damage windows. Standing there and wasting mana on heals is inefficient and so is just standing there, but we shouldn't be doing dps over healing if there's damage coming out or people are standing in fire. My job isn't to do dps while people die, my job is to keep those people alive and do dps when nothing is happening.

Deleted
    Healers getting triggered from hearing the truth.

Healers don't even have to pay attention to the fight mechanics. All they have to do is to watch the Raid UI and if they see someone's HP bar going low they use a healing spell. If the bar is going very low they use a big healing spell. Most overrated role in the game.

A proud tank since Vanilla.
    Have u healed in any of the wod raids?
    No?
    Then dont make false conclusions

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I use LFG all the time and I've never run into self righteous trolls/idiots like that guy. It's usually a bunch of silent people who want to get through the dungeon asap.

As I said before, we most definitely should be doing dps during downtime or low damage windows. Standing there and wasting mana on heals is inefficient and so is just standing there, but we shouldn't be doing dps over healing if there's damage coming out or people are standing in fire. My job isn't to do dps while people die, my job is to keep those people alive and do dps when nothing is happening.
    Its not the question of whether we should or should not deal damage. Its a question of a possibility of a noobish idiot kicking us because we did not did enough (for his idiotic merits) other role's job, while obviously doing our role's job good. Noobs like him can't even fathom that different healing specs have different damage dealing possibilities, and it is a clear sign of a noob trying to compare disc's damage on the boss and resto shaman's one.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-05-22 at 07:11 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    So if i want to maximize my healing i have to dps with all healers correct?
    Druid does not have to DPS to heal well.

Healers don't even have to pay attention to the fight mechanics. All they have to do is to watch the Raid UI and if they see someone's HP bar going low they use a healing spell. If the bar is going very low they use a big healing spell. Most overrated role in the game.

Don't think people could see the sarcasm if it hit them in the face. 5/7 signature.

7+ Year Old Account
    There are too many healers who don't dps at all in random dungeon groups. I hate it when a healer thinks that they can get away with just standing there and casting a couple of healing spells. I always check Recount after the first couple of pulls and if I don't see at least a decent amount of dps from the healer I'll votekick them. If they /w me after the kick I just tell them to go and play CoD.
    that's really a stupidest thing i have heard all week.
    "lets kick the healer because he's doing what he is supposed to do!" ?

OT: disc is the only spec you have to dps as a healer.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Druid does not have to DPS to heal well.
    They don't, that's why there is a talent to give you a choice, however if you've seen methods mythic HFC kill videos, from their Rdruid Sonies point of view, you can see him and their healers understand efficiency. With or without the wrath talent he will cast wrath anyways just to save mana during downtime, because it's free, but he talents it so he is healing and dpsing at the same time, for free.

They understand to let the paladin and priest spend mana during the spot heal portions of the fight and then let the druid and shaman drain mana during aoe healing phases.

Your average lfr player or normal/heroic pugger healer will just try to win the meters by overhealing, which actually doesn't count towards your healing at all, you will always get more hps by having the mana to spend on the big spells during high damage. If you can limit your overhealing to 10-20% while maintaining high total healing, you are ready for the big leagues.

Do you HAVE to DPS? No. But you know those times where you're literally standing still and no one is taking damage? That's when it's best to deal damage. You want to always be casting something and since overhealing is wasted so why not just throw some damage into the boss? Kicking a healer for not doing damage is kind of overstepping the line a bit, but to maximize your group play just cast some DPS spells.

If you're talking about questing in Legion then quest as DPS and save up all your artifact power for level 110 on your healer artifact. It's gonna be slow, but leveling as a Healer was going to be slower anyway.

7+ Year Old Account

if i ever meet you in a dungeon, you can heal yourself then.
    we will see how "overrated" healers are.

and i guess you didnt even heal through wod either.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-05-22 at 07:28 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Houselol View Post
    Don't think people could see the sarcasm if it hit them in the face. 5/7 signature.
    That's why we use /s here. I don't usually read people's signatures either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenkz View Post
    They don't, that's why there is a talent to give you a choice, however if you've seen methods mythic HFC kill videos, from their Rdruid Sonies point of view, you can see him and their healers understand efficiency. With or without the wrath talent he will cast wrath anyways just to save mana during downtime, because it's free, but he talents it so he is healing and dpsing at the same time, for free.
    This is a Legion thread. That talent is gone in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Title says it all. Is there any healing spec left where you dont have to dps?
    healers should only be able to do trivial damage. hell, that is what apparently is expected of tanks who are actually your front line fighters.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Shenkz View Post

They understand to let the paladin and priest spend mana during the spot heal portions of the fight and then let the druid and shaman drain mana during aoe healing phases.

Your average lfr player or normal/heroic pugger healer will just try to win the meters by overhealing, which actually doesn't count towards your healing at all, you will always get more hps by having the mana to spend on the big spells during high damage. If you can limit your overhealing to 10-20% while maintaining high total healing, you are ready for the big leagues.
    Given that this is in the Legion forums, I am assuming he's asking about Legion classes, and druid (to my knowledge) no longer has this talent, so no.

It has been echoed a lot, but I want to avoid misinformation. You are in no way required to DPS unless you are Disc to maximize your healing potential. MW has a few talents that will require DPS, not required but gives the option to fistweave for those who miss it. Most groups will not expect you to do anything more then keep them alive, because that is what you are there for. Unless @Haekke is in your group just to troll the healers of the game.

Doing damage can be a useful benefit to the group, as their damage will probably be higher than it has been in any previous xpac. Not that it will be incredible damage, Even Disc that is required to spend more time doing DPS is typically under the tank. In those high difficulty content runs, every bit counts. But in your average life in the game it really isn't required.
    Last edited by Rilas13; 2016-05-22 at 07:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    healers should only be able to do trivial damage. hell, that is what apparently is expected of tanks who are actually your front line fighters.
    damage is almost never trivial

Glad I don't que with you then. If people are standing in fire and taking unnecessary damage I'm going to spend my time keeping them and everyone else alive rather than doing someone else's role.

Healers role is to heal and keep people alive, that's our #1 priority, if I can't heal people through dpsing and people are going to be taking damage I'm not going to waste my time dpsing, that's something the dps can handle. If everyone is decent and nobody is standing in shit then of course I'll dps, no reason to spam heals or cast a few spells if they aren't doing anything.

You're the only person I've seen with this kind of mentality towards healers. I guess if I ever que with you I should let everyone die so I can do decent dps. Sounds logical.
    Welcome to the future. It's your job as a healer to pump out some damage now during low raid damage phases. Get used to it, or gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Welcome to the future. It's your job as a healer to pump out some damage now during low raid damage phases. Get used to it, or gtfo.
    If you wanna talk about the future, learn how to read first. That'd be a good start. See below:

- - - Updated - - -

Glad I don't que with you then. If people are standing in fire and taking unnecessary damage I'm going to spend my time keeping them and everyone else alive rather than doing someone else's role.

Healers role is to heal and keep people alive, that's our #1 priority, if I can't heal people through dpsing and people are going to be taking damage I'm not going to waste my time dpsing, that's something the dps can handle. If everyone is decent and nobody is standing in shit then of course I'll dps, no reason to spam heals or cast a few spells if they aren't doing anything.

You're the only person I've seen with this kind of mentality towards healers. I guess if I ever que with you I should let everyone die so I can do decent dps. Sounds logical.
    Apparently you either missed the bold part or just have trouble reading. Clearly stated that if people aren't taking damage/standing in fire (happens a lot when using LFG) then I'll dps because wasting heals/mana would be inefficient.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-05-22 at 07:57 PM.

What a pathetic attitude...