Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Some concept art, may or may not be included in the movie, from one of the artists

http://www.scified.com/news/new-alie...-alien-species
    Some sets have been revealed, nothing spoilery, just a bunch of dead engineers, well since in the Synopsis David is the only guy alive on Paradise, the Engineers would be dead, but what killed them??
    giant trees

and a bunch of giant heads statues like in last movie.

Deleted
    No idea why Scott feels the need to make these ever so slight changes to Giger's vision and ruin it all. I mean, the drone, for example, is already perfect. Why ruin it the way it was ruined in Prometheus, and now like in that picture above?

And don't get me started with the oversized facehugger 2 dollar CGI tentacle monster.

Danny McBride casted on this lol will be funny to see if he can do something more serious. Your Highness was the last movie i saw with him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    No idea why Scott feels the need to make these ever so slight changes to Giger's vision and ruin it all. I mean, the drone, for example, is already perfect. Why ruin it the way it was ruined in Prometheus, and now like in that picture above?

And don't get me started with the oversized facehugger 2 dollar CGI tentacle monster.
    Actually that pic is more akin to the original art pieces from giger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Actually that pic is more akin to the original art pieces from giger
    Yeah, I've seen pretty much every single piece of artwork by Giger. To each their own, I guess. I just personally see that concept art as a cheap knock off.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Some concept art, may or may not be included in the movie, from one of the artists

http://www.scified.com/news/new-alie...-alien-species
    Some sets have been revealed, nothing spoilery, just a bunch of dead engineers, well since in the Synopsis David is the only guy alive on Paradise, the Engineers would be dead, but what killed them??
    giant trees

and a bunch of giant heads statues like in last movie.
    unless they changed their mind it was already stated that there would be none of the predatory aliens in the promethium sequel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Prometheus was garbage, so i hope they can make something better for a sequel.
    Why do you feel it was gargage?
    I actually enjoyed it.
    Not saying that you are wrong.
    Just looking for compelling reasons why you did not enjoy it for what it was?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I loved Prometheus, so definitely excited for this one.

Deleted
    Prometheus was REALLY bad. Inconsistencies everywhere, bad characters, bad prequel, scenario is meh...

Hope this one will be better but well, I probably won't see it in theaters.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's my thought that any new remake, modernized film or series that we enjoyed from the 80's will just never be the same. The biggest reason for me is Alien and Aliens was scary as fk just because it was so dark and grimy looking. Your eyes were straining to see if the monsters were lurking someplace. Same with Star Wars. The newer ones are just too bright and shiny.

That being said, I'm a true fan of the Alien series. I enjoyed Prometheus mostly because I knew it was a prequel to Alien. It was an ok film on it's own, but could of been much better. I am however looking forward to this sequel, and it's a good sign that they are taking time and not just spitting them out one after another. When did they release that there would be no aliens in this one?

Deleted
    I feel like Scott out-Lucased Lucas in taking something he did himself years ago and then completely ruining it with his "improved vision" of "how it should have been all along."

It's a bit like Metallica taking something like One and making it into Oops I Did It Again, because "that's how we actually envisioned it back then!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    It's my thought that any new remake, modernized film or series that we enjoyed from the 80's will just never be the same. The biggest reason for me is Alien and Aliens was scary as fk just because it was so dark and grimy looking. Your eyes were straining to see if the monsters were lurking someplace. Same with Star Wars. The newer ones are just too bright and shiny.

That being said, I'm a true fan of the Alien series. I enjoyed Prometheus mostly because I knew it was a prequel to Alien. It was an ok film on it's own, but could of been much better. I am however looking forward to this sequel, and it's a good sign that they are taking time and not just spitting them out one after another. When did they release that there would be no aliens in this one?
    Star Wars Episodes I-III were bright sure, but the newest film, Ep VII is the darkest yet methinks, seems they are conserving energy with keeping many lights out??

While the old movies were brighter, no shadows on his face

There will be xenomorphs, n face-huggers, but probably won't look exactly the same as before.
    http://movieweb.com/alien-covenant-f...ter-xenomorph/
    I think people assume that since it was the idea not to include them in the 1st film, they won't be in the three upcoming movies. I'm dissapointed that they changed the title of the movie, doing away with Prometheus n replaced it with Alien..

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit like Metallica taking something like One and making it into Oops I Did It Again, because "that's how we actually envisioned it back then!"
    Clearly you're not a Metallica fan or you would know that they did exactly this with The Unforgiven and The Unforgiven II, which would have been the perfect example to use. Shame on you and everyone you know or have ever met, including their pets and houseplants.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Personally, I think the reason for the drastic change for the Alien in Prometheus was because it's just a failed experiment from those Engineers that went nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I'm excited but expecting the worse.

Prometheus was a pile of shit that shouldn't of even touched on xenomorph history. It felt so phoned in. I'd prefer them just leave the xenomorphs unexplained at this point.
    It didn't feel phoned in to me so much as they just couldn't get a truly good script for it. It felt like something that had been rewritten numerous times(much like BvS) and eventually Scott just took what they had and tried to make a movie out of it.

I guess I'm one of the few who liked Prometheus. Not by any means an incredible movie, but above average for sure. Though, I'm kind of a sucker for the whole Ancient Astronaut theorem.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few who liked Prometheus. Not by any means an incredible movie, but above average for sure. Though, I'm kind of a sucker for the whole Ancient Astronaut theorem.
    I actually really enjoyed it too. Was good scifi which is kind of rare nowdays.

Lets face it its miles better then any of the horrible alien vs pred movies and alien ressurection.

10+ Year Old Account

It was mostly practical than CGI, and it was more organic than most monsters nowadays.

The monsters are based off Giger's psychosexual artwork done specifically for Alien/Prometheus.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2016-05-23 at 08:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Clearly you're not a Metallica fan or you would know that they did exactly this with The Unforgiven and The Unforgiven II, which would have been the perfect example to use. Shame on you and everyone you know or have ever met, including their pets and houseplants.
    I don't think you understood what I was saying but that's OK. Also, in your fervor, you forgot to mention The Unforgiven III.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I guess I'm one of the few who liked Prometheus.
    I didn't not like it.

I've just seen interviews of Scott during the filming of Prometheus and afterwards, and based on those interviews, I've come to the conclusion that he's a complete and utter stuck up douchebag, and his answers on why he'd even make Prometheus and why he'd make it the way he did, and what he thinks of the fans of the original Alien and so on, paint a clear picture about how he doesn't give two shits about his fans or fans of Alien, and he doesn't care, at all, about fucking up the lore of that already very strongly established world completely.

I can still appreciate that he still does decent work; the Martian was pretty good. However, he also makes complete and utter shit, apparently. Exodus: Gods and Kings, and The Counselor, anyone?

Anyways, for me personally, it's more about not really understanding why this guy has to shit on the franchise and it's fans the way he does. I mean, it's curious though, that he's still going to be a producer on the new "real" Alien by Neill Blomkamp as well. However, if he rewrites established lore into that movie as well... Who knows.

Also... Is he going to ruin Blade Runner, as well? I mean, he is doing a Blade Runner movie, right? Well, only producing, thankfully. I don't know, though. I fear they're going to ruin that masterpiece as well.

Let's hope the characters behave a bit more rational this time. That was my biggest complaint about the first movie.

"Oh, a weird space snake. I better try to touch it" said noone ever.
    The original crew wouldn't have survived in a park on earth and somehow they decided to sent them into space.