Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Dalaran over Karazhan?! What's going on?!

Why is Dalaran over Karazhan? Maybe they needed the ley-line power to move it, or maybe it's there for a pre-patch event? Has anyone heard anything? Anyone on beta have light to shed?

https://youtu.be/dprLkNr-NXQ
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-05-23 at 04:44 AM. Reason: spelling

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Broken Shore will be in prepatch and questline end in Dalaran. So it makes sense to relocate updated Dalaran outside Broken Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Broken Shore will be in prepatch and questline end in Dalaran. So it makes sense to relocate updated Dalaran outside Broken Isles.
    But moving from Northrend -> Deadwind Pass -> Broken Isles makes no sense.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    You have to consider that it's gone to Karazhan for some reason though. NPCs talk about how moving is strange and that they were ordered to close shop until the final destination, which is the Broken Shore. Khadgar says how being so close to Kara brings back memories, and Jaina is at the head of the Violet Citadel. We don't know why this is, but they've gone there for some reason.

It must be glorious to witness such a massive teleporation spell.

Also, there's a gnome that got stuck in the wall xD.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran lorewise is always in move, it was not in Northrend before Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    "All realities, all dimensions are open to me."

It'd be awesome if the writers pull off something extraordinary. Lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    You have to consider that it's gone to Karazhan for some reason though. NPCs talk about how moving is strange and that they were ordered to close shop until the final destination, which is the Broken Shore. Khadgar says how being so close to Kara brings back memories, and Jaina is at the head of the Violet Citadel. We don't know why this is, but they've gone there for some reason.

It must be glorious to witness such a massive teleporation spell.

Also, there's a gnome that got stuck in the wall xD.
    Oh I agree it has to go for a reason. It just makes no sense. It must be a bloody good reason for them to go.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Oh I agree it has to go for a reason. It just makes no sense. It must be a bloody good reason for them to go.
    I'm guessing this is the reason

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...a_no_spoilers/
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    They used the leylines for fast transportation, why they did it, no idea.
    Might be because we get to go the new dalaran in the pre-patch, and it would be strange to fly to the broken isles, but not being allowed to enter it.

All Leylines from Azeroth are connected in Karazhan. So yes, this makes sense, Dalaran is more or less "supercharging" against the legion. Also it might be that the Legion is attacking Karazhan too; Prince Malechazar already used the Power of Karazhan for himself, letting the Legion take over Karazhan means that they have the full power of the leylines and are able to corrupt Azeroth at whole.

But if they want to teleport the city at whole (it actually makes sense since flying over there is too dangerous) then they actually need the power there.

Theres going to be some quests to do with Karazhan. They intended for Kara to be part of WODS pre patch events. But seems they've moved it to legion. We have to find out stuff like "How did jaina get deposed" and "Howd they get the central tower bit" etc.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Likely a place holder. The zone Kara is in is one of the least populated and lowest lag zones in the game. Makes it one of the best storage places.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Dalaran lorewise is always in move, it was not in Northrend before Legion.
    It was still over Northrend at the end of MoP. But there is like a 4-5 year time jump between WoD and Legion, so there's time for it to move then.

Deleted
    Maybe Sargeras while possessing Medivh left something important there? That could be what the Legion is after and explains why the Kirin Tor / Khadgar is going there.

Quote Originally Posted by ildon View Post
    It was still over Northrend at the end of MoP. But there is like a 4-5 year time jump between WoD and Legion, so there's time for it to move then.
    At the end of MOP, lorewise it was moving and an alliance stronghold.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

15+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran over Kara has nothing to do with the expansion, its been talked about months ago that Khadgar uses Kara to get our characters out of Draenor and back in the current time of our world. Its how we get home from Draenor.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Quote Originally Posted by ildon View Post
    It was originally going to head to Orgrimmar, but lag prevented it.

It was over the ocean during 5.1
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

As Velerios said, most likely it's over there because all ley lines connect under Karazhan, so it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary for Dalaran to be 'charging' its magic to use against the Legion. I can probably see it like this: Broken Shore happens, we limp back, Khadgar sends out a call for everyone to come to Karazhan, we all take a ride to the Broken Isles in Dalaran. Jaina leaving would probably go with Khadgar sending out the call.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Likely a place holder. The zone Kara is in is one of the least populated and lowest lag zones in the game. Makes it one of the best storage places.
    except for the unique dialogues