10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    But then why would I buy the first game and not just wait for the last?

To me this trilogy thing just sounds way to much like just another milking for money. Just like all the DLC for Rome 2 to milk more and more money instead of including everything in the base game which is already top dollar.
    To play it now?

I never understand comments like this... Stuff like "oh I'll just wait and get it for $10 in a steam sale in two years..."

We only have so many years to live... I don't get why people are so comfortable waiting literal years for things they could otherwise enjoy today... All to save literally like $30.

EDIT:
    And I am not saying include all of the stuff in each subsequent release, I am saying support it from earlier releases if you own them.

IE: I launch the game and it reads my steam account and sees that I own the first game and a couple DLC for it... So the original factions and those DLC factions are playable in the second game for me. Likewise for the third game.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2016-05-21 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Total Warhammer sounds like the name given by someone who just suffered a brain aneurysm. Or an advertising executive trying to sound hip and cool with the kids.
    You might be in the minority here though. And out there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    To play it now?

I never understand comments like this... Stuff like "oh I'll just wait and get it for $10 in a steam sale in two years..."

We only have so many years to live... I don't get why people are so comfortable waiting literal years for things they could otherwise enjoy today... All to save literally like $30.

EDIT:
    And I am not saying include all of the stuff in each subsequent release, I am saying support it from earlier releases if you own them.

IE: I launch the game and it reads my steam account and sees that I own the first game and a couple DLC for it... So the original factions and those DLC factions are playable in the second game for me. Likewise for the third game.
    I'm of the opposite mindset. I can't understand why people shell out twice as much money they need to to get an incomplete game. You act as if there aren't any other games to play in the interim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    I'm of the opposite mindset. I can't understand why people shell out twice as much money they need to to get an incomplete game. You act as if there aren't any other games to play in the interim.
    Because they want to play that game? You act as though all games are the same and playing one is no different than others?

And shell out twice as much money? You make it sound like we are talking about large sums here... We are talking about literally TENS of dollars. OVER YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I think even CA likes the sound of Total Warhammer, but they can't do it due to licensing/trademark stuff - has to have the separate Total War and Warhammer names or the respective legal types get their knickers in a twist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    I think even CA likes the sound of Total Warhammer, but they can't do it due to licensing/trademark stuff - has to have the separate Total War and Warhammer names or the respective legal types get their knickers in a twist.
    I doubt CA would like it... Total War is their brand, their franchise... Why would they want to change the name of their franchise to incorporate the name of someone else's franchise?

10+ Year Old Account
    To play it now?

EDIT:

I have a hundred games still to play why on earth would I play full price. Granted in this one instance I did, but I find the buying day one mentality weird and outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Well... that's not always a bad thing.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt CA would like it... Total War is their brand, their franchise... Why would they want to change the name of their franchise to incorporate the name of someone else's franchise?
    It both has both of their titles in the name. Total War is just altered by adding hammer at the end. The name could have been perfect. But fn Total War: Warhammer is just repetitive and ugly. It is not smooth when you say it. Total Warhammer. Say it out loud guys, sounds nice huh? Now try Total War: Warhammer. Not as good huh? Now try them both 5 times fast. You know which one it should have been.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    It both has both of their titles in the name. Total War is just altered by adding hammer at the end. The name could have been perfect. But fn Total War: Warhammer is just repetitive and ugly. It is not smooth when you say it. Total Warhammer. Say it out loud guys, sounds nice huh? Now try Total War: Warhammer. Not as good huh? Now try them both 5 times fast. You know which one it should have been.
    Yeah, Total War: (pause) Warhammer.

Total Warhammer sounds absolutely horrible, wth.
    Not only that, but the Total War: part is very important to make it clear that it's a Total-War game.

Do you prefer Dawn of Warhammer over Warhammer - Dawn of War too?
    It's like a really desperate attempt to make a linguistic joke...lol.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-21 at 11:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Yeah, Total War: (pause) Warhammer.

Total Warhammer sounds absolutely horrible, wth.
    Sounds like a crappy cell phone game.

Deleted
    Total War: Hammer is obviously how it should have been done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny9_RhRcL1w

Note to self: Do not engage giants, run the other way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Total War: Hammer is obviously how it should have been done.
    "it's hammer time"

Warhammer: Total War sounds the best to me.

The wait is killing me, been watching Cohhcarnage stream coop with bikeman and it looks like tons of fun and it runs great.

Warhammer: Total War sounds the best to me.
    This. I have no idea why they started calling the games Total War: "Title", instead of "Title": Total War. The latter sounded so much better.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    This. I have no idea why they started calling the games Total War: "Title", instead of "Title": Total War. The latter sounded so much better.
    Yeah, that didn't make a lot of sense to me either.

But Helden is clearly right. Total War: Hammer would, in the most ideal of worlds, be the title we were given.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Industry standards... They just didn't get with the times until now. But it 100% the norm to do Series Name: Title Name since it is the series name that is selling it.

Pretty sure human brains can figure out that Rome: Total War and Rome II: Total War are part of the same series without the titles needing to adhere 100% to the industry standards. Though it sure is more convenient to have all these games start with "Total War" when it comes to organizing my games library.