Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg747 View Post
    Pretty much. Ive also seen TVIQ counter that comp. with Pharah and Seagull with Genji(aided by a mercy ofc). Those are more map dependent though.

Edit: Don't take this to say that the comp. isn't the best comp for Control. It is, but it's not unbeatable.
    I have seen C9 counter it on one point with bastion in a tournament, which ended in C9 switching off of it the instant they lost the point once, they ended up winning that point but were on double tracer double lucio double winston again at the end. The thing is not that it's unbeatable, but it is used in an overwhelming amount of games and a game made up of three heroes is really really tedious to watch and also doesn't make for very interesting gameplay if you ask me. Also i said its problematic not that its unbeatable.

Do you have a source for the games you mentioned? would be interested in watching those.

As ive said before regarding this topic, simply put, doing that would make Overwatch no better than league and it defeats the point of the fun.

No, Overwatch is meant to be played with 6 champions being derpy, or 6 different champions taking it seriously.

Ill admit, maybe in ranked they could add some kind of limiter, but id still say it would be bad to force people to choose specific chars.

Deleted
    the only double up you probably need in the game if pushing for high ranked is double mccree.. rest of the time its for luls

Quote Originally Posted by b4dcrc View Post
    I have seen C9 counter it on one point with bastion in a tournament, which ended in C9 switching off of it the instant they lost the point once, they ended up winning that point but were on double tracer double lucio double winston again at the end. The thing is not that it's unbeatable, but it is used in an overwhelming amount of games and a game made up of three heroes is really really tedious to watch and also doesn't make for very interesting gameplay if you ask me. Also i said its problematic not that its unbeatable.

Do you have a source for the games you mentioned? would be interested in watching those.
    There's so many of those vids on youtube and since I have to work today I won't have time to search them all lol. Your overall point is correct in that the comp. is too strong on Control, I was just saying it isn't completely unbeatable.

But 6 of the same hero is fun sometimes lol

Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    and what if i want to play that hero and someone pick it first?
    Tough shit? It's a team game, you can't always play what you want if you like winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    double winston double tracer double lucio from reunited, pretty much winning every game on KotH maps. they lost to c9 who mirrorplayed the same comp but no one else afaik.

So AGAIN in competitive double stacks proved to be actually problematic as well as extremely tedious to watch and it's not a l2p issue, it's just the synergy of certain comps for certain mapmodes
    Yet mirror match is ALSO a counter, is it not? Tracer can counter another tracer; that doesn't make it a non-counter which is what the other people were trying to argue.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    Yet mirror match is ALSO a counter, is it not? Tracer can counter another tracer; that doesn't make it a non-counter which is what the other people were trying to argue.
    They argued that it got countered by bastion and genji actually.

As to the mirrorplay, if it gets countered by nothing else but itself (which is the case in about 90% of the KotH maps which the others agreed on with me) then no, that does not really count because there is an inherent problem with it or do you want to watch tournaments and when you see it's KotH you say oh they will both use the same three heroes again like every time. In this case because of the synergy they are actually "forced" to play a comp so that the total number of heroes for that match is 3 out of 21 and that is only due to stacking doubles on both teams. It is simply not good gameplay and it is reaaaally horrid to watch from a spectator point of view.

I don't feel that stacking should ever really be advantageous, not saying it nessecarily even is atm, but just in general it should be discouraged in ranked especially.

I say no because Honestly the sheer hilarity that ensues seeing 6 team comps win is fiunny.

Ranked will obs need more attention but For just jump-in-and-play let 6 team stacking go ham

7+ Year Old Account
    this combo-ed with a pick/ban phase i think could work really well in overwatch ranked mode of some type.
    Gamer at Heart, Always willing to level up my game-play experience. Desire for gaining advantage in video games tier lists, are those that provide me a guide. not just a direction, but a path i can set for myself to grow.

Deleted
    Called it Gosu tournaments now enforce 1 of each hero max per team rule. ESL is sure to follow sooner or later. i'm curious if blizzard will take any notes from this for upcoming seasons in competitive (because it's pretty sure they won't enforce this in the first season) but the functionality is already there in custom games so it would literally only need the flick of a switch to have the same rule in competitive. RIP shitty cheese comps for serious competition at least :>

RIP shitty cheese comps for serious competition at least :>
    Serious competition where only 2 Maps are played 90% of the time and the comps are always the same. KeK

1 Hero Limit is bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely necessary, even in unranked. I had a match two nights ago where the enemy team lined up 6 Junkrats. We couldn't get anywhere near the capture point through the hail of grenades and exploding wheels.
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafting View Post
    It's definitely necessary, even in unranked. I had a match two nights ago where the enemy team lined up 6 Junkrats. We couldn't get anywhere near the capture point through the hail of grenades and exploding wheels.
    Any sniper, pharah, reinhardt could easily defeat those 6 junkrats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Serious competition where only 2 Maps are played 90% of the time and the comps are always the same. KeK

1 Hero Limit is bad.
    the games are pretty much best out of 5 and some best out of 8 so most maps get played, as for the unbalance in map preference general there is a reason for that. some maps are just shit in terms of competitive gaming, i'm looking at you hanamura and volskaya.

comps being the same is just plain wrong, the standard lineup is similar in most games but unusual heroes get switched to depending on the situation and strat (see reunited playing d.va on numbani in the finals for example). And still at least now you have at least 6 different heroes during a koth game unlike the 3 we had before with the double winston double lucio double tracer games but judging by your attitude and the "KeK" i guess you're not one easily convinced by facts or reason so take from that whatever you want. I had this discussion already months ago when this first came up and turns out the competitive scene as well as tournament organizers share my sentiment so i'm happy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    One minor weekly tournament is not "the competitive scene".
    I was just about the type the same thing.
    I am glad we agree on something .. finally .

Except Torbjorn. You can never have enough Torbjorn's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    One minor weekly tournament is not "the competitive scene".
    At the moment gosu and esl literally ARE the competitive scene though since there is nothing else apart from a couple of lans that usually feature pretty much the same players in the top teams anyway, but i'm willing to learn so in your opinion what is the competitive scene? and don't say there isn't one because that would be as solid an argument as saying evolution is not real

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a team with four Widowmakers on Defense

I was on Pharah, we also had a Roadhog. I was like "oh wtf" and went "screw it" and stayed Pharah.

Somehow we won O.o
    Putin khuliyo