Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    The only reason I think Pittsburgh could give them fits is because they play a more up tempo game, probably more so than Nashville did and we took them to 7. Pittsburgh has better scorers than we did too.
    Not to be that guy.. But if Pens keep playing like they have against Tampa. We will destroy them. 40+ shots against their 2nd goalie and can barely win.. That is not a good sign. I see Jones as top 2 in the playoff. Only Bishop ahead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Muahahahahahahahahahahaha Moscow is silent. Finland vs Russia, 3-1. Final here we come!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

looks like it will be a finland vs canada rematch

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll bet the Leafy fans are just having full body orgasms after Marner's performance last night

https://streamable.com/ljc2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Nope, not injured. Just not good enough for the WC team yet. Puljujärvi is in the same category with the potential as Matthews and Laine, but if you look at the player skill level right now, far from them.
    Puljujärvi was also injured by the way, and had surgery to his leg. He played injured in the Kärpät - Tappara playoffs, and injured during the U18 games. Injury was worse than they at first thought and required surgery. However, your assessment is spot on nevertheless. Pulju is a little bit behind, but his potential is staggering. Columbus will be happy to draft him as third.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I'll bet the Leafy fans are just having full body orgasms after Marner's performance last night

https://streamable.com/ljc2
    Right now I feel we have the top AHL talent, the top OHL talent. Along with getting the top pick and Zaitsev this off season it should make for a great time in 2 to 3 years if Rogers and Bell don't get greedy and try to control management.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Not to be that guy.. But if Pens keep playing like they have against Tampa. We will destroy them. 40+ shots against their 2nd goalie and can barely win.. That is not a good sign. I see Jones as top 2 in the playoff. Only Bishop ahead.
    I think you jinxed your goalie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Right now I feel we have the top AHL talent, the top OHL talent. Along with getting the top pick and Zaitsev this off season it should make for a great time in 2 to 3 years if Rogers and Bell don't get greedy and try to control management.
    I have faith in Bell. But from what has happened to the Jays. I don't have that same faith with Rogers. It's too much about the bottom line with them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Just need to shore up the blue line a bit as well as some depth on the wings and you'll be set. Another high draft pick next year should net you something promising defensivly depending on how the draft turns out next year. I think the #1 projected prospect for the 2017 draft is another forward but so much can change in a year. Having Matthews/Nylander/Kadri as your 3 centers is going to be the most important thing. You need good centers and you need good defense to be competitive. If Auston Matthews turns out anywhere near the player he's projected to be you'll have that #1 center than every team craves. Nylander is trending upwards with great potential. I actually really like that Bracco kid and was hoping we would snag him last year in the 2nd round, he could turn out to be a great winger in 2-3 years time.

It's gonna be another young team next year and I don't expect much in terms of progressing in the standings for you guys but that's fine. There's a gaping hole in net with nothing crazy in the pipeline but I feel like finding a goalie is something you can fix with money whereas the things that are really important you already have. There's some strong pieces in place already (Kadri, Reilly, Gardiner) it's just a matter of fine tuning the rebuild and letting the draft do the rest. It's important not to overrated your prospects and expect the team in 5 years to just be top to bottom your best prospects, that's just unrealistic. The sure things right now are going to be Matthews, Marner, and Nylander. Everyone else has to do the hardest thing and that's translating their game to the NHL. The future is bright but it's not going to be for at least 2 more seasons when you will start to see it come to fruition. Those 3 guys plus the 3 I mentioned early ontop of your 2017 draft pick and whatever free agent / trade wizardry Lou pulls off will determine how quick the rebuild lasts. Everyone else should be considered as bonus if they actually do pan out.

- - - Updated - - -

well that gold medal game wasnt even close despite the 1 hoal win. Felt like Canada carried the play the entire game outside of a powerplay for the Finns in the 2nd

Canada really dominated that game, always took the puck away from Finland before they could get any serious attack going. Also pretty cool that Putin came out to give the trophy to Perry, and of course some players took that one in a lifetime opportunity to go shake his hand, haha

https://streamable.com/rk25
    streamable for reference

Putin's surprise appearance was definitely amusing lol. Canada did exactly what they needed to do and Finland had no answer for it. Shut down Laine and the game was over. What I don't understand is why the Finnish coach let it keep happening with last change and all. Someone needs to remind him that it was a gold medal game.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Putin's surprise appearance was definitely amusing lol. Canada did exactly what they needed to do and Finland had no answer for it. Shut down Laine and the game was over. What I don't understand is why the Finnish coach let it keep happening with last change and all. Someone needs to remind him that it was a gold medal game.
    Future teammate Mark Schiefele shut him down hard but to be honest he'd get shut down by any of our 2 lines. Go power on power? Good luck, McDavid and co just dominate play in your own zone. Want to try out the other line? Get suffocated by Schiefele and his line. Our D was weak but we played a shutdown team D game and it worked out perfectly. Laine didn't do anything and had no room to do shit.

(off topic but what the fuck was this this morning?!?!! https://gyazo.com/0be8707bbf5448acf916c180c9f219e7)

lol it's May Long Weekend in Calgary, that's what it is!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    In G5 Pitt is being dominated in their own end. Lots of hooking and holding yet nothing is being called. Great rush by Pitt delivers a goal at the end of the 1st, but the Bolts definitely should have been on the PP.

I gotta say the officials are always about not influences the game, but by attempting not to them influence the outcome all the time. You need to make a choice, call everything, or nothing. Otherwise the game inherently gets lopsided and the players have no clue which rulebook is being used.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tampa one win away from a return to the cup finals now! I thought after game 3 they were down and out but 2 gutsy performances in a row has them in the drivers seat. What a good series and matchup, too bad Stamkos is out because Crosby vs Stammer would be wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    In G5 Pitt is being dominated in their own end. Lots of hooking and holding yet nothing is being called. Great rush by Pitt delivers a goal at the end of the 1st, but the Bolts definitely should have been on the PP.

I gotta say the officials are always about not influences the game, but by attempting not to them influence the outcome all the time. You need to make a choice, call everything, or nothing. Otherwise the game inherently gets lopsided and the players have no clue which rulebook is being used.
    That officiating was horrible for both teams. Tampa should have had a full 5 on 3 with that high stick/trip but they got away with some calls too. The worst part is letting trips and hooks go that affect the play but then calling minor stuff away from the puck. It also seems like they've done away with the embellishment call this year, in the playoffs at least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    That officiating was horrible for both teams. Tampa should have had a full 5 on 3 with that high stick/trip but they got away with some calls too. The worst part is letting trips and hooks go that affect the play but then calling minor stuff away from the puck. It also seems like they've done away with the embellishment call this year, in the playoffs at least.
    Every year it's the same, the closer we are to the Stanley cup the worst the officiating is. It's pretty sad.

I'm really interested in knowing witch goalie Pittsburgh is going to chose. It's going to be a super rough choice.
    Last edited by Kalador; 2016-05-23 at 07:11 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    Welcome to every other sport these days. Umpires are bad in baseball quite a bit these days, the refs in basketball have blatant favouritism (see all the non foul calls in the Raptors/Cavs game 3 that were blatantly ignored in favor of Cleveland).

At least generally in the playoffs you don't see a ton of lopsided stuff, they just don't call anything unless it's something fairly major.

I don't like it, think it leads to more injuries but it isn't anything new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    At least generally in the playoffs you don't see a ton of lopsided stuff, they just don't call anything unless it's something fairly major.

I don't like it, think it leads to more injuries but it isn't anything new.
    I kind of like when they pocket the whistle more than usual. Keeps the pace up. However it is like you said, more people do seem to end up injured and the Finals usually end up with at least a key player not at 100%. Then again, after so many games a lot of players aren't at 100%.