Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Elune confirmed as creator of Naaru, existing before the ordering of the Universe.
    Confirmed existing DURING the ordering of the universe. And creating the Naaru while the ordering of the Universe took place. Yes, it could mean Elune existed prior to the Ordering, but it is not confirmed by this. Read the words carefully.

The major outlining unconfirmed portions are Elune and the Void Lords, when were they created, do they have creators, did one create the other, do they both exist outside reality with the minor possibility of being able to exist in reality under very specific circumstance etc.

The ordering is most likely a rip on the big bang and we know that a shit load happened in that very small amount of time so Elune could have been created in that moment and created the Naaru in that moment as well.

Someone should bother these guys on the official lore forums or twitter and see if we can get some info on Elune as Chronicle doesn't give Elune much play and there isn't a ton of info on Elune to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I don't like the direction they're going with Elune. She went from the Night Elf religious diety to supreme cosmic being of the universe? Kinda shits on the religious dieties of all the other races. What's the Earth Mother? A lump of dirt with sticks formed into a smiley face?

All sounds like a Night Elf fan-fic to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Never played or cared about any other Blizzard titles aside from WoW and Hearthstone, so the story sounds fresh enough for me. Idk what Kerrigan is tbh.
    Kerrigan is exactly like Illidan now. Was good in the beginning evil later, and now the universes mighty savior to stop Evil. http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Sarah_Kerrigan

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Kerrigan is exactly like Illidan now. Was good in the beginning evil later, and now the universes mighty savior to stop Evil. http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Sarah_Kerrigan
    Except Illidan was never fully evil like Sarah Kerrigan and his early adulthood was also nothing like hers. He has always been a tortured soul looking to find his place in the universe, always misunderstood. Even he himself generally doesn't understand why he is driven to make the choices he does. He loves power but then he doesn't know what to do after he gets it. Kerrigan commanded armies; Illidan was terrible as the "Lord of Outland" -- he passed everything off to his blood elf Illidari Council while he schemed to strike at the demons. Consequently, everything fell around him in ruin.
    Xe'ra is telling the playing character that Illidan is destined to end the age of demons which as I have said, shouldn't make any fan upset.
    As for the vision that Xe'ra gave Illidan in the book, we shall see, won't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    He has always been a tortured soul looking to find his place in the universe, always misunderstood. Even he himself generally doesn't understand why he is driven to make the choices he does. He loves power but then he doesn't know what to do after he gets it.
    I have no idea how anyone could possibly understand him when Illidan himself doesn't even know why he wants something.

This sounds more like dealing with a Child, which wants something so badly yet can't even explain what he wants to do once he has it.

Deleted
    what i dont like is how incompetent the legion seems in WoW, in the novel Illidan speaks of all the alien worlds and millions of planets that have fallen to the legion, and how unstoppable they are and such, they say Sargeras has the power to cleave worlds in two, why doesn't he just do that to Azeroth? or do what they did to Draenor and Illidan did to Nathreza, open a portal and implode it and destroy Azeroth.
    in lore blizzard have made the legion too strong, and theres no way they can live up to that in game really. as for the army of the light fighting on Argus, i understand the legion needs a base of operations for planning and stuff, and Kil'jaeden is their best strategist, but there is no reason his base should be on Argus, the one planet in the entire universe he can actually die on, adn the one place everyone would expect him to be.

why doesn't he just do that to Azeroth?
    Easy answer: Because the warcraft universe (physically) is enormous or near-infinite in size, and its simply too far / would take too long for Sargeras to physically travel to Azeroth from whereever he currently is.

With regard to 'just use a portal' - iirc hes simply too powerful to use them / they arent strong enough to contain him or something along those lines?
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2016-05-23 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Except Illidan was never fully evil like Sarah Kerrigan and his early adulthood was also nothing like hers. He has always been a tortured soul looking to find his place in the universe, always misunderstood. Even he himself generally doesn't understand why he is driven to make the choices he does. He loves power but then he doesn't know what to do after he gets it. Kerrigan commanded armies; Illidan was terrible as the "Lord of Outland" -- he passed everything off to his blood elf Illidari Council while he schemed to strike at the demons. Consequently, everything fell around him in ruin.
    Xe'ra is telling the playing character that Illidan is destined to end the age of demons which as I have said, shouldn't make any fan upset.
    As for the vision that Xe'ra gave Illidan in the book, we shall see, won't we?
    Illidan has also made all his own choices. Kerrigan was captured against her will and transformed into the Queen of Blades. Sure, she said afterwards she liked what she became, but had she not been altered in the first place she wouldn't have wanted that. She was made into something else than she was before, and whether you like the story or not SC 2 makes it pretty clear the 'queen of blades' was more or less a separate entity. Once she's (mostly) cleansed, she doesn't return to the same levels of backstabbing super evil she was in Brood War. I think really her story more mirrors Sylvannas than Illidan really, in terms of their origins. Though it does seem they'll have similar destinies, if things play out according to the prophecy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Easy answer: Because the warcraft universe (physically) is enormous or near-infinite in size, and its simply too far / would take too long for Sargeras to physically travel to Azeroth from whereever he currently is.

With regard to 'just use a portal' - iirc hes simply too powerful to use them / they arent strong enough to contain him or something along those lines?
    In the War of the Ancients trilogy summoning Sargeras was going to take a massive amount of effort, and in WC 3 summoning Archimonde took a lot too. Basically the more powerful something is, the more difficult it is to summon them it seems, even if they WANT to come.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    At least in the game, for this point, it makes sense.

Because we fine Light's Heart, and Velen is all "zomg this holds so much wisdom, but needs an ancestor of Xe'ra to open!" and then Xe'ra is killed by Rakeesh (Velen's son) in the scenario, and Velen becomes all emo, and all seems lost. So Khadgar apparently finds something that leads him to claim Elune created Xe'ra and we use the Tear of Elune to open it and learn the information.

I'm with you, I really just want to know wtf Elune is at this point, but at least for this specific event, it makes sense the way in which it plays out.
    O'ros is killed, not Xe'ra

...yes thank you lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    At least in the game, for this point, it makes sense.

Because we fine Light's Heart, and Velen is all "zomg this holds so much wisdom, but needs an ancestor of Xe'ra to open!" and then Xe'ra is killed by Rakeesh (Velen's son) in the scenario, and Velen becomes all emo, and all seems lost. So Khadgar apparently finds something that leads him to claim Elune created Xe'ra and we use the Tear of Elune to open it and learn the information.

I'm with you, I really just want to know wtf Elune is at this point, but at least for this specific event, it makes sense the way in which it plays out.
    We don't find "Light's Heart", we receive Xe'ra's Core that was sent by Turalyon from Argus through the Portal in the Tomb Of Sargeras.
    We don't need Xe'ra's ancestor (because Xe'ra is one of the Elder Naaru) to communicate with it, we need a compatible receiver for the core to make the communication possible.
    Xe'ra is not killed by Rakeesh, it's O'ros, the Naaru that was guiding the Exodar to Azeroth. Xo'ros wasn't killed, it was weakened and turned to a Void Bomb by Rakeesh.
    Velen doesn't turn "emo" and he's not lost. Velen is an oracle, an oracle doesn't interact in life, he tells the vision and tries to find a meaning. The reason he changed is mind is the following : he foresaw the death of his son long before he came to Azeroth, but he never knew if it had already happen because his son was taken by Kil'Jaeden after he fleed from Argus. So he had to make his veil while he was saving his people.

And while we are fighting Rakeesh, he realises that this vision was happening and he could change his son's fate.
    He realised that being an oracle was bullshit and that if he acted sooner, things would be completely different and a lot of life could have been saved.
    He realised that when the Army of the Light led by Naaru came to him on Draenor he should have join their fight.
    That's why from this event, he decides to fight back and go to Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Velen doesn't turn "emo" and he's not lost. Velen is an oracle, an oracle doesn't interact in life, he tells the vision and tries to find a meaning. The reason he changed is mind is the following : he foresaw the death of his son long before he came to Azeroth, but he never knew if it had already happen because his son was taken by Kil'Jaeden after he fleed from Argus. So he had to make his veil while he was saving his people.

And while we are fighting Rakeesh, he realises that this vision was happening and he could change his son's fate.
    He realised that being an oracle was bullshit and that if he acted sooner, things would be completely different and a lot of life could have been saved.
    He realised that when the Army of the Light led by Naaru came to him on Draenor he should have join their fight.
    Either there are some additional information in regards to that campaign that I'm not aware of, or we are having some really different takes in that scene. In my opinion, it seemed that Velen was lost in grief and anger (or "emo", using the layman's term) when he realized that (1) KJ turned his son into a demon and sent said son after him and (2) We killed that son even when he begged us to stop and (3) The Naarus didn't let him know and didn't care or was helpless in that matter as well. A rational prophet isn't going to claim "I'm neither prophet, nor pawn any longer". Seeing he had never been a pawn of the Legion, one would wonder whose pawn was Velen supposed to be in that speech - the Light / Naaru, maybe? Or something general as destiny?

Anyway, I doubt going to Argus by himself and his people is going to attribute much to our advantage in this war with the Legion, the Army of Light isn't on Argus - Velen should know that as well. I think he is either planning to do a suicide run to damage KJ as much as he can, or give himself to KJ to join the Legion - either are possible until we get more information.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-05-23 at 10:48 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Either there are some additional information in regards to that campaign that I'm not aware of, or we are having some really different takes in that scene. In my opinion, it seemed that Velen was lost in grief and anger (or "emo", using the layman's term) when he realized that (1) KJ turned his son into a demon and sent said son after him and (2) We killed that son even when he begged us to stop and (3) The Naarus didn't let him know and didn't care or was helpless in that matter as well. A rational prophet isn't going to claim "I'm neither prophet, nor pawn any longer". Seeing he had never been a pawn of the Legion, one would wonder whose pawn was Velen supposed to be in that speech - the Light / Naaru, maybe? Or something general as destiny?

Anyway, I doubt going to Argus by himself and his people is going to attribute much to our advantage in this war with the Legion, the Army of Light isn't on Argus - Velen should know that as well. I think he is either planning to do a suicide run to damage KJ as much as he can, or give himself to KJ to join the Legion - either are possible until we get more information.
    Except Xe'ra explicitly says the Army of Light is on Argus. It's entirely possible he knows that from a vision.

I guess we can finally put to rest this "ELUNE = AZEROTH / NAARU" nonsense.

Also, I'm just going to be the one to say it. Let's not pretend WoW has ever had a terribly amazing story. It's always been a very basic story. Illidan being the "chosen one", this comparison to Kerrigan, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Let's just enjoy it for what it is.
    Last edited by TyrannicalPuppy; 2016-05-23 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Except Xe'ra explicitly says the Army of Light is on Argus. It's entirely possible he knows that from a vision.
    Oh he did. I stand corrected, then, completely forgot that part from the vid.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    We don't find "Light's Heart", we receive Xe'ra's Core that was sent by Turalyon from Argus through the Portal in the Tomb Of Sargeras.
    We don't need Xe'ra's ancestor (because Xe'ra is one of the Elder Naaru) to communicate with it, we need a compatible receiver for the core to make the communication possible.
    Xe'ra is not killed by Rakeesh, it's O'ros, the Naaru that was guiding the Exodar to Azeroth. Xo'ros wasn't killed, it was weakened and turned to a Void Bomb by Rakeesh.

Holy shit the number of people who felt the need to correct I said "Xe'ra" instead of "O'ros" is off the charts. Can't post anything when drunk nowadays.

Velen certainly does become emo and certainly does seem lost. He flatout says he's not a prophet in that moment. He breaks when his son dies.

And yes, we do find Light's Heart because it crashes in Suramar and is stolen by a Sea Giant you need to kill for it.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-05-24 at 12:37 AM.

Either there are some additional information in regards to that campaign that I'm not aware of, or we are having some really different takes in that scene. In my opinion, it seemed that Velen was lost in grief and anger (or "emo", using the layman's term) when he realized that (1) KJ turned his son into a demon and sent said son after him
    I don't think Velen lost his faith because of that, he lost his son something like 15.000 years ago (or more) when Sargeras came to Argus and Naarus urge Velen to flee with his fidels. Kil'Jaeden harassed him and his people from this day, slaughtered them on Draenor. Velen is not the father of ONE but many and he grieved many times.
    (2) We killed that son even when he begged us to stop
    He begged us to stop because he understood that whatever his vision were showing, he always had a choice to act and interfer. His visions shown one possibility but he wanted to try another.
    The Naarus didn't let him know and didn't care or was helpless in that matter as well. Seeing he had never been a pawn of the Legion, one would wonder whose pawn was Velen supposed to be in that speech - the Light / Naaru, maybe? Or something general as destiny?
    Sadly that situation was irreversible and that's the irony behind that scene.
    Every vision he had was a message sent by the Naaru in order to set the pawns in their right places on the game's desk.
    But Kil'Jaeden plays chess too and this time the pawn couldn't be saved, Velen saw that too late.
    Since the Naaru sent him visions of the future, isn't it weird that they knew that his son would die? How can they see future events occuring in the Great Dark Beyond?
    Is the timeline already written and do they belong to it or are they beyond that?
    Knowing that his son would die, did they already knew that Velen would attack Argus on his own?
    Maybe that's a clever sacrifice the Naaru chose to make, sometimes you have to lose a pawn to let a bigger one enter the action.
    Anyway, I doubt going to Argus by himself and his people is going to attribute much to our advantage in this war with the Legion, the Army of Light isn't on Argus - Velen should know that as well.
    The Army of Light is already on Argus, Xe'ra was leading it with Turalyon. That's Turalyon who sent the Prime Naaru's core on Azeroth through the portal on Argus.
    The portal is not a classic one, the big green Ray coming from the ground and hitting the sky creating a felstorm, that's the portal created by Sargeras Keystone, the artifact the Demon Hunters stole on Mardum. Gul'dan got it back after he took Illidan's body. That portal creates a rift between Argus and Azeroth, that's how Legion's spaceships, Felbat and the Prime Naaru's core reached our world.
    And in the following quest, Xe'ra says to the player that the Army of the Light is losing ground on Argus and that we must find Illidan because he's the one that could change the balance in our favor.
    I think he is either planning to do a suicide run to damage KJ as much as he can, or give himself to KJ to join the Legion - either are possible until we get more information.
    The first thought that came to me when I saw the video was that Velen wanted to go kamikaze on Argus but it seemed way too much simple and bad written.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is left to oppose Sargeras now really when the pantheon is gone. The Army of Light can't stand against Sargeras himself so what can actually stop him.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    What exactly is left to oppose Sargeras now really when the pantheon is gone. The Army of Light can't stand against Sargeras himself so what can actually stop him.
    The Pantheon, Naaru, Elune, Azeroth. We still have plenty of powerful characters to back us up.

The Pantheon,
    The pantheon is gone. Only a small remnant of Aman'thul remains which most likely resides inside Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by zahK View Post
    The pantheon is gone. Only a small remnant of Aman'thul remains which most likely resides inside Wrathion
    Sargeras is just a soul in the Twisting Nether, he will be bound to Illidan's body by Gul'Dan in the Nighthold and will take over the character, pushing Illidan's soul in the background, exactly the opposite of Demon Hunters that are fighting their respective demons to use their power.
    Sargeras will use Illidan's appearance and Arcanic powers to trick us in order to get his Avatar back (and to summon himself in it).
    As long he is in Illidan he risk to be controlled or be killed by Illidan himself if he's going suicidal.

Sargeras doesn't impress me.
    Last edited by WolfRider; 2016-05-26 at 12:04 AM.