Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    She also hasn't threatened to round up and label people like Trump wants to do with Muslims and blaming the problems of this country on illegals just like Hitler did with the Jews, Gypsies and whatnot.
    Are you sure you know what the phrase "just like" means? Again, to the best of my recollection, Hitler didn't issue public proclamations that he loved Jews.

Clinton does blame other outgroups for the ills of the country though, it's just that they tend to be amorphous groups and nonsensical social structures, like those evil racists that constructed the school to prison pipeline.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am still baffled that people think Trump is gonna be president.

10+ Year Old Account

Sound at all familiar?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Poland is still democracy, AFAIK, while Turkey never was.
    Turkey is a democracy. Erdogan won the presidential elections in 2014. They had 2 parliamentary elections in 2015, since the first one resulted in a hung parliament.

Deleted
    Poland is still democracy, AFAIK, while Turkey never was.
    The ruling party in poland, the PIS just recently made a law to take power away from the national court. Before that, they replaced all national television journalists with party-loyals. And therefore removed neutral journalism.

Turkey was a democracy in the last 10 years, the HDP, a kurd party, got 20 % last vote. Just a week ago, the AKP controlled parliament voted to remove immunity from most of the opposition politicans in parliament to allow Erdogan to get them with questionable terrorist impeachments.

Hungarian political system was problem from day 1. Regardless, comparing either of them to Nazis seems to be quite a bit of a stretch.
    No, hungary had a real democracy, before orban took over control over media and judicative with the fidesz-party. Hungary already is a dictatorship.

Trump is bad enough as he is, no need to make stuff up to make him look that way.
    I dont make up anything. Europe is currently losing democracies. Take care you dont support those who want to take away your freedom of choice.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-05-22 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    As if that's going to happen. It won't happen even if she wins. Your fears are baseless.
    Things change. Vote for Trump, the US loses. Vote for Hillary, you get 4 more years of Obama and the US loses.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, Hitler did not issue public proclamations that he "loves the Jews" as Trump has with Mexicans. Trump is, of course, ridiculous, but the idea that he's a hate-filled monster is also absurd on its face.
    No he didn't. Because there was no need to, there was some hatred towards jews at the time. Hitler simply exploited that into his favor, the same way Trump is exploiting hatred towards illegal mexican inmigrants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    Hasn't the notion that there were real gas chambers used in the 'death camps' been debunked already?
    As far as I'm aware there's no hard evidence that supports gas chambers were actually used.

Not the best example imo.
    Such extraordinary claim needs extraordinay sources, so if you provided your claim would have more validity.

I'd honestly be more concerned with how much of his time in office will be spent running his company with the added bonus of being a part of the law making process whilst he does it.

All his talk about foreigners and Muslims and whatnot is just him trying to look hard.

Trump's rhetoric is scary and his plans to build a wall is both atrociously expensive and will likely prove to be ineffective.

The man clearly has several narcissistic traits and much of what he says is either idiotic or nonsense, I seriously wonder about the overall level of cognitive functioning regarding his supporters.

10+ Year Old Account

Is "Your Hitler, Your racist, and your Sexist" The only cards the left have?

You are losing now and the debates haven't even started... Guilt has a diminishing return and I think you are out of pity.

Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    No he didn't. Because there was no need to, there was some hatred towards jews at the time. Hitler simply exploited that into his favor, the same way Trump is exploiting hatred towards illegal mexican inmigrants.
    This shit really does parody itself at this point. If saying that people here illegally should be deported is "exploiting hatred", it really is time to just scrap the concept of borders all together, as it's evidently "exploiting hatred" to believe they should exist and be lightly enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    If Trump is elected, what should I do to prepare myself?
    What most people need to ask themselves is assuming a tyrannical government happens (regardless of party) -- what are you willing to do about it?

Hillary or Trump.... maybe it's a President in 20 years who does it? Doesn't matter.

Assuming they follow Hitler's steps and you can reasonable jump to the conclusion mass murder is happening -- what *are* you going to do about it? If the group targeted is coming to your house asking for help, would you help? If you saw people lined up being shot one by one, what would you *honestly* do about it?

This is a question only each individual person can answer. I imagine most people it would, at *most*, be record it with their phone while running in fear. Fewer would intervene. But in reality -- are you prepared for it? If Obama were to start it against the gays/blacks/hispanics/indians *right now*? If Trump were to start it on day one, what are you *prepared* to do?

Let's tone all that down. You walk by a store and see someone robbing it -- what do you think is going to be your first reaction? Shock? Dial 911? Run? Hide and dial 911? If you aren't prepared for something as trivial as this then how can you be prepared to take on a tyrannical government?

In the end, all we can do is draw parallels in history as acting like history can't repeat itself is awfully arrogant. Best to do is be prepared as best as you can be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    How is this an acceptable thread, but a picture of a Huffington Post editorial meeting not acceptable?
    Because he likes this thread, duh!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This shit really does parody itself at this point. If saying that people here illegally should be deported is "exploiting hatred", it really is time to just scrap the concept of borders all together, as it's evidently "exploiting hatred" to believe they should exist and be lightly enforced.
    It is, when you accuse them of being rapist, thiefts, drug dealers and grouping them like that.

Deleted
    Best is not to vote those with anti democratic mindset into power..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post

And with trump, it also starts in america. Be cautious, whom you vote into office.[/CENTER]
    Yes, Deporting illegal immigrants is the first step for the holocaust.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Best is not to vote those with anti democratic mindset into power..

I'm white with blue eyes and blonde hair... I'm down for round two. Time to vote for trump..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Is "Your Hitler, Your racist, and your Sexist" The only cards the left have?

You are losing now and the debates haven't even started... Guilt has a diminishing return and I think you are out of pity.
    Eh not really peopel are comparing hitler's rising with Trump's rising. The method is put into comparison, not the persons. Its quite silly to literally claim some is Hitler just for the sake of it, but when comparing methods of rising to power its a valid comparison. Thus the comparison could have easily been made between Trump and any other idiot populist out there. Nevertheless if the USA chooses Trump nothing will happen and everything will be the same, it will be funny though to see how his supporters try to justify his incompetence to carry out his plans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    Hitler simply exploited that into his favor, the same way Trump is exploiting hatred towards illegal mexican inmigrants.
    They aren't legitimate immigrants though, they are illegals. Hillary wants the 10 mil illegals for endless future Democrat presidents.