Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Unless they're your boss, tell them to fuck off. Or just don't respond.
    Yup, that's the route I went with.

I also sent out a few texts telling people I was no longer going to be available for texts during work hours, period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    A lot of pretty schlubby guys have banged at least one smokin' hot chick in their lives, so don't be too sure!
    Too true. Haha.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    See thread title.

I'm a busy girl and a massive introvert, I hate the phone and I only text people when I have to (ie., going out somewhere). I'll make exceptions for certain people phone-wise like friends who live halfway across the country/abroad, but those are rare exceptions.

Long story short there are 2-3 guys that I'm talking to that text me nonstop and it's fucking annoying, one of them will ask me what I'm doing at least once an hour during the workday. I tell them I'm working and it seems to go completely over their head.

Right at this very second one of them is complaining about how mean I am because I only sent him a couple dozen texts today (23...I counted).

How do I tell people nicely that I have better things to do than text all day long?

Why are you out here talking to dudes that can't take hints?

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Why are you out here talking to dudes that can't take hints?
    Good question. No idea.

I need dating tips from Bigzo

10+ Year Old Account
    Good question. No idea.

I need dating tips from Bigzo
    No no don't do that -- You'll attract all them big booty women.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I had a friend like this. During the short period of about 1 year when I actually messaged anyone at all with my phone, my university buddy would send me like 20 messages a day with the most mundane things: "Hi.", "How is it going?", "What are you doing?", "Are you watching the show?", "Have you done the homework?", etc. Every darn day. After a week or so of such craziness, I told him that I wasn't into phone messaging and didn't want to continue these pointless talks. Luckily, he got the hint.
    When everyone started getting cells but before texting became the shit, my friend couldn't wait that hour and a half to meet up so he bombed my cell with his and simultaneously used a pay phone to bomb my land line to say hi.

Deleted
    Solution is easy send them Ring a ling by Black eyed peas. "you don't wanna have sex with me, then why you keep texting me". They will get the message.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Are these possible romantic relationships, or just pure platonic? I think thats the most important question in this situation. It really changes what sort of response to give them.

Romantic- 'Dump" them ... you obviously don't like high maintenance men...

Platonic- Be firm and explain this behavior isn't work as friends and you will block them if you need to do so.
    They're platonic.

If they text more than she does, they're putting forth more effort than she is.

It's over unless she's the type that is into sympathy fucks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    No no don't do that -- You'll attract all them big booty women.
    Ain't nothing wrong with that.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I date below my league, that way I always know that I'm the prettiest.
    You have to aim high, the worst you can do is strike out and get someone of equal value. And you'd be surprised how often it works! I've slept with women way out of my league before just because I thought I could, and I guess they felt like slumming it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    You have to aim high, the worst you can do is strike out and get someone of equal value. And you'd be surprised how often it works! I've slept with women way out of my league before just because I thought I could, and I guess they felt like slumming it lol
    I was joking. I agree with aiming high, though

Honestly though I have found that attractiveness has very little to do with my enjoyment of a person's company, intelligence matters far more. Or being laid back, and/or having a great sense of humor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was joking. I agree with aiming high, though

Honestly though I have found that attractiveness has very little to do with my enjoyment of a person's company, intelligence matters far more. Or being laid back, and/or having a great sense of humor.
    Well I suppose when you are actually looking for extended company, those traits are beneficial. We all know how shallow I am though, and I don't date. So I am just looking for that initial wow factor for the sexy time lol

Well I suppose when you are actually looking for extended company, those traits are beneficial. We all know how shallow I am though, and I don't date. So I am just looking for that initial wow factor for the sexy time lol
    NYC is a good place for that. Have you thought about relocating to LA?

Deleted
    I am probably one of the guys who text you. It's because you are never clear about anything - if I am calm you will write some heartwarming stuff soon. So I wonder wtf do you want? Why can you not be clear?

10+ Year Old Account
    NYC is a good place for that. Have you thought about relocating to LA?
    Lived out there for about a year and a half. Not my kind of girls.

Lived out there for about a year and a half. Not my kind of girls.
    IDK i prefer LA girls to NYC chicks, probably because I grew up in SoCal Though.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Screen your phonecalls/texts. Works like a charm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Be a mature adult and be frank with them. Don't act like a child
    this sooo much this. i have probably been the very guy you are describing and if soemone says "i am busy" or "i cannot talk now" or even "i do npot want to talk anymore please leave me alone"., I WILL RESPECT IT

but if i get no replies after awhile? i just assume they never want to talk again and honestly it is pretty damn hurtful. just tell them

10+ Year Old Account
    See thread title.

I'm a busy girl and a massive introvert, I hate the phone and I only text people when I have to (ie., going out somewhere). I'll make exceptions for certain people phone-wise like friends who live halfway across the country/abroad, but those are rare exceptions.

Long story short there are 2-3 guys that I'm talking to that text me nonstop and it's fucking annoying, one of them will ask me what I'm doing at least once an hour during the workday. I tell them I'm working and it seems to go completely over their head.

Right at this very second one of them is complaining about how mean I am because I only sent him a couple dozen texts today (23...I counted).

How do I tell people nicely that I have better things to do than text all day long?
    Just get married.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    IDK i prefer LA girls to NYC chicks, probably because I grew up in SoCal Though.
    All personal preference. I think I like the aggression that NY women have lol

See thread title.

How do I tell people nicely that I have better things to do than text all day long
    ?

That's your problem, being nice, tell them to go away or ignore their messages. I can't stand people who text too much and I usually let them know it. I have better things to do all day, if you need to have a conversation call me, I am not texting a conversation unless I am stuck in a boring place were I can't like