Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Interesting episode.

I think Brienne going to Riverrun makes it very likely we might actually see Lady Stoneheart.

The Hodor bit was really confusing. Did he become that way because he could hear Meera through Bran's vision. Are the visions like a link between the past and future? Like if you whisper something to someone during a vision they will hear it in the past. I'm surprised the "hold door" thing was true.

I thought it was hilarious. No one was expecting dick right in there face
    There is something very wonky with the timeline. Bran's ability to see elsewhere expanded into the past and has expanded to the point that he is able to influence events. Hodor end up becoming a predestination paradox. He got Bran to Bloodraven, only so Bran could go back into the past to make him what he was, so he could get Bran to Bloodraven.

Wouldn't be surprised if Bran's fumbling with this power causes a cascade of terrible events happening.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the corpse of Hodor shows up in the White Walker Army at the end of the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    I just gotta ask this, whats with everyone in this thread focusing on a penis and whether it was shown or not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    There is something very wonky with the timeline. Bran's ability to see elsewhere expanded into the past and has expanded to the point that he is able to influence events. Hodor end up becoming a predestination paradox. He got Bran to Bloodraven, only so Bran could go back into the past to make him what he was, so he could get Bran to Bloodraven.

Wouldn't be surprised if Bran's fumbling with this power causes a cascade of terrible events happening.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the corpse of Hodor shows up in the White Walker Army at the end of the series.
    Couldnt bran go back in time and stop Ned from getting killed by the little prick on the throne who shall not be named?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    I just gotta ask this, whats with everyone in this thread focusing on a penis and whether it was shown or not?

- - - Updated - - -

Couldnt bran go back in time and stop Ned from getting killed by the little prick on the throne who shall not be named?
    Because male gentalia isn't something very common on US television. It something they deliberately added for shock value. Much like everything else we discuss on here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Jsj9V_Aqg&t=5m21s

"Hold the Door" = Hodor and his origin story was GRRM's idea.

Just wanted to put that in before we get the typical suspects screaming about how stupid D&D are.

The Three Eye'd Raven said it himself, the ink is already dry. Everything that's happened in the past has to happen again, even if Bran caused it. He can't change the past, he might think he can, but hes just going to cause what has already happened.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, the Tormund/Brienne ship was the best part of the episode for me.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Jsj9V_Aqg&t=5m21s

"Hold the Door" = Hodor and his origin story was GRRM's idea.

Just wanted to put that in before we get the typical suspects screaming about how stupid D&D is.
    It obviously wasn't D&D's idea else it would have been terrible. It's a very short list of what D&D has changed that is actually good.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    How is that even possible, it was the only thing in the frame.
    I was painting my nails, ok?!
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    It obviously wasn't D&D's idea else it would have been terrible. It's a very short list of what D&D has changed that is actually good.
    Yeah thanks we get it.

Because they cut to it so quickly and randomly it was the international equivlanet of 20 million people getting slapped in the face with a 3 foot penis simultaneously.

It's rather hysterical. And it served no purpose in the scene other than to be gratuitous.

No I think he isn't going to have the ability to change the past, only fulfill it. He maybe the one who drove the Mad King mad, for example (it's one theory). And there will be no outcome other than that.

I think it goes both ways though. I'm not sure how yet, but there is a relationship between Bran and the Night's King. I've long believed that the Wights / Army of the Undead are one big super-warg by the White Walkers. But what if through mystical / time mumbo jumbo, Bran, Blood Raven, the Nights King, and others, all turn out to be... I hate to use the word but... "incarnations" of one figure, the super-greenseer, who can mass-warg. From one perspective, Bran could litterally be fighting himself. The Nights King could be in essence, an echo of him from the past, the came from the future.

Time travel is a cunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    This might have been the episode that the shark was jumped.
    nah... if you read the books, theres already been wibbly wobbly timey whimey already, with brann and the wyrewood tree and jon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Yeah I'm more focused on how Sansa can still feel Ramsay's in her butt. That's fucked up.
    I shouldn't have to explain this, but what she appeared to be hinting at is that he left lasting damage to her body. It could also be a reference to the deep-seated shame and self-loathing that many rape victims experience after they've been attacked.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I'd be all for Bran causing stuff to have happened, like making Aerys mad. On the show though, absolutely not in the books. Anyway, while I loved the play in Braavos, the rest has me unconvinced. I guess I like the books too much and I was angry that Euron isn't even "Crow's Eye" in the series.

The Hodor thing was cool, though I don't understand yet how Bran could be simultaneously having a vision and in Hodor's mind, and how being in his mind in the past can make him act in the present. I wonder how much of all this will be in the books, although I don't doubt it will be presented in a better way.

Deleted

Unhappy

Hold the door. R.I.P buddy

Bran better step up and do something meaningful with all the people dying for him so far

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Yeah I'm more focused on how Sansa can still feel Ramsay's in her butt. That's fucked up.
    She probably has a prolapsed anus now.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Yeah Sam's been on a boat for episodes now ! While Littlefinger can travel to MC in 5 minutes with a whole army (which seems to be invisible to the Boltons at MC).
    They just want to finish the story, we get it, but at least get your stupid timeline straight @D&D.
    Still hasn't been on a boat as long as Gendry...

Hold the door hodor lel RIP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    lets go kill my neice and nephew ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Joke's on him - they already left! xD
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Joke's on him - they already left! xD
    The Greyjoys: "Make me a thousand ships and I will give you the world" Looses every battle not on sea ever

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Hold the door hodor lel RIP
    This... so sad to see him go, but in all honesty, the best death (most meaningful) so far. Hodor is a hero!!!!!!!!!!!