Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Just so we're clear here, you think that this kind of behavior is unique to Muslim nations? I want to be sure, because god damn do I want to minimize the number of posts in this tone I have to read.
    I appreciate you wanting to cut to the chase. No, I don't think that it's unique to Muslim nations. I didn't say that. I'm not even saying that it exists in every Muslim nation. I believe I said that it's found in rich and poor Muslim nations. I'm not referring to sexist societies, I'm referring to nations that have codified law that is sexist. You don't find that in poor, non Muslim nations, at least not to anywhere near the degree that you find it in almost all Muslim majority nations, both rich and poor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Since u failed to name them. I would say just Saudi Arabia u mean. so 20million people against 1.5 billion people is radical?

Is this radical enough for you? Or is that your daily life as Saudi Arabian?

Or how about this?

That means hundreds of millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I appreciate you wanting to cut to the chase. No, I don't think that it's unique to Muslim nations. I didn't say that. I'm not even saying that it exists in every Muslim nation. I believe I said that it's found in rich and poor Muslim nations. I'm not referring to sexist societies, I'm referring to nations that have codified law that is sexist. You don't find that in poor, non Muslim nations, at least not to anywhere near the degree that you find it in almost all Muslim majority nations, both rich and poor.
    I'm not sure why a distinction between sexist societies and codified legal sexism. Legal systems are always a reflection of the majority culture that creates them. Do you have any evidence that sexist legal structures are entirely located within Muslim countries? That's a hell of a claim to just make.

For instance, India has some truly horrendous laws and legal precedents on rape. Nigeria is a little over half christian and allows for domestic violence against wives. The Democratic Republic of Congo is 80% Christian and allows marital rape. etc etc

I'm not sure why a distinction between sexist societies and codified legal sexism. Legal systems are always a reflection of the majority culture that creates them. Do you have any evidence that sexist legal structures are entirely located within Muslim countries? That's a hell of a claim to just make.

For instance, India has some truly horrendous laws and legal precedents on rape. Nigeria is a little over half christian and allows for domestic violence against wives. The Democratic Republic of Congo is 80% Christian and allows marital rape. etc etc
    I never made the claim that sexist legal structures are entirely located (unique to would be better phrasing, if I take your meaning correctly) within Muslim countries, but only that you find it to a much greater degree in Muslim nations. Specifically Muslim nations that have legislation dictated by Sharia. I don't see where that's even debatable. Muslim countries discriminate, by law, against women much more so than non Muslim nations, and they do it because they allow their interpretation of religion to influence their law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    How mentally retarded are these people? They have to be Atleast 1000 yrs behind
    They are the head of the UN human rights council, we should all strive to walk in the foot steps of Saudi Arabia.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I never made the claim that sexist legal structures are entirely located (unique to would be better phrasing, if I take your meaning correctly) within Muslim countries, but only that you find it to a much greater degree in Muslim nations. Specifically Muslim nations that have legislation dictated by Sharia. I don't see where that's even debatable. Muslim countries discriminate, by law, against women much more so than non Muslim nations, and they do it because they allow their interpretation of religion to influence their law.
    You're just saying they do it worse over and over with no objective way to measure such a claim offered.

You're just saying they do it worse over and over with no objective way to measure such a claim offered.
    The objectivity comes from my, admittedly inexpert, legal assessment that I challenged you on previously and I'll restate here; Find me an example of a poor non Muslim nation who's laws allow for the stoning of a women for having sex outside of marriage with a non Muslim man, because that's the law that exists in the richest, most westernized Muslim nation in the world.

Listen, being poor sucks pretty much everywhere. Life for women in places like DRC, Somalia, etc. is awful. But it's awful for everyone. When you you look at places where civil war, starvation, and human trafficking aren't the order of the day, women don't seem to have it worse anywhere, comparatively, than they do in Muslim countries that follow Sharia. When you look at areas such as legal rights, literacy rates, employment, income potential, etc. compared to their male counterparts that's obvious. Would I rather be a women in Qatar than in the DRC? The answer to that is obvious. But I'd rather be pretty much anything, anywhere else than anything in the DRC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannik254 View Post
    Here we go, Westerners again trying to impose their cultural values onto the Middle East and Africa, when will the White Imperialists stop their aggressive Statecraft on the rest of the world. It's their culture, not yours, stop imposing and mind your own business. We've already had our countries borders reshaped during the World Wars, we don't need any more Western influence.
    I agree with you. I wish the same can be done in return. Stay out of our Western countries and if you must live in our countries than accept our customs as we would have to accept yours in your country.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

You're arbitrarily defining the metrics to exclude examples that run counter to your claim without actually addressing the base point. What exact flavor the sexism takes ranges from culture to culture, but you've been provided multiple examples of nonmuslim nations with extreme codified sexism. Other than that all you seem to be able to do is point to nations that have only recently gained any degree of wealth, with such wealth heavily concentrated, a point I've already addressed.

I mean we can look at post WW2 Afghanistan and see this. They were growing and prosperous, and at least in the developed areas where this growth was occurring, liberalism flourished along side Islam. Naturally it was liberalism of the still rather conservative by today's standard variety, but yeah. Our goes the peace and development and in comes the extremist Islam.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, stress radicalizes societies. Poverty breed sexism in the same way economic downturns breed radical political movements.
    So you would argue Religion or belief plays zero role in way someone behaves a certain way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

No, stress radicalizes societies. Poverty breed sexism in the same way economic downturns breed radical political movements.
    I don't think this is true. Traditionalism breeds this, not poverty.

Deleted
    Yeah, that will teach those women to have forced premarital sex with random strangers.

You're arbitrarily defining the metrics to exclude examples that run counter to your claim without actually addressing the base point. What exact flavor the sexism takes ranges from culture to culture, but you've been provided multiple examples of nonmuslim nations with extreme codified sexism. Other than that all you seem to be able to do is point to nations that have only recently gained any degree of wealth, with such wealth heavily concentrated, a point I've already addressed.

I mean we can look at post WW2 Afghanistan and see this. They were growing and prosperous, and at least in the developed areas where this growth was occurring, liberalism flourished along side Islam. Naturally it was liberalism of the still rather conservative by today's standard variety, but yeah. Our goes the peace and development and in comes the extremist Islam.
    Let's start comparing. Find me countries with similar records of economic growth who have similar codified laws discriminating in the ways that Muslim majority countries do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    I don't think this is true.
    It's not true. Not at least when the people making the laws discriminating against women are the rich ones.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    How mentally retarded are these people? They have to be Atleast 1000 yrs behind
    They are around 50 years further behind than America.....

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    So you would argue Religion or belief plays zero role in way someone behaves a certain way?
    Traditionalism and conservatism plays more role than poverty. xD
    Last edited by Katie N; 2016-05-23 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    They are around 50 years further behind than America.....
    i mean the people who run the country. Why the shit would you punish the victim of sexual assault? Beat the crap out of indapendant women? Murder homosexuals for doing nothing but being homosexuals? Hold public executions?

The whole country is basically what things would be like if hitler won ww2.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2016-05-23 at 05:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saudi Arabia? Check.

Just another normal day? Check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post

Is this radical enough for you? Or is that your daily life as Saudi Arabian?

Or how about this?

That means hundreds of millions.
    bullsh!t these statistics are just bullshitcrap made up by radical people who hate Islam there is only stoning in KSA and Afghanistan and Iran and maybe Pakistan plus ISIS SCUM but mentoning Lebanon Jordan Egypt turkey with these non-sense number that's sily a joke
    and about Gaza and Palestine bombing they are under war

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    I agree with you. I wish the same can be done in return. Stay out of our Western countries and if you must live in our countries than accept our customs as we would have to accept yours in your country.
    LoL stop taking our Oil also middle east is on fire because of the dammn oil its pretty obvious take it all and leave us alone
    i recommend all people here to watch these movies and see what west have done to the middle east to look like that now

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0977855/ Fair Game Sean Penn

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0947810/ Green Zone Matt Damon

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758774/ Body of Lies for Leonardo DiCaprio
    Last edited by Steliios; 2016-05-23 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    And yet feminists' main issues are with manspreading, video game butts, and ghostbusters movie reviews

These are the situations where Emma Watson needs to fly over and do some campaigning, but nope
    Guess we don't have any issues here in the west then, since there are worse problems other places?
    Should we tell every organisation that doesn't have global focus to go fuck themselves?
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Where are all the feminists now?

Seems like getting your tits out and crying bloody oppression is only a necessity when you're haunted by the memory of your little brother's audacity to leave the toilet seat up when you were 6.