Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Uhm, portal opened and demons started pouring into Azeroth. So Azerothians went in to remove this threat. Pretty much the same thing as in WoD
    Yes, but were these demons not of the burning legion? I don't think Illidan would have attacked Azeroth while trying to attack Argus. That would have been the stupidest move he could have made, so either he was stupid or Illidan and the Azerothians were betrayed and we need to apologize to Illidan. So he doesn't need that redemption arc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Pushing back the Legion after they reopened the Portal, reuniting with forces thought lost at the end of the Second War.

Illidan was willing to enslave the broken, tear Netherstorm apart to amass arcane power, and siphon the water from Zangarmarsh for... some reason, all to fight the Legion. Whether or not you think the ends justify the means is up to you.
    Yes Illidan was fighting the legion, the greatest enemy known to the universe (at that point in time). So why did we take him out? Seems kinda like we shoot ourselves in the foot there...

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Yes, but were these demons not of the burning legion? I don't think Illidan would have attacked Azeroth while trying to attack Argus. That would have been the stupidest move he could have made, so either he was stupid or Illidan and the Azerothians were betrayed and we need to apologize to Illidan. So he doesn't need that redemption arc.
    They were Legion, but Illidari forces were plenty hostile from the start. Just look at the fel orcs or naga. I don't know why they were, but lets not pretend we just spontaneously decided to go after him.

Remember that time he just randomly had Kael's blood elves attack Shattrath?
    Last edited by Daralii; 2016-05-22 at 03:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    They were Legion, but Illidari forces were plenty hostile from the start. Just look at the fel orcs or naga. I don't know why they were, but lets not pretend we just spontaneously decided to go after him.

He didn't. Kael'thas ordered that attack entirely on his own.

it was never said that Illidan ordered the attack on Shattrath.even before Illidan novel,the official source we had stated that the attack came from Illidan's ally Kael.it was never said that he ordered "hey lets go attack Shattrath because I'm bored".allies can sometimes act on their own.

Deleted

Of course they were hostile, Illidan was banished from Azeroth. That he and his allies would not be happy to see us is logical, but why we attack them even so they fought the demons is not logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Regardless of anything to do with Illidan the biggest take away for me personally is the confirmation the the Pantheon has been completely wiped out.
    Yeah, this is the significant thing to me too. I guess having read the book, the rest wasn't as big of a deal to me.

Of course they were hostile, Illidan was banished from Azeroth. That he and his allies would not be happy to see us is logical, but why we attack them even so they fought the demons is not logical.
    So what, ignore them while they try to kill us? If the Illidari weren't interested in an alliance, then dealing with them so that everything can be focused on the Legion makes strategic sense.

Deleted
    So what, ignore them while they try to kill us? If the Illidari weren't interested in an alliance, then dealing with them so that everything can be focused on the Legion makes strategic sense.
    Well, we could see they fought the legion. So diplomacy to deal with the legion first and maybe then we would have just left?

Deleted
    The Illidari attacked the Alliance far less than the Horde did, does, and will do, and they're on another fucking planet. It makes no sense that the Illidari get wiped out while the Horde gets assistance and a stern fingerwagging.

Deleted
    Blizzard has a thing for copying things from other games and adding them into WoW but this one is a bit too much....
    It's literally the EXACT SAME THING as hydelyn and the warrior of light except with a naaru in the place of hydelyn and argus on the background instead of the life stream

You mean besides seeing them convert maghar into more fel orcs, being reunited with Draenei who have survived on Draenor as well as original Draenor expedition under Danath Trollbane?

Also, Illidari figting demons isn't so obvious, as the last time Illidan was on Azeroth he was working for Kil'jeaden

Also: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_A...ire_Peninsula)
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Spelling errors and inconsistencies? It looks fake to me, blizzard would never do something that's been misspelled.
    lol have you seen a lot of the datamined stuff? It's constantly misspelled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    This is Med'an all over again, except it's worse because they're ruining an existing character.
    Illidan's character was equal to Medan so idk how it's worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Syfus View Post
    Well this spoiler will blow some minds...

Enjoy: http://imgur.com/a/OrfNp
    Considering that this was already revealed in the Illidan novel months ago, I don't really see the spoilers here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Considering that this was already revealed in the Illidan novel months ago, I don't really see the spoilers here!!!
    Are you kidding me? This is the biggest trolling I've seen in awhile. Photoshop is an amazing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugonn View Post
    The Illidari attacked the Alliance far less than the Horde did, does, and will do, and they're on another fucking planet. It makes no sense that the Illidari get wiped out while the Horde gets assistance and a stern fingerwagging.
    The horde is a player faction, so they can't be wiped out, that's what made the whole "Horde goes full evil under Garroh"-storyline such a crappy idea: there's no satisfying ending possible.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    The horde is a player faction, so they can't be wiped out, that's what made the whole "Horde goes full evil under Garroh"-storyline such a crappy idea: there's no satisfying ending possible.
    They can be wiped out and reformed (even assimilated into the Alliance), but that's too much work and some of the players won't like it, so they don't do it.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    They can be wiped out and reformed (even assimilated into the Alliance), but that's too much work and some of the players won't like it, so they don't do it.
    they cant be assimilated into the alliance as long as pvp is a thing, and pvp will be a thing as long as wow is still a thing. wiping them out and reforming is no different from them not being bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by leigonlord View Post
    they cant be assimilated into the alliance as long as pvp is a thing, and pvp will be a thing as long as wow is still a thing. wiping them out and reforming is no different from them not being bad guys.
    Justification for PVP: tournaments. Piece of cake. Alliance already fight Alliance in the arenas, if you didn't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leigonlord View Post
    What does that have to do with ANYTHING at all? Who says PvP has to be Horde vs Alliance? Hell, who says BGs have to be WAR? Blizzard could easily twist and retcon things so that BGs are just basically sparring matches. Then it wouldn't matter who was on what side. They could make us all just one big huge faction, and we'd have orcs fighting alongside humans against orcs and humans.

The storylines that Blizzard has been taking since, hell, BC, there really isn't a faction rivalry anymore. We've had to team up for almost every single expansion at this point. And if we want to get all lore-ish and technical, one would think at this point the Tauren are fucking TIRED of this war shit, they just want to go back to being nature loving hippies. Since the orcs in WoD never drank the blood, OUR orcs can see what their life could be like. The undead can...well, they fucking hate everybody anyway, so no change there. Point being, there is no reason as far as I can tell for us to still be at each other's throats. Except for the morons who think PvP HAS to be Horde vs Alliance in a bloody war, and thankfully, nobody cares what they think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Cause insulting groups of players always helps your views. Wod showed our orcs shit, there is one clan that didn't want to goto war, ONE. Bull on the no faction rivalry since bc
    icecrown in wrath
    gilneas/ashenvale/barrens/etc in cata
    MoP
    WoD not as much until horde thought alliance was going to use some artifact against them for some reason.

The game has always been conflict between the 2