Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Under section 10 of their ToS. You don't have to violate them for the company to decide they don't want your particular brand of stupidity on their platform.
    Those terms of service can be overturned by a court of law.

Like this one has, in another case against Facebook:

http://fortune.com/2016/02/15/facebo...ght-in-europe/

French man can sue in France over account suspension.

Facebook received yet another challenge to its ideas of jurisdiction on Friday, when a Paris appeals court said it could be sued in France over its suspension of an account.

The court backed the right of art expert Jean-Jacques Fernier to sue Facebook FB for suspending his account five years ago without prior notice, because he posted a picture of a 160-year-old Gustave Courbet painting that depicts female genitalia.

The ruling was important because Facebook’s terms and conditions state users can only resolve disputes with the firm “in the US District Court for the Northern District of California or a state court located in San Mateo County.”

Not so, said the French court, which upheld a lower court’s ruling that this term is “abusive” as it makes it near impossible for people in France to sue Facebook.
    Last edited by Cricket22; 2016-05-23 at 06:04 AM.

I think her reaction to trigglypuff was the best one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIpkdusnIkE

Then theres the one with the drums:

http://i.imgur.com/aOTo3Zr.webm

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Some people have this really weird sense of entitlement to a privately-owned platform that they're provided access to for free.
    They're free to ban people for retarded reasons.

People are also free to criticize them for it too. Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean people can't call it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    its just the start now watch it spread

SJW's will start getting jobs at places like Blizzard and stuff like Forum admins all over the place and you will be banned for next to no reason
    I've actually been observing the opposite over the years. Frogs and boiling water and all that.

SJW's will start getting jobs at places like Blizzard and stuff like Forum admins all over the place and you will be banned for next to no reason
    So they'll become this place?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    They have every right to do whatever they want with their products. However, they should be honest about it. They pretend it's not happening when there's evidence that it is. Just own up to it. Say you don't want conservative types or ideas talked about through your shit.
    Funny because they haven't banned conservative opinions, just blocked people from publicly shaming a person they don't even know.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Funny because they haven't banned conservative opinions, just blocked people from publicly shaming a person they don't even know.
    Yeah except she's not the first person who's gone through this. Tumblr, Reddit, and Twitter are notorious for shadowbanning people and the fact that its their website doesn't magically make this ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    This.
    Who gives a shit if some random company censors its users. Don't like it, don't use the service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    So they'll become this place?
    I was gonna edit up an "It's goofy time!" meme with your and Endus's avatar just to make that persecution complex feel special, but memes are against forum rules, and that's a lot of work. Someone else can do it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I was gonna edit up an "It's goofy time!" meme with your and Endus's avatar just to make that persecution complex feel special, but memes are against forum rules, and that's a lot of work. Someone else can do it.
    Making jokes = persecution complex

lol

You say this like this insn't already happening.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but SJWs is only a modern naming for the marching of progress. There will always be a group of people who eventually decide what is considered socially acceptable and what is considered inappropriate

Failure to realize this leaves you like one of those over-the-hill comedians who scratch their head about how come an audience doesn't laugh at a gay joke like they used to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Making jokes = persecution complex

lol
    You have to admit, it would be a killer meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    You say this like this insn't already happening.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but SJWs is only a modern naming for the marching of progress. There will always be a group of people who eventually decide what is considered socially acceptable and what is considered inappropriate

Failure to realize this leaves you like one of those over-the-hill comedians who scratch their head about how come an audience doesn't laugh at a gay joke like they used to.
    lol wooooow

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Yeah except she's not the first person who's gone through this. Tumblr, Reddit, and Twitter are notorious for shadowbanning people and the fact that its their website doesn't magically make this ok.
    You make a mess in my house I throw your ass out the door. Pretty simple concept.

Considering people like Daniel Tosh are as popular as ever, I really doubt this.

You make a mess in my house I throw your ass out the door. Pretty simple concept.
    In which case, own up to it. Don't shadow ban someone and wring your hands while hoping no one notices. No one is intimidated by this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    In which case, own up to it. Don't shadow ban someone and wring your hands while hoping no one notices.
    What obligation do they have to own up to anything about people using their own platform in a way they don't like?

I don't need to tell or justify anything about why I would want someone out of my house.

Such edge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to wonder why. I'm left-leaning as well, though on the liberal side and I thought that Trigglypuff video was one of the most disgusting as well as funny things I've seen recently. It's not so much the leftism that's at fault here but the fact that a growing number of left-wing people tend to be extremely authoritarian, which is way worse than being left or right by itself.
    A certain degree of liberalism is required in order to not come across like a dictator, and that includes not censoring opinions one doesn't agree with. I'm not scared of Trump because he's right wing, but because he is right-wing, a nationalist, and an extreme authoritarian, which is the literal definition of a facist. And the regressive left is basically that, but on the other side of the spectrum, also killing free speech, pissing on human rights and getting involved with shit that needs no involvement of theirs.

A platform like Twitter has a responsibility to allow ALL opinions, and should pretty much never step in at all, no matter what is being posted. If it can't live up to that responsibility it needs either a leadership change or replacing altogether.

What obligation do they have to own up to anything about people using their own platform in a way they don't like?

I don't need to tell or justify anything about why I would want someone out of my house.
    You're right, they don't technically have an obligation to do so. People are also free to make fun of them for their meek character. It's a free country and free speech goes all ways, they're free to act in some manner and people are free to mock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    I have to wonder why. I'm left-leaning as well, though on the liberal side and I thought that Trigglypuff video was one of the most disgusting as well as funny things I've seen recently. It's not so much the leftism that's at fault here but the fact that a growing number of left-wing people tend to be extremely authoritarian, which is way worse than being left or right by itself.
    A certain degree of liberalism is required in order to not come across like a dictator, and that includes not censoring opinions one doesn't agree with. I'm not scared of Trump because he's right wing, but because he is right-wing, a nationalist, and an extreme authoritarian, which is the literal definition of a facist. And the regressive left is basically that, but on the other side of the spectrum, also killing free speech, pissing on human rights and getting involved with shit that needs no involvement of theirs.

A platform like Twitter has a responsibility to allow ALL opinions, and should pretty much never step in at all, no matter what is being posted. If it can't live up to that responsibility it needs either a leadership change or replacing altogether.
    What is it with people's obsession with things that aren't the government being held to the standard of the Government.