Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    Funny how during MoP everyone hated the shit out of it, now the general consensus is it was one of the better expansions (except for 14 months SOO).

I imagine during the Legion content drought (inevitable) people will start posting "WoD was actually pretty good, fuck Legion" type posts.

Either that or it will go down with Cata. Time will tell!
    You realize that this is only the case because every xpac since WotLK has been increasingly worse. If Legion sucks more than WoD of course this will be said. It's common fucking sense. A is better than B but B is better than C because C is a worse experience.

what do you mean how long 'after' release?

we already know legion will be worse because of beta, silly!

haven't hated on any expansion except wod.
    I suspect the people who like wod will be those who be the ones cooing how good wod was and how crap legion is. unless of course they like legion.
    then they will be cooing how good wod was and legion is, and some other expac (bc wrath cata or mop) was crap.
    Vanillia was good. but very grindy.
    BC was good.
    Wrath was good.
    Cata was good and bad.
    Mop was good
    Wod is poo
    Legion looks good .. hope it ends up that way.

I don't think WOD will ever be looked at as anything else but awful. It'll dethrone Cataclysm as the worst expansion of all time.
    Legion can't possibly be worse than this.

Get the stake and kindling ready, but I haven't had any problems with any xpac since I started playing in WotLK. Yes, sometimes there are things lacking, but overall I have fun and enjoy the game's xpacs. I am a mythic raider, so I have that going for me for endgame, so maybe I'm a little biased, but even looking at all the stuff people say there isn't to do, I havent minded the xpac at all. I log on, do some stuff, log off, go about my day. The fact I might not stay logged in as often as I used to doesn't mean I like the game any less as I still enjoy my time while playing (yes, I do things outside of raids).
    The lack of endgame content reasoning people throw around is always funny to me. People throw around "raid or die" issues, or even the "Blizzard focuses everything on raids" topic, but why is always funny is this is always the case since I began playing. If you weren't in a raid in Wrath, what were you doing? If you weren't in a raid in Cata, what were you doing? So on and so on. I'm guessing if you weren't raiding you were probably farming mats to craft stuff, PvP, or just grinding out dungeons. Seems pretty familiar so far, right?
    People also say content doesn't come out fast enough, or last long enough. What did you have open world in Wrath after Naxx was over? Oh yeah, dailies and a tournament to farm for mounts and off pieces. What about after Firelands was brought out? Oh yeah, an instances island with dailies. How about since HFC was introduced? Oh yeah, dailies in Tanaan for gear and mounts. People can say Tanaan has gone on for too long, but never forget that world content in Wrath consisted of the tournament, world content in Cata consisted of an instanced island. MoP seriously brought the most world content with the phasing of the changing land (has some issues) along with IoT and TI, yet people talk about MoP as horrible. The biggest contribution Wrath had in content was the introduction of a few dungeons as the xpac aged, but those lasted a few days for people to see all the way thru?
    (This is all about the casual playerbase btw)

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how during MoP everyone hated the shit out of it, now the general consensus is it was one of the better expansions (except for 14 months SOO).

I imagine during the Legion content drought (inevitable) people will start posting "WoD was actually pretty good, fuck Legion" type posts.

Well, you are wrong about "everyone" part. I know plenty of people who liked MoP when it was current. I was one of them too. I still think that MoP is by far the best expansion we had.
    WoD was not so terrible from the point of levelling/raiding. Both of those very really great. Rest of expansion is meh, that is true. Cataclysm had similar problem. It had great levelling experience, and first tier of raids was good. Firelands was ok but Dragon Soul was total crap. I mean, bosses were mostly ok but having reused assets for like the whole raid was pretty depressing experience.

From what it looks like to me, Legion has the potential to overthrow MoP and become THE BEST expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I don't think WOD will ever be looked at as anything else but awful. It'll dethrone Cataclysm as the worst expansion of all time.
    Legion can't possibly be worse than this.
    I remember thinking WoD couldn't possibly be worse than Cata...boy did I get that one wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    WOD have boring Lore and Storyline, but Arena and PVP wise WOD is great expansion.

WOD gived WOW alot of improvments like Cross-Faction Auction-House,New Models and Toys Tab.

Seems a few people believe that the unpopularity of MoP was on the same level as cata and wod and that no one at all liked MoP till WoD came along.

Which is so laughably wrong it hurts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Seriously? Every second I was playing, I couldn't shake the horrible, disgusting fact that literally nothing we did mattered. The lore was terrible, because it wasn't lore. Velen died, but not really. I saved a bunch of Arrakkoa for no reason whatsoever. The big "Draenor is free!" moment was bullshit, because no, this isn't Draenor. This is one expansion that was no better than a Caverns of Time dungeon. That's what this entire expansion should have been, a single dungeon with an ending like all of our other time travel experiences. Something we can forget about.

I built an entire garrison, and buildings everywhere all over Draenor's only significant continent, to defeat a Horde I'll never have to see again after this expansion. Where we could have just as easily dropped a mana-bomb on the Dark Portal and have nothing to do with whatever happens in that shitty alternate universe. The entire expansion was an absolute and unforgivable waste. Everything that happened in every other expansion changed the future of Azeroth. This did nothing.

There was no forward movement in the plot of World of Warcraft because of this expansion. It was a sidestory we had to spend two years on. It was pretty, and it was terrible.
    Dont forget that what little loose reasoning we did have to be there: "Iron Horde may come back for us!" completly went away the exact moment we learned Garrosh killed the bronze dragon that brought him there, effectively giving them no way to get back to us.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    "WoD 2 aka Legion sucks, but at least its not worse than WoD were" - a new era.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the game's still the same increased price it currently is and Legion has LESS content, then WoD will be better.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    "WoD 2 aka Legion sucks, but at least its not worse than WoD were" - a new era.
    That.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    If the game's still the same increased price it currently is and Legion has LESS content, then WoD will be better.
    That also.

I respect the pulling of all the stops with its story, but if the non-raid content only lasts a month, again, and no non-raid patches come, it will see a new low in subs.

But maybe that's the plan: subs no longer matter. I probably underestimate the Ultimate Hype Commercial aka Warcraft Movie. With baseline WoD, Legion will be presented as its own new game (with price to match). Box sales yo.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played since Vanilla...WoD is honestly the only expansion I could complain a lot about...it is literally the only thing since Vanilla where I only leveled 1 character to max (And with Vanilla it is mostly because I was new and it took a lot longer to level a character)

Everyone didn't hate MoP when it was current. The immature "lolkungfupanda" crowd hated it. The rest of us were busy enjoying the hell out of great raids and story. Sure there were aspects of the expansion that were bad, like the initial daily quest fiasco, but overall it was a very solid expansion (and I thought so while playing it).

WoD, on the other hand, I enjoyed for about two weeks. It is worse than Cataclysm and I think it will go down as WoW's weakest expansion.

I'm in the Legion beta, and based on my experience so far, Legion will hit WoD out of the park. Aside from the bugs, which is to be expected in beta, the quests and story are fantastic. There are many jaw dropping moments. The dungeons I've done so far are very well done. Artifact progression is fun for now, though I don't know how it will feel once it's been maxed out. To me, Legion is very reminiscent of WotLK. The only complaint I have so far is the order hall missions. It's basically the garrison missions again. I've yet to get a mission that is interactive with your followers as the devs stated would be the case at Blizzcon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    After the 2nd Legion patch.
    If there is a second Legion patch.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Ok, wod sucked. But I've only heard good things about Legion. So what exactly is it about Legion that's looking bad? Especially as it seems to be a total departure from Wod.
    PvP currently is in such a broken state with tight lipped devs that many are very worried.

Many classes were also gutted to the point of just being unfun messes.

Some classes were redone and their new rotations are clunky at best, painful at worst.

Tanks were flat out ruined and are little else but crappy dps with a few defensive CDs.

Legion has a lot of stuff down. Gameplay is not one of them, and thats the most important part. If its not fun, doesnt really matter what end game content there is.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mischievousboy View Post
    Everyone didn't hate MoP when it was current. The immature "lolkungfupanda" crowd hated it. The rest of us were busy enjoying the hell out of great raids and story. Sure there were aspects of the expansion that were bad, like the initial daily quest fiasco, but overall it was a very solid expansion (and I thought so while playing it).

WoD, on the other hand, I enjoyed for about two weeks. It is worse than Cataclysm and I think it will go down as WoW's weakest expansion.

I'm in the Legion beta, and based on my experience so far, Legion will hit WoD out of the park. Aside from the bugs, which is to be expected in beta, the quests and story are fantastic. There are many jaw dropping moments. The dungeons I've done so far are very well done. Artifact progression is fun for now, though I don't know how it will feel once it's been maxed out. To me, Legion is very reminiscent of WotLK. The only complaint I have so far is the order hall missions. It's basically the garrison missions again. I've yet to get a mission that is interactive with your followers as the devs stated would be the case at Blizzcon.
    Unforunatly the Kung fu panda people can't let that go and missed out on how good of an expansion mop actually was. Mop gave us 5 open world places to do things in AFTER launch thunder island, Dino island, landing zone Karasang wilds, battle field barrens and timeless island wod gave us 1 fucking 1 tanaan jungle and that was suppose to be on launch anyway. It also gave us brawlers guild, scenarios , repeatable rares in the world, and world bosses that dropped tier gear. But you derp pandas. How one can even say mop and wod are even close to each other is a joke. Sadly though that joke was played on us players by blizz as they cut the hell out of content and charged us more on top of it. Just unbelieveable

Deleted
    There's already some claiming Legion will suck more than WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Unforunatly the Kung fu panda people can't let that go and missed out on how good of an expansion mop actually was. Mop gave us 5 open world places to do things in AFTER launch thunder island, Dino island, landing zone Karasang wilds, battle field barrens and timeless island wod gave us 1 fucking 1 tanaan jungle and that was suppose to be on launch anyway. It also gave us brawlers guild, scenarios , repeatable rares in the world, and world bosses that dropped tier gear. But you derp pandas. How one can even say mop and wod are even close to each other is a joke. Sadly though that joke was played on us players by blizz as they cut the hell out of content and charged us more on top of it. Just unbelieveable
    We should not care actually, since the kung fu panda people just denied themselves possibly the last wow expansion which had fabled legendary old Blizzard's quality. Let them enjoy their modern expansions, with all that "noflying till last patch of expansion", "ability pruning", "less is more" and more idiocy like that.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Here I am.

I predicted that WoD will be a much worse expansion than Cata and will do a lot of damage to WoW. All of this 5-6 months before release and I was right about every issue. During the beta it was easy to spot what would happen if you weren't a blind fanboy.

Wanna know what happened? I got attacked left, right and center. And funnily enough this was the first time I was absolutely sure an expansion will be shit.
    So, how do you think legion will be? good? bad? Awesome?