Deleted

Thumbs up World Quest Rewards itemlevel

After doing couple of days of world quests, suramar quests & dungeons we found out that the world quest rewards scale with your itemlevel (in addition to the upgrade chance). Whenever we reached a certain itemlevel all items from worldquests seem to increase in their itemlevel as well.

It seems to be pretty easy:
    • when you reach itemlevel 805 -> quest rewards become 815
    • when you reach itemlevel 815 -> quest rewards become 825
    • when you reach itemlevel 825 -> quest rewards become 835
    • ... TBD

A couple of things we also noticed:
    • The world quest UI (Map) won't show the increased itemlevel for quests you had prior to reaching the breakpoint
    • You still get the reward with the increased itemlevel when completing these quests
    • new quests will show the higher itemlevel for the rewards
    • Some quests grant you items 5 ilvl higher than usual (some rare quests in suramar)
    • In addition a quest reward can get warforged or even titanforged, greatly increasing itemlevel.

Right now i'm 829 so i don't know if you can get a 845 quest reward item (base item, not a war-/titanforged one).

Does anyone know how high the itemlevel can get? When will those quest rewards stop scaling?

I absolutley love this system. You have so much to do & can always do stuff on your own when your buddys don't want to run instances. I really hope those rewards will scale all the way up till you can do raiding.
    Last edited by mmoc70ce1544d4; 2016-05-23 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Typos V1

This is great way of progression I must say. But I don't think it should be above heroic raid difficulty, unless it's some hard (harder?) or rare quest.
    And you should probably report that UI bug on official forums or ingame.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    im assuming that the ilvl cap will be somewhere around the current raid, increasing with each raid patch.

I just started doing World Quests last night, so all the rewards are still 810+, but I like this idea of on-going progression, it helps to keep the World Quests relevant for much longer, and gives you a possibility to either catch up or progress on your own.

So how often do we get new World quests? Daily? Weekly? Is it worth saving them early on until I get my ilvl up a bit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    So how often do we get new World quests? Daily? Weekly? Is it worth saving them early on until I get my ilvl up a bit?
    They have some sort of indivdual timer. Whenever one of those runs out of time a new one pops up. So you should definitely do them before your timer runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Every few hours usually group ones spawn more rarely and world boss ones seem to be once a weekish.

Quote Originally Posted by Khimra View Post
    After doing couple of days of world quests, suramar quests & dungeons we found out that the world quest rewards scale with your itemlevel (in addition to the upgrade chance). Whenever we reached a certain itemlevel all items from worldquests seem to increase in their itemlevel as well.

It seems to be pretty easy:
    • when you reach itemlevel 805 -> quest rewards become 815
    • when you reach itemlevel 815 -> quest rewards become 825
    • when you reach itemlevel 825 -> quest rewards become 835
    • ... TBD

A couple of things we also noticed:
    • The world quest UI (Map) won't show the increased itemlevel for quests you had prior to reaching the breakpoint
    • You still get the reward with the increased itemlevel when completing these quests
    • new quests will show the higher itemlevel for the rewards
    • Some quests grant you items 5 ilvl higher than usual (some rare quests in suramar)
    • In addition a quest reward can get warforged or even titanforged, greatly increasing itemlevel.

Right now i'm 829 so i don't know if you can get a 845 quest reward item (base item, not a war-/titanforged one).

Does anyone know how high the itemlevel can get? When will those quest rewards stop scaling?

I absolutley love this system. You have so much to do & can always do stuff on your own when your buddys don't want to run instances. I really hope those rewards will scale all the way up till you can do raiding.
    This sounds great, but we need a blue confirming that this is how things are intended to be and detailing the numbers.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Very nice. Wondering how this will end up in terms of itemlevel from these quests vs raids/high-end pvp. In any case this feature is shaping up quite nicely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    This sounds great, but we need a blue confirming that this is how things are intended to be and detailing the numbers.
    Agreed, it took some time till we noticed. The first time we realized was when we had 3 players with different ilvls. We than tried figering out the numbers but it is kind of hard to keep track when you don't see the new itemlvl on the map right away.

Deleted
    this sounds amazing

7+ Year Old Account
    About respawn*:
    Raid/world boss probably weekly
    Dungeon probably few days (3 maybe)
    Profession quests probably daily, same might go for group quests (imagine you ask guildie to help with the one you have, but BANG it changes just before he picks it up)
    Solo quests might change more often than that

Emissary (bonus chest for rep) change each day (or that it was announced on Blizzcon) and you are limited to have three, so I presume system similar to HotS/Hearthstone daily quests. Random or rotation (like WOD traders) - no idea.

*not in beta, taking it from what I saw or read since Blizzcon

Deleted
    I hope this scales up to lfr gear, so u dont need to do lfr during gear progression

7+ Year Old Account
    That would be nice - but I'd probably still ignore LFR anyway, unless it's guild group with 2 tanks, 2+ healers and at least 15 people so wait time is short and it's sure that there's more people that know what to do than AFKers or clueless people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    That would be nice - but I'd probably still ignore LFR anyway, unless it's guild group with 2 tanks, 2+ healers and at least 15 people so wait time is short and it's sure that there's more people that know what to do than AFKers or clueless people
    Why would you go into LFR with "guild group" if you can do Normals and get better gear with guild group ? LFR is for people who doesn't have guild. I never ever had in my guild chat someone say "Lets make a group for LFR it will be fun progression" because it isn't. Not doing normals with guild and doing LFR is a massive waste of time and most counter intuitive action ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    Why would you go into LFR with "guild group" if you can do Normals and get better gear with guild group ? LFR is for people who doesn't have guild. I never ever had in my guild chat someone say "Lets make a group for LFR it will be fun progression" because it isn't. Not doing normals with guild and doing LFR is a massive waste of time and most counter intuitive action ever.
    Now I think about it, yeah, the situation I described happened in MoP, when LFR release was not so delayed and had chance at decent trinket, if it follows WoD model there's fortunately no reason to go LFR, at least on main.