The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Singarti View Post
    - The Forsaken completely ignoring the "giant dragon that wants to destroy the world" and instead going on a conquering spree?
    - Sure, man! Good for them! It was a long time coming for that pesky Alliance. That dragon can wait.

- Gilnean King, robbed of his homeland and heir by the Undead, teams up with another Alliance commander to take out a legitimate military target and follow the direct wishes of the new King of Stormwind?
    - HOW FUCKING DARE THEY I HOPE THEY DIE I HOPE GENN DIES FOR ATTACKING SYLVI I HOPE THAT OTHER ALLIANCE WHORE DIES COME ON DEMONS WANT TO DESTROY THE WORLD WE MUST FIGHT TOGETHER YOU STUPID!

That's what's been going on here ever since the intro to Stormheim was data mined. That was... a long time ago. And nothing changed. At all.
    I can think of two rather round reasons that people react differently when Sylvanas is a warmonger than Genn.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't get what people so like on forsaken and Sylvanas (and their genocidal behavior), or why they hate Genn

Sylvanas uses plague? no problem
    Genn uses gunship cannon? OMG the world is ending

/facepalm

Edit:
    Also, after all the loses in Cata, MoP and WoD, there's time that the horde should really lose something. Garrosh doesn't really count because I doubt much people really miss him

RIP Maraad and Taylor :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    jesus christ you guys take your lore way too seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    Yeah, I don't get what people so like on forsaken and Sylvanas (and their genocidal behavior), or why they hate Genn

Sylvanas uses plague? no problem
    Genn uses gunship cannon? OMG the world is ending

/facepalm

Edit:
    Also, after all the loses in Cata, MoP and WoD, there's time that the horde should really lose something. Garrosh doesn't really count because I doubt much people really miss him

RIP Maraad and Taylor :-(
    RIP Nazgrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well honestly I am going to play Legion, but I want to play other games and guess what?
    I finally lost weight and doing more stuff as well.

Still too, anyone know if there is any lore for when Demon Hunters can have ties to the Blood Elves from Burning Crusade?
    Like I am meaning the ones from Kael's army to the ones in Quel'thalas. Could they know each other and stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    RIP Nazgrim.
    I sort of liked him...
    Don't really miss him though.

RIP Nazgrim.
    Nazgrim at the very least had a complete character arc, got the honor of being a raid boss, and is coming back as one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Taylor was killed off camera in the name of balancing and will be moping around our garrison for the rest of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would anyone like if female Trolls got tattoos like the male does?
    I really want my female Troll to get a tattoo.

RIP Nazgrim.
    But unlike Maraad and Taylor his death wasn't the end of him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    jesus christ you guys take your lore way too seriously
    It's and mmoRPG, get over it.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    And if the Legion wins, there won't even be a country for him to take back. So hard as it is, anyone with an ounce of common sense would swallow his pride and just look at the big picture. Revenge won't matter when demons destroy the whole world. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and joining forces with those who did unspeakable things to your people is about the most desperate thing you can do in that situation.
    And if everyone is like "Oh shit the Legion, all hands on deck! Screw the Horde!" then before you know it those guys might just pull one on you the moment you are weak enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, Nazgrim chose his side willingly.
    Taylor died betrayed and Maraad died protecting others.

Yes, Genn chooses pretty bad time to pick on his grudges - but that's fail on Blizzard's storywriting they let this rot too long. It might have been interesting part if added to Alliance-Horde war during Garrosh or something instead of "wait for when we miss some reason for the faction to fight". Or the fact that they decided to make most Alliance characters quite indecisive - and then make up for it with some rush of action without thinking much about consequences.

That was obvious during attack on Theramore. "They are just behind our borders, what do we do?" "Nothing" I mean, the could just move their fleet closer, try to push them away to disrupt their strategy or something.

Same in Cata. "They destroyed Southshore and half of Andorhal, what do we do?" "Nothing, it's too far away"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    It's and mmoRPG, get over it.
    You can enjoy a story in an "mmoRPG" without taking it way too seriously or throwing a hissy fit whenever Blizzard makes a change that you don't like. I think you're the one who needs to get over it, coach. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    And if everyone is like "Oh shit the Legion, all hands on deck! Screw the Horde!" then before you know it those guys might just pull one on you the moment you are weak enough.
    And then they're faced with the exact same problem. Cool, the Alliance is gone... so is the rest of the world! It's a stupid plan for either sides. Sylvanas might be cunning and cruel, but she's seen more than a few wars in her life (and death). She knows what's in her best interest, and her best interest involves having a world to live in. She fears eternal damnation. She does not want to die, and she's not going to stack the odds against her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just want to clear some things...

When do we get to play the Demon Hunters?
    Why did Blizzard choose Illidan now as the Golden Prophecy?
    Will we ever get more new races? Like after Legion hopefully?
    How will Turalyon and Alleria return home?
    Will Khadgar, Danath, Kuradin, and the others if they return join forces again like they did?
    What will the forces of Draenor do if we want aid from them? Will they send it to help us? How will this effect Azeroth?
    Will Azeroth be the same place we know after the third Burning Legion Invasion?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

Will Khadgar, Danath, Kuradin, and the others if they return join forces again like they did?
    What will the forces of Draenor do if we want aid from them? Will they send it to help us? How will this effect Azeroth?
    First question: Some time during prepatch (prepatch required to add the starting zone to game)
    Rest: no one knows
    Last: Probably not lore-wise, likely yes in-game. Same as second (W3) invasion changed Azeroth a lot.

The whole new faction outcry of horde vs alliance is just very wierd ingame portrayed i think, during both broken isle scenarios (horde/alliance) in the beta varian and sylvanas get along just fine when shit hits the fan in front of the tomb of sargeras the alliance marches to the front gate and the horde has their backs behind them at some portals.

Frankly the ending cinematics of the scenarios are not in yet (havent played the scenario in the latest build maybe they are in now ?), but when the scenario ends and horde and alliance get overun by the demons you basically are teleportet out and the alliance accuses the horde of betraying them in letting varian die....i mean what?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

Noone is going to be able to offer anything but theories and assumptions for those questions..

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    You can enjoy a story in an "mmoRPG" without taking it way too seriously or throwing a hissy fit whenever Blizzard makes a change that you don't like. I think you're the one who needs to get over it, coach. ;-)
    This whole lore debate doesn't effect you in any way. If people want to be serious about them, let them. If you are butthurt becuase you have to skip oner or two posts, then I don't see how the problem is on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    The whole new faction outcry of horde vs alliance is just very wierd ingame portrayed i think, during both broken isle scenarios (horde/alliance) in the beta varian and sylvanas get along just fine when shit hits the fan in front of the tomb of sargeras the alliance marches to the front gate and the horde has their backs behind them at some portals.

Frankly the ending cinematics of the scenarios are not in yet (havent played the scenario in the latest build maybe they are in now ?), but when the scenario ends and horde and alliance get overun by the demons you basically are teleportet out and the alliance accuses the horde of betraying them in letting varian die....i mean what?
    It's fucking bizarre to me that Varian and Sylvanas get along just fine considering everything she's done to Stormwind's forces on top of members of other human kingdoms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because Varian is one of those who realize the bigger picture. He probably has his own grudges about the forsaken (Dialogue in Battle for Undercity shows that), but now that there's bigger threat, he's willing to put that aside. He's not the first and probably not the last one.

Some mentions from past:
    Tirion
    Bolvar and Saurfang
    Green Jesus
    Jaina before MoP
    Vol'jin
    Khadgar + Thrall + Maraad (Maraad probably being the one who should hate orcs the most)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    This whole lore debate doesn't effect you in any way. If people want to be serious about them, let them. If you are butthurt becuase you have to skip oner or two posts, then I don't see how the problem is on their part.
    I think you're reading too much into my post, I simply made the observation that some people take their lore way too seriously and need to take it down a notch.