Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The game is filled with people who play with their forehead, so why not make it easier and remove proving grounds requirements. Silver requirement was useless, because it was too easy AND only required for dungeons.
    I'd introduce gold PG for dungeons and LFR most importantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    MMO champion has the weirdest fucking threads of any board ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    No, I will not be playing Overwatch as I have no interest in PvP only games. After watching those animated shorts, it really pisses me off at how they've wasted such a great universe just because free advertisement from streamers > story mode.

That having been said, I like that release time map. It's so much more considerate than "12am <abbreviation for somewhere in America (maybe?)>"
    Just like Diablo, Starcraft or Warcraft at their beginnings, Overwatch its a new ip which have to start somewhere, they can and will expand that new universe as they see fit. The game is just releasing now, and since it has so many heroes from around the world they can literary make single player content in the future for each hero with their own story, rivals e.t.c. This ip releasing now with so little content is just the beginning of something really interesting, they aren't tied to anything in regards to lore, or even gameplay for that matter.

Any chance you could do a break down via class on the proving ground stats ?

I did some basic research showing that Hunters were an order of magnitude easier to get through proving grounds than a Warlock (the worse).

Would love some full blown stats though.

Here are my stats (from WoWprogress) ...

Here is the list of classes in order of easiest to hardest in proving grounds, along with the score for person #23 in their class. I've also added the number of characters with a score of 7000 or higher in endless.

Hunter : 8697, 29@ over 7000 <--- easiest
    Monk : 7593, 25@ over 7000
    Rogue : 7298, 23@ over 7000
    Paladin : 6879, 19@ over 7000
    Druid : 6596 16@ over 7000
    DK : 6372, 13@ over 7000
    Shaman : 5799, 11@ over 7000
    Priest : 5589, 6@ over 7000
    Warrior : 5397, 5@ over 7000
    Mage : 4895, 5@ over 7000
    Warlock : 4397, 4@ over 7000 <--- hardest

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Those statistics make me laugh at the poll that was up a little while back asking about the proving grounds. Like 2000+ people voted endless 30+. Either they were lying or this site makes up less than 1% of the wow playerbase.
    Judging by all the other polls before this, it's the 1% here. Which is to be expected, the average Joe doesn't spend his time on forums. He just plays and has fun and has no interest in spoiler news, whining about the game or deep class guides.

Absolutely no interest in Overwatch

Quote Originally Posted by Kharthus View Post
    Should add a new option to the poll: Sorry, we didn't make it for Macs.
    People play games on those? :O

Quote Originally Posted by thebiglloydtree View Post
    Absolutely no interest in Overwatch
    I did - but during the weekend beta realised that without a movement toggle function, it was going to be too physically painful for me to play.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Blizzard missed out on making Overwatch the next great MMO instead it a worthless first person shooter with nothing to it.

Quote Originally Posted by teidden View Post
    Blizzard missed out on making Overwatch the next great MMO instead it a worthless first person shooter with nothing to it.
    Overwatch is basically what remains of project Titan. They were struggling to get all of the elements to work well but saw that this FPS--which is far from "worthless"--worked really well on its own, so they salvaged it from the wreckage along with all of the Lore that we've been seeing to give it context and backstory.

I, too, would have loved to have seen this in an MMO setting, but I tend to believe them when they say it just wasn't working out and rather than bringing out an MMO that would have been a mess they snipped out this tiny part of it which has proven very successful even before launch. I look forward to its further development.

all hail glorious PC master race

that said i think even die hard console gamers mostly agree first person shooters and consoles are 'nope'.

except that at least 20 people bought the game for PS4/Xbox so whatta ya know...

loved the short, the saturday morning cartoon vibe overwatch has greatly arouses me in my weirdest places

i managed to get the game 10 dollars cheaper via getting the 30 day free trial of amazon prime and then even with shipping, AUD conversion and all that i got it cheaper than the official blizzard storefront. (and that's a boxed copy not a digital key)

Did the same with legion for even great effect, 51 AUD, that's like, 42 USD? The storefront is like LOL 70 DOLLARS OR FLUNK SQUIRT

But they made the unwise assumption that I am not a huge fucking jew. (I got it's Box, also... gonna dig right into that box)

Yeah, I'll have to wait a little to play it, but I suspect we'll have an error 37-ish fiasco again. So I won't really be losing out on much, besides I've got Assessments to do and gamedev after that so the wait will be ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Those statistics make me laugh at the poll that was up a little while back asking about the proving grounds. Like 2000+ people voted endless 30+. Either they were lying or this site makes up less than 1% of the wow playerbase.
    Considering the Overwatch Poll is 7,000 ish voters while the WoW playerbase has like, millions, you're probably right. :]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I, too, would have loved to have seen this in an MMO setting
    I wouldn't.

Overwatch is actually fun, and not a second job I have to pay for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teidden View Post
    I love how confident you are in your entirely wrong opinions.
    Last edited by Bizarre Monkey; 2016-05-23 at 08:59 AM.

not surprised at all by those stats not may people were interested in PG after what was required to use LFG

Deleted
    After reading a review which stated there are grindy elements in Overwatch, this was the final nail in the coffin for me. I am not a big fan of shooters, and having to grind for gear or anything there - no, thanks. Also: no storymode - no cookies.

i wish the next warcraft movie are full animated. look at the fantastic overwatch shorties.
    mix this with a good non orc story and the next warcraft movie will be perfect!

Ermergerd here come the graphs!

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    No Overwatch for me, no story mode at all and the only FPS I played was the Mass Effect series but only for story and not the shooting!
    Mass Effect is not FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    After reading a review which stated there are grindy elements in Overwatch, this was the final nail in the coffin for me. I am not a big fan of shooters, and having to grind for gear or anything there - no, thanks. Also: no storymode - no cookies.
    Grindy? What is exactly meant by that? Its a pvp shooter with all characters released. Your profile levels up and you verse other people.
    Would you or this person call counter strike grindy? Or hearthstone coz its the same premise u cue.and you play.
    I guess that's grindy coz its the same gameplay over and over.
    I always interpret grindy as killing mobs for leather over and over rather than doin raids or battlegrounds on repeat.
    Last edited by maccajoe; 2016-05-23 at 09:42 AM.

omg I'm the 1% that did all 3 endless 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    People play games on those? :O
    Very much so, especially Blizzard games. Hell Blizzard already support the Metal API for OS X for Legion.

Metal being Apple's own low level graphics API, similar to DX12 and Vulkan.

I do wonder why the Overwatch development team aren't supporting the *Nix fellows though.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Except you're not grinding for gear. There are no "ultimate weapons" or whatever to unlock--all characters have their weapon(s) and abilities right from the start. You basically only have to "grind" if you want different skins/emotes/sprays. The rest of the time you're just playing the game.

Following LFR defendant arguments :

WOW! 95,1% of the playerbase completed Proving Grounds Bronze on at least 1 role! Most successful feature in the game! MORE!

No, it's a crappy feature and people are forced into it in order to do anything else...

LFR does it by being the only raid model rewarding valor points... woohoo.

clever design if you ask me. /s

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Following LFR defendant arguments :

WOW! 95,1% of the playerbase completed Proving Grounds Bronze on at least 1 role! Most successful feature in the game! MORE!

No, it's a crappy feature and people are forced into it in order to do anything else...

LFR does it by being the only raid model rewarding valor points... woohoo.

clever design if you ask me. /s
    Never felt forced into doing it at all. But it shouldn't be the only difficulty to award valor I agree there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valentyn View Post
    Very much so, especially Blizzard games. Hell Blizzard already support the Metal API for OS X for Legion.

Metal being Apple's own low level graphics API, similar to DX12 and Vulkan.

I do wonder why the Overwatch development team aren't supporting the *Nix fellows though.
    Tbh I think apple are getting worse at design recently. Especially with their AIO Imacs. Plus personally I think they are way too overpriced.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-23 at 11:12 AM.