Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I would say that you'd be wrong.
    Ok you're right. Sometimes people say racist stuff and no one notices it and then nothing happens. So I guess I should have been more specific. The point is that if a comment has gone viral and is being noticed because of racist commentary, that happened because it has generated an angry response which gets people worked up, which is basically inciting violence. And just because incitements of violence don't always translate directly into violence, the fact that they have the potential to do so is a good reason to avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I'd expect that to change if youtube made the private business decision to not endorse the bathroom stuff and take down pro-trans videos on the matter.
    No, now you are just jumping to conclusions.

Look. Aside from the fun I was having earlier my position is this. A privately owned area can do what they want with the content in that area. They can remove you if they want to. I would agree with Youtube's right to do such but how I feel about it is a separate area and technically irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    Omg. xD Are you real?
    Personally I am finding it hard to see how the inherent obviousness of my statement isn't apparent to everyone. Maybe though letting me know what your particular issue with the statement is might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Ok you're right. Sometimes people say racist stuff and no one notices it and then nothing happens. So I guess I should have been more specific. The point is that if a comment has gone viral and is being noticed because of racist commentary, that happened because it has generated an angry response which gets people worked up, which is basically inciting violence. And just because incitements of violence don't always translate directly into violence, the fact that they have the potential to do so is a good reason to avoid them.
    False, making someone mad is no inciting violence.

youtube can ban whoever they want to

has nothing to do with first amendment

then agaein I was wondering if this was some sort of social experiment ... she seemed a bit odd

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Personally I am finding it hard to see how the inherent obviousness of my statement isn't apparent to everyone. Maybe though letting me know what your particular issue with the statement is might help.
    Expressing a racist opinion is almost guaranteed to incite violence is how you are wrong. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity_09 View Post

Look. Aside from the fun I was having earlier my position is this. A privately owned area can do what they want with the content in that area. They can remove you if they want to. I would agree with Youtube's right to do such but how I feel about it is a separate area and technically irrelevant.
    Again, we know what Youtube can do. But that doesn't make it morally correct.

She does not look like she is of aryan descent though, does she?
    I hope she knows that she would have had no place in Hitlers "paradise".

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not religious so maybe I'm not qualified to discuss what the face of angels should look like, but she looks derpy and unhinged to me more than attractive: I kind of assume an angel would be attractive, and/or not necessarily human.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    She does not look like she is of aryan descent though, does she?
    I hope she knows that she would have had no place in Hitlers "paradise".
    eva braum had brown hair

jus sayn

Again, we know what Youtube can do. But that doesn't make it morally correct.
    Are we having an argument of morality right now? I though we were still blundering through the definition of free speech.
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    eva braum had brown hair

jus sayn
    Light brown, almost red. Not like this youtuber.
    And I belive it's Braun.

Hitlers himself would be fucked though but hey, stupid people, eh?

7+ Year Old Account
    She seems like a fruitloop, wouldn't watch her videos. Youtube has full rights to take down videos off their platform.

Are we having an argument of morality right now? I though we were still blundering through the definition of free speech.
    Nope, we all know that Youtube can ban/shadowban/block whoever they want. Just like Twitter and Facebook.

Nope, we all know that Youtube can ban/shadowban/block whoever they want. Just like Twitter and Facebook.
    /thread? 10chars

Deleted
    What is free speech and what isn't, varies from country to country. Here in Sweden, expressing disrespect can be enough to get you convicted for hate speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I'm not religious so maybe I'm not qualified to discuss what the face of angels should look like, but she looks derpy and unhinged to me more than attractive: I kind of assume an angel would be attractive, and/or not necessarily human.
    Yeah I don't see the attraction either, but to each their own brand of crazy I guess.

I actually wish youtube was a bit more proactive with banning people who are blatantly hateful to the extreme like this. It's not as bad as twitch chat, but it can get close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I'm absolutely sure you actually give a shit about the ramifications about them doing what they wish when you went full out to justify it.

/thread? 10chars
    Nope.

10chars

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    then agaein I was wondering if this was some sort of social experiment ... she seemed a bit odd
    just a prank bro