Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    it is remarkably easy to not invade Poland
    Are you sure? They're so easy to invade people just accidentally do it. Like Russia and Germany and crusaders and even Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    To be fair you're in for some Geography and History lessons since:

a) You can't possibly move either Hungary nor Greece out of Europe, since they are both physically located on the continental Europe and
    b) the name Europe, and all the values EU is based on, are products of Greek civilization =)

Maybe you meant the eurozone?

no it isn`t. the greek had the first democracy that we know of............that doesn`t mean the democracy we have to today come from the greek. the democracy in western Europe started with magna carta in England...and continued step by step in the renaissance to the big break through with the french revolution.

a greek civilization 2500 years ago, got little to do with the way Europe works today

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Are you sure? They're so easy to invade people just accidentally do it. Like Russia and Germany and crusaders and even Sweden.
    Hmm, you could be right.

I was strolling to my kitchen just now and suddenly found myself driving a tank through Warsaw. Goddamnit Poland!

Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
    Cameron is in no position to make anything up in terms of EU. With his anti-EU politics he dropped any value for all EU citizens who do not want to drop out. Turkey is very important, more important than UK currently. So let them become EU-member already.

turkey more important then the uk........... are you for real?? turkey can not be trusted as an ally = not important
    Last edited by wooters; 2016-05-23 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    Pretty much for loads of reasons.

1. Common agricultural policy funding
    2. free movement of people
    3. human rights
    4. currently in spillover war, conflict in the SE
    5. Amount of votes Turkey would have in EU parliment
    6. Cyprus

and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by McDeloud View Post
    David Cameron: "It is not remotely on the cards that Turkey is going to join the EU any time soon. They applied in 1987. At the current rate of progress they will probably get round to joining in about the year 3000 according to the latest forecasts.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7041986.html
    and
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/...nts-Libya.html

---
    He has previously supported their application for membership and promised to help. Is he just backpedaling now?
    No he is being realist. Lately with all the issues happening in Turkey and the requirement to actually move on in the process, Turkey has got a mountain to climb just to have its case heard, nevermind its case put in a roadmap.

Turkey is SO far behind, there is NO way it will be allowed to put in an application to join. So all racists and scare mongering rightwing imbecile can sleep assured. it wont happen in our generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I say we just ignore that entire region.

Ofcourse, kicking out Turkey is pointless at this point. So not in favour of it. Assuming Erdogan, our favourite goatfucker, does not start to demand anything in return for staying in the NATO.
    Turkey is the one who borders Russia, they need us more than we need them.
    What you do not understand is that international politics is all about being shady and "spineless". The moment Turkey is alienated from Western alliance, it will ally with Russia. National interests are bigger than individuals' pride. You know who will lose from this action? West. A pure lost. You think Russia will start a war with Turkey because it's alone? Making Turkey your friend is better than fighting with Turkey and when Turkey is "kicked" from a Western alliance, you be damn sure they will ally with Russia and perhaps China.

Netherlands is expandable as it offers neither a sizable army, nor a strategic position. Turkey, on the other hand, is one of the most valuable members of NATO because it has a big army, and a strategic position. I am not saying this because I am a Turkish nationalist who perceives his country's worth more than it is, this is pretty much "international politics post-1950 101". Anyone with a half brain would confirm what I am saying here.

Turkey can't make any demands that is allowed in NATO's articles. NATO is not a joke organization.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-05-23 at 10:21 AM.

I just don't have any faith in Cameron to have any control or impact on EU and its policies. They've repeatedly shown they care little for his ideas and requirements, despite how much he bigs up that we're some big important decision maker there.

Say we do have a veto, if the EU believes it's in their best interest anyway they'll likely just veto our veto.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Next time when you post, just consider you don't know jackshit about what you are about to write. NATO arms no one. NATO expects countries to arm themselves.

These gulliable Europeans, they are so easily fooled. NATO's Turkey joining Islamic NATO? You guys are insane. NATO (USA) conducted a fucking coup in this country. 1980 coup is sometimes called NATO coup, referring to USA.
    Sure, mate, you know a lot of jackshit about NATO's policies. You are super-duper knowledgeable without being in touch with the real world Next time when before you post do a random search on google.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mi...0TK4R320151201

Turkey's defense is heavily supported by NATO. However, Turkey is already well-armed on the offense so they considered and probably still consider a joint operation in Syria and Yemen together with Saudi Arabia and Qatar

http://www.euronews.com/2016/02/16/t...tion-in-syria/

This joint operation was going to support the anti-government forces, unofficially probably also ISIS, and basically enter combat actions against Kurds, Syria and Iran troops and the Russian air support. Thank God, the US didn't authorize this operation.

Turkey and Saudi Arabia do not comfortable being US pawns nowadays and they are thinking of their own political and military union.

(can't find the exact word but the message was clearly stated at the recent Istanbul summit)
    http://www.euronews.com/2016/04/15/i...tanbul-summit/

Modern Turkey today doesn't have anything to do with Turkey in 1980 and the army, which is considered a guardian of the secular republic, is in total control of Erdogan. Many of the generals, who followed the Kemalist tradition of state secularism, are in the jail with treason charges.

I know a lot of good Turkish people who oppose to Erdogan. Some of them participated in the protests few years ago and ran away from the country because of repressions. Yet another sad story of a dictator in oblivion, supported by either the US (as the primer with Erdogan), China or Russia, who already started making a huge mess in his country, the region and the world. Wtf would be this Turkey doing in the EU?
    Last edited by mmocbd6f7263f8; 2016-05-23 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikkd View Post
    Sure, mate, you know a lot of jackshit about NATO's policies. You are super-duper knowledgeable without being in touch with the real world Next time when before you post do a random search on google.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mi...0TK4R320151201

Turkey's defense is heavily supported by NATO. However, Turkey is already well-armed on the offense so they considered and probably still consider a joint operation in Syria and Yemen together with Saudi Arabia and Qatar

http://www.euronews.com/2016/02/16/t...tion-in-syria/

This joint operation was going to support the anti-government forces, unofficially probably also ISIS, and basically enter combat actions against Kurds, Syria and Iran troops and the Russian air support. Thank God, the US didn't authorize this operation.

Turkey and Saudi Arabia do not comfortable being US pawns nowadays and they are thinking of their own political and military union.

(can't find the exact word but the message was clearly stated at the recent Istanbul summit)
    http://www.euronews.com/2016/04/15/i...tanbul-summit/

Modern Turkey today doesn't have anything to do with Turkey in 1980 and the army, which is considered a guardian of the secular republic, is in total control of Erdogan. Many of the generals, who followed the Kemalist tradition of state secularism, are in the jail with treason charges.

I know a lot of good Turkish people who oppose to Erdogan. Some of them participated in the protests few years ago and ran away from the country because of repressions. Yet another sad story of a dictator in oblivion, supported by either the US (as the primer with Erdogan), China or Russia, who already started making a huge mess in his country, the region and the world. Wtf would be this Turkey doing in the EU?
    You are lecturing a Turk about Turkey. And maybe random articles on google which lacks any sort of sophistication is your problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Say we do have a veto, if the EU believes it's in their best interest anyway they'll likely just veto our veto.
    We do have a veto, you can not veto the veto. It would not be a veto if you could veto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Hmm, you could be right.

I was strolling to my kitchen just now and suddenly found myself driving a tank through Warsaw. Goddamnit Poland!
    Goddammit that made me laugh out loud. Reminds of the Family Guy bit with Brian and Stewie on a guided tour in Germany. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbijTxhdbG0
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    You are lecturing a Turk about Turkey. And maybe random articles on google which lacks any sort of sophistication is your problem?
    I am not lecturing anyone, komşu, just stating well-known facts.

It appeared that Turkey filled their pants with shit when Russia reacted to the controversial nuking of its aircraft and asked NATO for support immediately. Even the US got speechless for a while about this idiocy. Was it bombing the oil tanks from ISIS to Turkey?

Tell us the current state of the affairs, you seem to have more sophisticated info. We are not so informed. So Turkey is a big shot in the world nowadays, right? And we must be content with everything Turks do because we don't know geopolitics and no one has the right to criticize them?
    Last edited by mmocbd6f7263f8; 2016-05-23 at 12:54 PM.

Good, I don't want them there. Especially with a leader that wants to punish people for insulting him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Constantinople is part of Europe though.
    Kaliningrad is part of Europe as well, but Russia doesn't get to join the EU either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    What you do not understand is that international politics is all about being shady and "spineless". The moment Turkey is alienated from Western alliance, it will ally with Russia.
    Haha, in your current state? Yes, i'm sure of that.

I am not lecturing anyone, komşu, just stating well-known facts.

It appeared that Turkey filled their pants with shit when Russia reacted to the controversial nuking of its aircraft and asked NATO for support immediately. Even the US got speechless for a while about this idiocy. Was it bombing the oil tanks from ISIS to Turkey?

Tell us the current state of the affairs, you seem to have more sophisticated info. We are not so informed. So Turkey is a big shot in the world nowadays, right? And we must be content with everything Turks do because we don't know geopolitics and no one has the right to criticize them?
    You stated Turkey's defense is "heavily" supported by NATO. Incorrect. Turkey only uses NATO's air shields (patriots) and some of them, the ones belong to Germany, are withdrawn in the past months. You even claimed NATO arms Turkey freely. This horseshit you just spewed here is completely incompatible with how NATO operates. NATO expects its members to spend a portion of their GDP to arming themselves. You claim Turkey shat its pant. They knew it was a Russian jet or the existence of possibility of being a Russian jet. If Turkey scared to shitless from Russia, the jet wouldn't be shot down in the first place. Not that I think this was the right move.

Your well-known facts are utter misinformation, hence next time when you post, just consider this. You can criticize Turkey all you want, just do not spread misinformation. If you have noticed, this thread is filled with critiques of Turkey. Some of them are spot on. The problem with Europeans' contemporary anger towards Turkey is an expectation problem. They expect Europe to handle every problem in a way that is highly convenient to them. Turkey blackmailing EU isn't compatible with this delusion of grandeur, hence the European anger. Expect to get angry quite regularly in near future.

A strong leader isn't going to solve your problems. In fact, it might make it harder. You are free the feel anyway you want, however, Europe or Europeans being content with Turkey is irrelevant. You have no control over the situation.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-05-23 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

He has a feetish for the Ottoman Empire and probably also for Recep Tayyip "goatfucker" Erdoğan.
    Just let him believe in his fairy tales.

Deleted
    Your well-known facts are utter misinformation, hence next time when you post, just consider this. You can criticize Turkey all you want, just do not spread misinformation. If you have noticed, this thread is filled with critiques of Turkey. Some of them are spot on. The problem with Europeans' contemporary anger towards Turkey is an expectation problem. They expect Europe to handle every problem in a way that is highly convenient to them. Turkey blackmailing EU isn't compatible with this delusion of grandeur, hence the European anger. Expect to get angry quite regularly in near future..
    This is a pretty crude yet accurate depiction of the current situation to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    He has a feetish for the Ottoman Empire and probably also for Recep Tayyip "goatfucker" Erdoğan.
    Just let him believe in his fairy tales.
    Who Kuntantee? Lol no he doesnt.

By the rules and regulations logic, even Turkmenistan could once adhere to the EU right?

In the past 20 years Europe, especially Western Europe has changed a lot, and for the worst! This forced "assimilation" shoved down the throat of countries and political correctness is going to run the Old Continent into the ground. Just look at what is largely happening to parts of the UK, Sweden, Germany, and especially Belgium and France.

And no, I am not racist or anything alike, but if European migrants (of any sort) would go to the Middle East, and try to pull half the shit, Middle Easterners pull in Europe, they'd be thrown in jail or executed for breaking "Sharia Law". In Europe, we don't have any more laws or any Remanence of "European Symbolism", we just have blind acceptance promoted by the West.

In a way I find it ironic, for so many years, Western Europe has looked down on Eastern Europeans, making it terribly hard for them to get VISA's, if at all, while taking in hoards of migrants from North Africa & Middle East etc. And look how well that has worked out for them...

You reap what you sow...