Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I second Great Teacher Onizuka and Azumanga Daioh. GTO does have some sad moments I'd say but its generally a feel good anime over all as whatever happens there's usually an upside. Azumanga is just hilarious.

There are a few others

Seitokai Yakuindomo
    Minami-Ke
    Bakuman
    Non Non Biyori
    Hanasuke Iroha
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-02-19 at 07:22 AM.

Hunter X Hunter made me so happy during a down period in my life. Just seeing Gon be so positive despite his obstacles really motivated me to try harder to achieve happiness. It's a long one though, but the episodes start to fly by.

FMA: Brotherhood, always a strong one. Serious, not just magic users running around.

I just finished Unlimited Blade Works. The story was fine, but the animation was absolutely beautiful.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2016-02-19 at 07:24 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

If you like tanks a fun anime I saw was Girls un panzor, think that's what it was called.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    If you want an amazing mecha watch Eureka Seven the first one not astral ocean. It was the best Anime I have ever seen its pretty much a love story of a boy as he becomes a man with giant sky surfing robot fights. The ending had me in tears because it was so sad and happy at the same time.
    YES. i watched the first few episodes and it was AMAZINGGG, need to jump back on that ship

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shigatsu Wa Kimi No uso , trust me you will feel good about your own life after seeing this.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    good, intelligent, deep, fun, loving Anime to help pass the spare time in between work and the gym
    Assassination Classroom and Flying Witch, two excellent comedic anime. The first one has some action in it, and the second is a slow paced slice of life. Assassination Classroom can be watched on Funimation (which has a free tree) dubbed (which I would strongly recommend), and Flying Witch can be watched subbed on Crunchyroll (which also has a free trial, but no dub yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Hunter X Hunter made me so happy during a down period in my life. Just seeing Gon be so positive despite his obstacles really motivated me to try harder to achieve happiness. It's a long one though, but the episodes start to fly by.
    I somehow made it stone-faced through most of the show. Something about the 'reunited' moment at the end of the Chimaera Ant arc just destroyed me, I blubbered like a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    One Punch Man.
    I love this one. It's helped me be in better spirits. So funny and full of action.

7+ Year Old Account
    True story. Once I was going through a bad time in my life, I ended up watching One Piece, and it lifted my spirit so much that I decided to do the Basic formation of the Merchant Marine in order to work in a ship.
    I didn't became a pirate (damn!), but it definetely changed my life for good.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Gekkan Shojo Nozaki-kun - a brilliant romance/comedy story. It will really make you laugh out loud.
    Steins;Gate if you're into time travel/conspiracies.
    Those Who Hunt Elves - a silly low-budget anime about a bunch of people from our world trapped in a fantasy land. Some of the comedy is gold-quality though and the characters are really likeable.
    Silver Spoon - a pretty good series about students of an agricultural school (although the first season is better than the second). You're bound to learn some interesting things while watching it.

However, I wouldn't recommend Shokugeki no Soma. The start is promising, but the series is filled with pretentious (and lengthy) descriptions of various dishes and lots of bad anime tropes. I gets very repetitive very quickly, to the point where I stopped watching like 75% through.