Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    @Eleccybubb
    One last question: Do I also need to pay for PS plus?
    Hmm. I don't think so. I only really play on PC but I'm about 80% sure you don't have to.

@Eleccybubb

I would give you reputation for these replies with the speed of light, if we had reputation system. Ty!

@Eleccybubb

I would give you reputation for these replies with the speed of light, if we had reputation system. Ty!
    Yeah it's a day off so I usually spend time here

15+ Year Old Account
    @Eleccybubb
    One last question: Do I also need to pay for PS plus?
    No, PS Plus is not required to play FFXIV.

I am planning to buy this for my father. He's a complete noob when it comes to games and he has very poor eye-hand coordination. Tab targetting is appropriate for him, one of the reasons why I am interested in this game. We bought ESO but it is too hard to control for him. Never launched the game again, it was a mistake. Do you recommend this game in PS4? Like how crowded the servers are etc., and how soloable the game is? My father doesn't mind playing solo up to level cap and progressing beyond. Do you think game is more complex than WoW? He manages to play WoW just fine but something more complex could be an issue.

Some more questions, ty in advance.

- How big the game world is?
    - Are the zones seamless? Like in WoW.
    - Does it feel good when playing with a ps4 controller?
    - What is your overall impression about this game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Pay for box and sub based. You have 2 choices.
    Standard which lets you have loads of characters £8.99
    Entry which is only one character but £7.69. (You can be every class on one character as well)
    Also game comes with 30 days like all sub games.
    To clarify this it is wow sub price fir the one with multiple characters and like 12.99 us dollars for single character unless you sub 6 months then it is like 12.99 a month for multi characters but paid in bulk.

Also their is a free trial and it is getting an upgrade soon to level 35

As for psn nope not needed at all

Oh and servers are shared soooo ps4 of ps3 players all play together. This means if you someday get the PC version you can play your same characters on pc.

And no no sub increase and you'd get an extra free 30 days actually.

Also ps4 amd pc can be controller ir keyboard and mouse though the game works VERY well with controllers

The subscription fee also contributes towards special rewards that are awarded to each character after being subscribed for a set amount of time. This includes in-game pets, mounts, neat looking gear and a bunch of other options. Content patches are usually released on a consistent basis so I feel like the subscription fee for FFXIV is a lot more justified than it is for certain other MMO's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am planning to buy this for my father. He's a complete noob when it comes to games and he has very poor eye-hand coordination. Tab targetting is appropriate for him, one of the reasons why I am interested in this game. We bought ESO but it is too hard to control for him. Never launched the game again, it was a mistake. Do you recommend this game in PS4? Like how crowded the servers are etc., and how soloable the game is? My father doesn't mind playing solo up to level cap and progressing beyond. Do you think game is more complex than WoW? He manages to play WoW just fine but something more complex could be an issue.

Some more questions, ty in advance.

- How big the game world is?
    - Are the zones seamless? Like in WoW.
    - Does it feel good when playing with a ps4 controller?
    - What is your overall impression about this game?
    Ok first the game world is zoned think Gw2 and ESO

The game world is plenty large

Controllers are very good(I prefer it myself) and most servers have decent populations

Complexity wise think wrath wow sooo easier at points harder then others

Their is ALOT to do though between season events that change every year to the gold saucer(an rts like pet minigame,a card game called triple triad from ffviii, chocobobracing think Mario kart lite) to maps(random treasure chest locations you hunt down) 4 man dungeons 2 per latch with over 0 in game already easy mode 24 man raids slightly easy 8 man raids trials(think trashes raids) savage(mythic) raids, beast tribe dailies(fully optional) and ALOT more

Group content begins at 15 with the first 3 dungeons

The game overall is very solo friendly and they even have a training hall at 15 doing it will award a full set of armor for said class(you can run it as all roles to get all gear)and a ring that gives bonus xp to 30

Honestly the game fee,s like world of Warcraft refined in many ways,

Oh as a side thing their is an entire chat channel built in to help new players.

Oh and the God is 2.5 seconds but it gets filled up later.

I am going to assume you know you can be all classes on one character.

Oh yeah amd to enter the expansion you do have to finish alot of story quests be sure to look up dungeon unlocks at 50 as well their are something like 12+ dungeons at 50 added in patches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The subscription fee also contributes towards special rewards that are awarded to each character after being subscribed for a set amount of time. This includes in-game pets, mounts, neat looking gear and a bunch of other options. Content patches are usually released on a consistent basis so I feel like the subscription fee for FFXIV is a lot more justified than it is for certain other MMO's.
    Don't forget regular patches I mean hell they are adding a new holiday just to fill a gap and getting a new big patch in 2 weeks or so

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Oh yeah amd to enter the expansion you do have to finish alot of story quests be sure to look up dungeon unlocks at 50 as well their are something like 12+ dungeons at 50 added in patches.
    What do you mean by "to enter expansion"?

Uh, is selling housing plot relinquishes now against the TOS? Can't get an official reply from SE, just contradicting GM screenshots from players...Funny thing is, I know so many who have done it very recently, not for profit, only because of migrating servers, they at least have had no warnings issued or any kind of action taken against them (using Party Finder).

15+ Year Old Account
    i cant wait for that supposed youkai watch cross over event it interests me greatly.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

There is an xpac called Heavensward. Basically you have to finish the main story quests of 2.0-2.5 to access it. And have it purchased obviously. A lot of content is gated behind getting the 50 and 60 main story quests done.

http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Dungeons - For what Sorrior was on about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so you can buy the expansion but the expansion zones and thus classes cannot be accessed until you finish the story quests through 2.55 which is over 100 quests that do give xp. So he will probably be 53-54 upon entering the expansion

This game is VERY VERY story driven so it has alot of cuts eyes most of which are not voiced at pow level but get more and more voice acting the further you go.
    So alot of reading too unless you skip it.

My advice is unless you want to be an aura(and even then you do get a free account bound race change item from one months sub) get it at 49 so you can maximize xp.

Without expansion, will I be able to level up to 50 (or 60 whatever the cap is) and enter dungeons?

Without expansion, will I be able to level up to 50 (or 60 whatever the cap is) and enter dungeons?
    Yes. But the dungeons require a short quest just to go there and unlock them for queueing. Most of the dungeons at 50 are side quests but they require the quest "The Ultimate Weapon" to be completed before you can pick them up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Uh, is selling housing plot relinquishes now against the TOS? Can't get an official reply from SE, just contradicting GM screenshots from players...Funny thing is, I know so many who have done it very recently, not for profit, only because of migrating servers, they at least have had no warnings issued or any kind of action taken against them (using Party Finder).
    Basically, if you're going to do it, do all the talking about price etc outside of game. But yes, technically it is against ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Basically, if you're going to do it, do all the talking about price etc outside of game. But yes, technically it is against ToS.
    Kind of like Fantasia and promise bracelets then. Except selling the bracelet is actually ok from a ticket I made. According to the GM selling the code is a no no but selling the direct item such as the bracelets is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Odd, nowhere in TOS does it say that trading in-game services for in-game currency would be wrong. Especially if you mention directly that you are only selling the action of freeing up the plot for sale...But how are people selling the plots if they cannot use in-game ways of communicating?

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Odd, nowhere in TOS does it say that trading in-game services for in-game currency would be wrong. Especially if you mention directly that you are only selling the action of freeing up the plot for sale...But how are people selling the plots if they cannot use in-game ways of communicating?
    Voip or out of game messaging I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    50 in base game yes and people DO still run the 50 raids.

You won't have access to the expansion areas and to the expansion dungeons skills or 3 classes of dark knight(death Knight kinda) Astrologian and machinist(gun user)

You will also got gain xp for dungeons raids and story quests why I suggest getting it at 49 you do not need it when you buy the game