What's happening throughout this thread is hardly discussing. Some of it is, sure, but most posts are direct attacks and insults between people who have no interest in discussing anything, but simply try and bully over other people thoughts or opinions.

That's the thing, but hey, it IS the internet, and people like to act like fucking idiots for no particular reason.

Carry on, i'll let myself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh good lord, yeah try not to sprain your arm while patting yourself on the back there. Prove wrong at every corner? How exactly? Because you claim it is so? Most of us are arguing our opinion as to why we think it is a bad idea or might fail. You seem to be arguing that everything you say is the truth and you are right about Legacy. Makes arguing/debating a topic pretty damn silly.
    Not yet sprained my arm while patting myself on the back. Thanks for checking in.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a few things i miss about classic, but not the classic game(play) itself.

Almost faction balanced Realms, everything server intern, muich less toxic player behavior bcs. of server intern.

Those were good times ...

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    TL;DR. IDGAF what you think, and I don't expect any outcome either way - which is why I'm asking if anything is still happening. I have 4 posts in this entire thread (coincidentally, you have several hundred despite assuming nothing at all will happen at the end...). This shit is on the periphery for me.

Maybe chill that rage boner, bro. It's not good for your blood pressure to get this mad about a game made by a company you don't work for.
    I wasn't "raging" - it's interesting and amusing that you're accusing me of that. I asked an honest question, and I get snotty rudeness back. Great. Thanks for the discussion, I guess. LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bunch of bloody children I swear from both sides.

Fortunately, I doubt any of this circle jerk of mutual incomprehension matters.

What will matter is what Blizz does. And I don't think they've agreed to meet with Nost reps for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Thanks for provingonce again that you are full of bs.
    #1 Otherwise you would link your mythic progressing char because mythic is way more harder then vanilla EVER was.
    #2 so getting a vanilla server how do you accomplish progression? right, you dont cause its been done 10 years ago.....

yeah farming for hours the same place feels so much like an accomplishment - not.

thats got to be the worst anology ever made on mmoc....

would you link your world top 10 mythic char? oh right what you said was never true....

whats next you wanna feel the same way when you got your first kiss?....
    I don't disagree that Mythic is harder than Vanilla, but i've already cleared this dungeon twice with Normal and Heroic versions and by the 3rd time it feels less like progression and more like grinding. Just my opinion. You can hold a different one but it's how I view it. As for the progression? Same sense of accomplishment and progression I get when I replay FF8 and get the King Tonberry....

Grinding through ZG to get your Exalted Neck? Hell yeah I found that more meaningful than the current freebie epics for clicking a piece of dirt in the ground. The comparable item now would be the Legendary Ring I guess. What the hell is legendary about something EVERYONE GETS? Legendary was an item that rarely would you see 2 people with at any given time. That meant that gear had some meaning when you got it.

What is the rest of your post even about? You don't like my anology? Fine. Why do you want me to link a world top 10 mythic char? Why the fuck are you talking about kissing? Mate you're weird AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    I don't disagree that Mythic is harder than Vanilla, but i've already cleared this dungeon twice with Normal and Heroic versions and by the 3rd time it feels less like progression and more like grinding. Just my opinion. You can hold a different one but it's how I view it. As for the progression? Same sense of accomplishment and progression I get when I replay FF8 and get the King Tonberry....

Grinding through ZG to get your Exalted Neck? Hell yeah I found that more meaningful than the current freebie epics for clicking a piece of dirt in the ground. The comparable item now would be the Legendary Ring I guess. What the hell is legendary about something EVERYONE GETS? Legendary was an item that rarely would you see 2 people with at any given time. That meant that gear had some meaning when you got it.

What is the rest of your post even about? You don't like my anology? Fine. Why do you want me to link a world top 10 mythic char? Why the fuck are you talking about kissing? Mate you're weird AF.
    Tbh reason I think people view 40 man raiding as harder is because it felt harder with more players. Naxx looked hard as hell I admit but I've seen plenty of videos of the others and it just looks like a zergfest tbh especially Molten Core. Also yeah I agree with you on the whole "how is it legendary if everyone has it" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbh reason I think people view 40 man raiding as harder is because it felt harder with more players. Naxx looked hard as hell I admit but I've seen plenty of videos of the others and it just looks like a zergfest tbh especially Molten Core. Also yeah I agree with you on the whole "how is it legendary if everyone has it" part.
    Thanks, appreciate your response.

The skill of gamers and add-ons available make a big difference in difficulty. I've got an addon called GTFO which literally sounds like a siren if im standing in fire. Put that in place and you'll mitigate a whole lot.

Some of the fights were hard for different reasons i.e. 4 Horsemen was insane because of the tanks required, which a few were just technically difficult. Agree with the more players bit - hard enough getting 20 to do what they should let alone 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Thanks, appreciate your response.

The skill of gamers and add-ons available make a big difference in difficulty. I've got an addon called GTFO which literally sounds like a siren if im standing in fire. Put that in place and you'll mitigate a whole lot.

Some of the fights were hard for different reasons i.e. 4 Horsemen was insane because of the tanks required, which a few were just technically difficult. Agree with the more players bit - hard enough getting 20 to do what they should let alone 40.
    To be honest they could just scale Flex up to 40 today and it would work because it's still optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Facts. I will give him props though for not telling everyone to F off yet this time around in the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

When people have been proven wrong at every corner ad-hominem arguments are the only way to argue anymore. I've been guilty of it as I'm sure other people have been. Sadly you have to keep arguing the same old stuff to the same people doing it over and over so that the random spectator doesn't fall trap to the bait that is them. For example the guy that just posted that he isn't readying all the previous pages.
    Prove wrong? There's nothing to prove right or wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    It's adorable, isn't it? They actually believe that if they post it, it's true.
    Indeed, whenever a anti-legacy zealot voices his/her opinion, that opinion somehow turns into facts (because they say so..). Those who does not share anti-legacy warriors' opinions ("facts"), are wrong.

I cba to read through this thread, but I just wanted to know if they have had that meeting yet and what was said during that meeting if they did have it yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    I cba to read through this thread, but I just wanted to know if they have had that meeting yet and what said during that meeting if they did have it yet?
    Meeting with Michael Morhaime & Mark Kern this Thursday. Meeting with Nostalrius at the beginning of June, no dates given for security reason. We probably won't get an update from Kern Thursday because he'll have to write about his meeting first, but it shouldn't be too long.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Meeting with Michael Morhaime & Mark Kern this Thursday. Meeting with Nostalrius at the beginning of June, no dates given for security reason. We probably won't get an update from Kern Thursday because he'll have to write about his meeting first, but it shouldn't be too long.
    What do they mean by "security reason"? I doubt some anti legacy nut is gonna kidnap em or something.

What do they mean by "security reason"? I doubt some anti legacy nut is gonna kidnap em or something.
    Nah man, it's the anti-Legacy people who are the real crazies. :^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably more related to Blizzard security with leaks. Kern is an easily identifiable individual. Nostalrius team, not so much. It's only logical that the meeting's date is kept secret, to prevent people from taking up their identities while not being them.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Speculation seems pointless. There might be a decent reason. It might be paranoid delusions.

I'm just saying this. If they come out of that meeting and suddenly decide they are the regents of legacy servers instead of "ambassadors" I bloody well won't be happy.

I'm just saying this. If they come out of that meeting and suddenly decide they are the regents of legacy servers instead of "ambassadors" I bloody well won't be happy.
    How about "Grand Inquisitors of Legacy"? It has an ominous ring to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeniwyn View Post
    Speculation seems pointless. There might be a decent reason. It might be paranoid delusions.
    I've worked in the industry long enough to know that it's a simple identity protection issue. Otherwise, Kern would've had to also hide his date, but he did not. Because the issue is so controversial, it's both in Blizzard and Nostalrius interest to keep the date private.

I certainly hope not XD Though personally I don't mind them calling themselves whatever they want. All I care about is results, whom deliver it is not really important to me.
    Google Diversity Memo