Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post

That should give you an idea.
    We can remove Rickon, Osha, Balon, Asha, Bran and Hodor off that boat now

Everyone is focusing on Bran and stuff. Why is noone talking about how they butchered Euron?
    What makes you think he was "butchered" (damn I fucking hate that expression...) ?
    Yeah it's not the same exact character than in the books (in that case, everyone is butchered), but I didn't find him that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Jsj9V_Aqg&t=5m21s

"Hold the Door" = Hodor and his origin story was GRRM's idea.

Just wanted to put that in before we get the typical suspects screaming about how stupid D&D are.
    I'm not surprised it was Martin's idea because it wasn't cringeworthy like 90% of D&D injected alterations.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

7+ Year Old Account
    Why is noone talking about how they butchered Euron?
    Well, there is no true Euron without Victarion and all the background information between the two.

So entire layers of his character are just gone for the show-Euron.

But I`m sad we`ll never get something as bad ass as this.

Also a bit miffed about Euron, and that plotline in general. Iron Islands was one of my favourite plotlines in Feast/Dance, I'm very disappointed that the show cut so much from that. Really wanted to see Victarion and Euron made justice. The kingsmoot was pretty meh as well, in the books that shit was awesome.

Deleted
    Penis scene close ups promise full frontal labia close ups without hair. Nice.

Am I the only one that thought the varys shitting his pants scene was the best? Fuck Hodor. Overrated meme character.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    What makes you think he was "butchered" (damn I fucking hate that expression...) ?
    Yeah it's not the same exact character than in the books (in that case, everyone is butchered), but I didn't find him that bad.
    It's not just that he's not the same as in the books. He's completely different and all his distinct features are gone. He didn't care about the Drowned God (or probably any religion, for that matter), he was arrogant, but at the same time far more eloquent than all of the other ironborn combined. Oh, and the eyepatch, that was important as well. He's just not Euron, if I didn't know he was supposed to appear at this point, I wouldn't have known it's him. Book Euron is everything the ironborn are not. Show Euron is the most cliche of them all, barring that bad teeth guy who was with Theon at Winterfell.

And then there's the fact that in the books he didn't have an unanimous support and the ironborn definitely didn't like kinslayers. What does Euron do? "Lol, yeah, I killed Balon", to which noone bats an eye. Immediately after his character suffers the greatest hit, that is the drowning scene, he goes "lol let's kill my nephew and niece", to which the rest of the ironborn, who should still have serious doubts about following him at this point, go "lol k".

It's just retarded and the whole Iron Islands plot of the books is turned into a device to deliver a fleet to Dany so that she can get to Westeros. I don't know why they even bothered to put this shit in the show, I wish the fleet just appeared at Slaver's Bay once Dany gets there and realises that she doesn't have enough ships. A deus ex machina like this would bother me far less than ruining the whole plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Paklaaji View Post
    Well, there is no true Euron without Victarion and all the background information between the two.

So entire layers of his character are just gone for the show-Euron.

But I`m sad we`ll never get something as bad ass as this.
    Euron wasn't really defined by his relations with Victarion, but Victarion was defined by his hate and jealousy towards Euron. They could still make Euron a good character even without Victarion. They didn't and that one scene was enough to see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted

That should give you an idea.

Everyone is focusing on Bran and stuff. Why is noone talking about how they butchered Euron?
    Well it's not the only thing they butchered so he probs have to get used to it.

And I didn't get the reference. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Last edited by mmoce2f72405d7; 2016-05-23 at 11:15 AM.

Are we sure that Sansa isn't pregnant with Ramsay's child? Thats what I took from her comment to Littlefinger.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread gained 11 pages in the last 10 hours.
    Haven't seen something blow up like this before lol.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

It's just retarded and the whole Iron Islands plot of the books is turned into a device to deliver a fleet to Dany so that she can get to Westeros. I don't know why they even bothered to put this shit in the show, I wish the fleet just appeared at Slaver's Bay once Dany gets there and realises that she doesn't have enough ships. A deus ex machina like this would bother me far less than ruining the whole plot.
    That's my biggest grievance about it. Too much changes to Iron Islands' storyline so far to make it salvageable so I had no high hopes for it, but then this happened. I mean, I wasn't fan of that part of the story in the books (it got a little better later on with Euron and Victarion), but even the early chapters about Iron Islands were better than yet another step towards pigeonholing Daenerys as the one to win Westeros in the end (and then maybe wipe out the White Walkers with her dragons), despite her only qualification for that being "But everyone loves Targaryens, right? The peasants will welcome me with open arms!".

In books there is still potential for something else, and given lack of Aegon in the show, which changes quite a bit, it's hard to judge the book by the show. He could kick some ass. Dorne can kick some ass. Be it by allying with Aegon - or Daenerys - or on their own, since they have probably the strongest arm after everyone else exhausted themselves in the war. Stannis' plot can still go in a different way.

But in the show it's happy coincidence upon happy coincidence that makes Danerys stronger and stronger. She's a terrible ruler and sparks a rebellion, culminating in the arena assault that would have ended with her dead? No worries, Drogon appears out of nowhere and saves the day (and the rebellion doesn't consume the city once the ruler has fled, because reasons). Drogon drops her off in a middle of a khalasar? No worries, she's Daenerys, she will gain not one khalasar, but all of them, pulling the biggest army in the world out of her ass (while she already had a strong one). By breaking one of the most important laws of Vaes Dothrak. While she was gone her fleet (that we didn't really know about) was destroyed by the sons of the harpy? Who cares, she will be given the largest fleet Westeros has ever seen by yet another manservant ready to obey the one true queen. And then she will most likely land in Dorne that will welcome the opportunity to serve her too ("no weak man will ever rule Dorne again", hurr hurr).

It looks like they need to update the pantheon of Westeros and include RNGesus in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The most interesting theory I've seen come out of this episode is the theory that Bran Stark, is in fact, Rh'llor, the lord of light.

Seeing as Bran just discovered that he can potentially change the past/present/future through his weirwood flashbacks, and seeing that he is a good-hearted protagonist, it isn't far reaching to think he may self-righteously try to play God and influence events of the past to help defeat the walkers of the present/future. He could go back a few years, dozens, or thousands. He could interact with particular individuals and manipulate them to get them to Jon/Danaerys so they can aide them in the fight against the long night.

Imagine if it was Bran that communicated to Melisandre to find Stannis/Jon. Maybe it was Bran in the fires of all the red priestesses. It's a common theme in Game of Thrones and ASOIAF that prophecy/revelation is often misunderstood and misinterpreted. Could is be possible that all of the priests and priestesses in GoT were simply misinterpreting Bran's interference in the past to be the red God?

Amazing theory that could be possible.

Am I the only one totally unmoved by the Hodor's story? I felt no emotions, honestly I felt bored to death.
    After the Red Wedding there is no death that moves me in this series, simply because I only care about older Starks like Ned, Robb, Jon Snow and maybe a little about Jorah, Bronn and Tyrion. I have no interest at all in Bran, Rickon, Sansa, boring characters, I will be honest - the whole Bran and Hodor story is booring to me and I don't care at all. So I don't know why are people crying after the Hold the door scene. He died so what?
    People die in this show, especially good people, every day. I may sound like a Hound but I don't give a fuck :P Lets move one with the story.

If the show ends with "It all happened because Bran fell from the window" I will be severely disappointed because it's a pathetic concept.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-05-23 at 12:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If my frogfu dies this season, I`ll rage.

And Summer`s death was...unnecessary to say the least. You actually saw other wights race past when the poor thing was being torn in to bits and pieces.
    I can`t help but see that as a cost saving measure.

Thought the episode last night was pretty good. The stuff with the Ironborn still irks me, but whatever.

I admit to getting rather emotional during the Honor scene. Wasn't even a character I was particularly interestedin or thought overly noteworthy.

Fucking hell... the ending was brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    The most interesting theory I've seen come out of this episode is the theory that Bran Stark, is in fact, Rh'llor, the lord of light.

Seeing as Bran just discovered that he can potentially change the past/present/future through his weirwood flashbacks, and seeing that he is a good-hearted protagonist, it isn't far reaching to think he may self-righteously try to play God and influence events of the past to help defeat the walkers of the present/future. He could go back a few years, dozens, or thousands. He could interact with particular individuals and manipulate them to get them to Jon/Danaerys so they can aide them in the fight against the long night.

Imagine if it was Bran that communicated to Melisandre to find Stannis/Jon. Maybe it was Bran in the fires of all the red priestesses. It's a common theme in Game of Thrones and ASOIAF that prophecy/revelation is often misunderstood and misinterpreted. Could is be possible that all of the priests and priestesses in GoT were simply misinterpreting Bran's interference in the past to be the red God?

Amazing theory that could be possible.
    That's interesting indeed. Perhaps Bran's purpose is to solve / undo the conflict between men and the Children of the Forest, so they don't end up creating the White Walkers?

Holy shit, Hold the door..

Loved that ending. Bloody pointless having summer suicide in that way, but oh well...
    I've no idea what to write here.

HOLD THE DOOR!

Someone care to explain how the walkers saw Bran? Think it was mentioned at some point if he stays too long something happens, but he just entered that 'Dream / State'

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Fucking hell... the ending was brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

That's interesting indeed. Perhaps Bran's purpose is to solve / undo the conflict between men and the Children of the Forest, so they don't end up creating the White Walkers?
    Doubt that's the case, doesnt seem like he can re-write history, as what happened to hodor was always supposed to happen. Seems more likely that he's been shaping the world into what it is today

Is it just me thinking this, or would the Hodor thing fall under the grandfather paradox when it comes to time travel?
    I'm tired as fuck while writing this, so I could be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    HOLD THE DOOR!

Someone care to explain how the walkers saw Bran? Think it was mentioned at some point if he stays too long something happens, but he just entered that 'Dream / State'

Pretty sure 'magic' is the solution
    The night king was made by the children, which implies a strong connection to their type of magic, just like bran and 3 eye can see eachother..

Maybe the night king controlling zombies is a form of warging? :O