Changes seem good. Lowered Proc rate is lame but makes sense since Tactician also resets MS cooldown. Tweaking the cooldown/tactician proc rate will hopefully occur.

Won't be able to test till Monday evening though due to traveling.
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbydude65 View Post
    Changes seem good. Lowered Proc rate is lame but makes sense since Tactician also resets MS cooldown. Tweaking the cooldown/tactician proc rate will hopefully occur.

Won't be able to test till Monday evening though due to traveling.
    I'm hoping that it gets buffed, and if anything they nerf the set bonus to compensate. But assuming some further tweaking and SOMETHING to help the execute rotation, I think the spec could be pretty good at this point.

I'm hopeful, at least. Hah.

An extra few percentage points for tactician seems in order.

I also feel like one or two talents really should be baseline. I guess it's a testament to having actual difficult choices to make, buuut it would be cool if the 20% rage reduction were baked in. I wish I didn't have to choose between feeling rage starved or having a relatively fun, active proc like overpower.

Deleted
    Good news indeed about Tactician change. Still the reset% on CS feels to small as there's times when I'm not resetting CS during the entire CD. So either a higher reset% or a lowering of the CD in general is needed imo.

Deleted
    Arms are fun imo. Problem is survivability- but as always *this is BETA!* so I still got hope that blizzard listen to feedback arms are getting crushed in pvp -_-

Small note. Even now that MS is added to tactician, MS is ONLY worth using when you have Shattered Defenses up, otherwise Slam is better (assuming you have the weapon trait).

Only very minor damage increase I could find was that it can be used sub20% if you're just under the rage cap, in order to prevent yourself from capping, other than that it's still very much a dead button most of the time.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Small note. Even now that MS is added to tactician, MS is ONLY worth using when you have Shattered Defenses up, otherwise Slam is better (assuming you have the weapon trait).

Only very minor damage increase I could find was that it can be used sub20% if you're just under the rage cap, in order to prevent yourself from capping, other than that it's still very much a dead button most of the time.
    Interesting. I figured with the large buff it got AND being added to tactician would make it a no brainer to press. Though without Dauntless I did find myself running out of rage trying to press MS on cooldown in previous testing.

Learn to Heroic Charge and rage is a non issue.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Learn to Heroic Charge and rage is a non issue.
    You guys are going to make them "fix" that like they did in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Maltore View Post
    You guys are going to make them "fix" that like they did in WoD
    Given the alternative of heroic charging; I'd rather they fix it. Though the legendary that makes HL apply the CS debuff will probably work to kill Heroic Charging in favor of higher CS uptime either way.

Jesus tap dancing Christ I'm beginning to think the only solution here is putting everything on EtW. it's that or you make MS damage psychotic, or slam damage useless.

I must ask again why trauma needs to exist as-is.

Quote Originally Posted by Caargon View Post
    Jesus tap dancing Christ I'm beginning to think the only solution here is putting everything on EtW. it's that or you make MS damage psychotic, or slam damage useless.

Trauma definitely feels more exciting if it was applied by Mortal Strike, for many reasons.

Trauma should affect MS instead of slam IMO, there's enough reason to spam slam (CS/MS resets, single-target while MS is on cooldown), so we need some more reason to use MS on cooldown, it's Arms spec's signature skill, has been since Vanilla.

Well remember Slam is cheaper and has an artifact trait increasing its proc rate. 16% for 15 rage vs 10% for 20 rage is a pretty big deal in terms of CS uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Trauma definitely feels more exciting if it was applied by Mortal Strike, for many reasons.
    Trauma on MS would also make that talent tier make more sense, since 2/3 of it would affect how we use MS and what it does within the grand scheme of things. I can only imagine that such a logical change will never happen precisely because it DOES make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    Well remember Slam is cheaper and has an artifact trait increasing its proc rate. 16% for 15 rage vs 10% for 20 rage is a pretty big deal in terms of CS uptime.
    Yes, which is why I said that. If they had the same proc it would just be the same damage vs rage consideration we're used to. And yes, you could put trauma on MS or you could make it apply on any critical hit like old deep wounds, or whatever but slam does not need to be propped up the way it is. It's filler. There's no excuse for it to be our 2nd most important ability.

could solve the MS issue if rather than Rend being a separate button that MS applies the Rend bleed.

I wonder if Arms will be the best spec to raid with as Warrior. Tbh by the looks of it, I think it looks better than Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    could solve the MS issue if rather than Rend being a separate button that MS applies the Rend bleed.
    Wouldn't really solve anything except leave us with a talent to replace. It would only make MS useful once every X seconds, where X = duration of bleed. In essence this means we would continue to only use MS during Shattered Defenses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I wonder if Arms will be the best spec to raid with as Warrior. Tbh by the looks of it, I think it looks better than Fury.
    Best will end up a matter of tuning, and it's far too early to say.

Mechanically though, I'd say Arms > Fury. Even though CS resets can be frustrating, with proper tuning, it isn't crippling, and it's far better to have 1 buff or aspect of RNG to worry about than the 7 that come with Fury.

If they end up giving tactician a few % points back in reset chance Arms would definitely be the more stable spec, and the other thing it has going for it is a much more stable talent setup for various situations as opposed to fury needing to change for everything in the world.