15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    '' When Robb was likely killed by arrows, he came back shortly, after Greywind was killed. Bran came back from coma when Lady was killed. Jon came back from dead and Shaggydog was killed. ''

Now Summer is dead.

Benjen is going to come back.
    I think Summer died so Arya could survive the poisoned water without being no one.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    Littlefinger's character also seems to have gradually become a woss on the show. I just can't picture him on the books being all needy for Sansa, without an actual self serving plan behind it.

We should also make some sort of petition for the show to stop pointlessly killing the direwolves. I can already picture it: Nymeria showing up at Winterfell's battle only to have her dead at the end of it, or Ghost being offscreened till Jon is in danger, close to being killed and have his wolf jump from out of frame and save him!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I still don't understand the Hodor bit. I get that we're supposed to believe that Brann's timewalking was what changed him from Willis to "Hodor", but that doesn't explain why he was "Hodor" before Brann timewalked.
    It's called the Grandfather Paradox. You go back in time to kill your grandfather. Which makes you disappear. Which means you can't go back in time to kill your grandfather. Everything plays out the same regardless.

OR

Our memories could just be "software" and people who have the power to write/re-write history are the developers who make updates. And our brains could just be hardware that hold the software.

So best way to explain it is all of those times you watch Game of Thrones right up until that Hold the Door scene, there actually was no Hodor at all. But at the point Bran re-wrote history, there was a "software update" that rewrote your memories as well to include all of the events to have Hodor there to hold the door at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I think what's hilarious is that if we didn't know GRRM made up the Hodor thing, you'd have the usual suspects talking about how fucking stupid it and D&D are for writing that. Y'all know for a fact this would happen, don't lie to yourselves.

I saw it happening immediately after the episode ended, but suddenly everybody changed their mind when the "Behind the episode" came out and they said it was GRRM's idea.
    Ain't that the truth. I don't understand the hatred. It's one of the most well-written shows I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    I don't quite understand the point of Hodor holding the door? Sure they escaped for right then but how far can one girl manage to get dragging Bran behind her in a Blizzard? Won't it be trivial for the WW's to catch those two? Or are they going to get saved by some Deus Ex Machina next episode?

Or if they are being let go on purpose so the WW's can follow them across the wall cause mark, then Hodor and Summer dying made no difference to anything?
    Look up Coldhands.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Is it just me thinking this, or would the Hodor thing fall under the grandfather paradox when it comes to time travel?
    I'm tired as fuck while writing this, so I could be wrong!
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Littlefinger's character also seems to have gradually become a woss on the show. I just can't picture him on the books being all needy for Sansa, without an actual self serving plan behind it.
    Maybe he still does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Maybe he still does.
    Maybe, maybe not, that's just it, we all know LF is about chaos and all, but i can't foresee ahead and what he gains by lending the Vale to Sansa. All he'll do is further unite the North under the Starks and facilitate a Stark/Tully political reunion again.

That's not very...chaotic. What is bound to happen at KL isn't exactly of his doing either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Maybe, maybe not, that's just it, we all know LF is about chaos and all, but i can't foresee ahead and what he gains by lending the Vale to Sansa. All he'll do is further unite the North under the Starks and facilitate a Stark/Tully political reunion again.

That's not very...chaotic. What is bound to happen at KL isn't exactly of his doing either.
    Well, even Littlefinger can has his flaws and bad times. A character that always have a plan B and never changes his goals or moral codes, can easily turn into a very boring one. Comic villain style.
    Cat Stark was his love, so Sansa could interfere in his scheme
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Alright, I'm done, that ending was fucking amazing. Emotional and mindfucking at the same time. Doesn't get any better than that. Also that theatre scene in the middle was SO well-made, showing the events from how they have been twisted to be viewed by the peasants, while still making sense, that's was purely brilliant. One of the best episodes in the show ever, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    And then there's the fact that in the books he didn't have an unanimous support and the ironborn definitely didn't like kinslayers. What does Euron do? "Lol, yeah, I killed Balon", to which noone bats an eye. Immediately after his character suffers the greatest hit, that is the drowning scene, he goes "lol let's kill my nephew and niece", to which the rest of the ironborn, who should still have serious doubts about following him at this point, go "lol k".
    Yeah, this might have been one of the weirdest scenes in the show. Him going "let's go murder them" and nobody interjecting even a little, not even the priest who seems to be there just to tell people when they are out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    The most interesting theory I've seen come out of this episode is the theory that Bran Stark, is in fact, Rh'llor, the lord of light.

Seeing as Bran just discovered that he can potentially change the past/present/future through his weirwood flashbacks, and seeing that he is a good-hearted protagonist, it isn't far reaching to think he may self-righteously try to play God and influence events of the past to help defeat the walkers of the present/future. He could go back a few years, dozens, or thousands. He could interact with particular individuals and manipulate them to get them to Jon/Danaerys so they can aide them in the fight against the long night.

Imagine if it was Bran that communicated to Melisandre to find Stannis/Jon. Maybe it was Bran in the fires of all the red priestesses. It's a common theme in Game of Thrones and ASOIAF that prophecy/revelation is often misunderstood and misinterpreted. Could is be possible that all of the priests and priestesses in GoT were simply misinterpreting Bran's interference in the past to be the red God?

Amazing theory that could be possible.
    Well, weirwooding not purely being a vision but being able to interact with things in the past or present isn't a new thing. The Raven instantly knew that he had been marked and that they could be found now, and didn't seem the slightest surprised about it, so he definitely knew about it.

If it was possible to do it like that, why hadn't the Raven already done it? Since he seem to be on the same track.

I dunno. It's an interesting possibility, definitely, though, we'll see how it unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Am I the only one totally unmoved by the Hodor's story? I felt no emotions, honestly I felt bored to death.
    After the Red Wedding there is no death that moves me in this series, simply because I only care about older Starks like Ned, Robb, Jon Snow and maybe a little about Jorah, Bronn and Tyrion. I have no interest at all in Bran, Rickon, Sansa, boring characters, I will be honest - the whole Bran and Hodor story is booring to me and I don't care at all. So I don't know why are people crying after the Hold the door scene. He died so what?
    People die in this show, especially good people, every day. I may sound like a Hound but I don't give a fuck :P Lets move one with the story.
    Well, disregarding the fact that the whole Bran story is very boring, Hodor had been there for the start and was kind, funny and generally likeable. His whole story is pretty sad, and then to go out in a sacrifice like that... yeah, if you didn't get emotional you probably just havn't paid enough attention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Fucking hell... the ending was brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

That's interesting indeed. Perhaps Bran's purpose is to solve / undo the conflict between men and the Children of the Forest, so they don't end up creating the White Walkers?
    That's not possible. 3ER said that what is written can't be changed.
    the Wyllis -> Hodor transformation happened because it was written. Just as The CoTF creating the WW is written and can't be changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Ain't that the truth. I don't understand the hatred. It's one of the most well-written shows I've ever seen.
    The Dorne plot that was 100% D&D creation begs to differ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Don't know if it's been posted yet, but there's talks of having a Jon Snow spin-off show after GoT is done:

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/is-ga...115216115.html

"Rumours have reached us here at Yahoo HQ that Jon Snow actor, Kit Harington, is going to land his own GoT spin-off show when the HBO smash ends next year after its seventh season.

If the rumours are true, it would make Kit one of TV’s highest paid stars ever, raking in over £684,000 per episode. Ker-ching. And according to the Daily Star Online, this figure could double if worldwide syndication happens. Wow.

A senior executive at HBO confirmed “exploratory talks” with Kit opened after he was sworn to secrecy about his character’s dramatic resurrection prior to the launch of Thrones’ current sixth season.

He said: “Any spin-off built around Jon Snow, who is hugely popular with fans, would also undoubtedly involve other characters from the cast."

“When the seventh season wraps next year, it’s going to be a case of figuring out who we want to join us for a new show and which of those cast members actually want to jump on board.”

London-born Kit hasn’t commented on the rumours yet, but he HAS said that there is some legit exciting stuff coming up for Jon.

He said: “here’s one episode this season which is Jon’s story. That’s the most epic episode we’ve ever done."

“It’s nice to be the centre of attention and I’m thrilled they brought me back. I wasn’t ready to say goodbye to Thrones and I didn’t feel like my character’s journey was done.”
    Milking a franchise to dry it out and leave it shit is what Americans do best sadly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Is it just me thinking this, or would the Hodor thing fall under the grandfather paradox when it comes to time travel?
    I'm tired as fuck while writing this, so I could be wrong!
    There was no "real" time travel. and even if there was, it was just to prevent branns own imminent death, so no paradox there.

The only "time travel" occurring was Brann mind controlling Hodor in the present, while simultaneously being in a memory with him in the past, resulting in Hodors brain being fried in the past somehow. At best this means brann can sent messages back in time.

I need to rewatch it to find out wether hodor voluntarity held the door shut and bran just mind controlled him briefty to shock him out of the fear, or if he was full on mind controlled the whole time.

Also: why was there a (man made) door there in the first place. maybe a forest people door but i dont think there it's all caves and natural there otherwise i think.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-05-23 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    Milking a franchise to dry it out and leave it shit is what Americans do best sadly.
    Um. Doctor Who?

Regarding the episode, I'm a little disappointed in the forest people - if they created these guys, then there should be some kind of flashback showing the Night King escaping control/gaining too much power, etc.

Jon Snow getting his on show? Maybe if a girl was also with him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjaeden View Post
    Um. Doctor Who?
    Dude... Doctor who is a british show. Come on don't be that guy....

Trying to Milk Jon Snow (if GRR Martin is not behind to help the story) can result in catastrophic shit.

Just like Joey was shit after friends,
    Just like season 9 of scrubs
    Same thing for last season of HIMYM etc.

I really doubt 50min episodes of brooding Jon Snow will be very appealing.
    Last edited by mmoce2f72405d7; 2016-05-23 at 02:35 PM.

That ending made me so sad lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude... Doctor who is a british show. Come on don't be that guy....
    I think that's his point - its not just something American shows do.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Well maybe time is just one big loop in this show.
    Yeah, maybe time is like a wheel. Memories become legends, then myths, then come again?

7+ Year Old Account
    Btw, promo for episode 6. King's Landing plot, and Sam comes back from rowing! https://youtu.be/YkGiRhCQ5GE
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Exept that doctor who is a good series and people liked it. So his point is way off either way.
    He should have said Misfits in that case.

Anyway to go back to GOT, I liked that Sansa has grown up and knows the game.
    She doesn't entirely trust Jon's decision so she keeps the secret of meeting LF
    And she doesn't kill LF cause she understands that she might need him in the future. And she also tells him to nicely fuck off and that he lost his power over her. I am starting to like her more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Doctor who is just long though, it's still popular with fans. It's not like Dexter, Prison Break, Heroes, LOST, House, HIMYM, Scrubs, Simpsons, and all the other shows where the producers had the options to let it die gracefully or milk it as much as possible for money, and chose the latter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    Btw, promo for episode 6. King's Landing plot, and Sam comes back from rowing! https://youtu.be/YkGiRhCQ5GE
    "Blood of my Blood" I suppose it's a reference to Benjen Stark

Sam only left for two episodes, not that bad.
    Randyll Tarly looks very pissed (and bloody dangerous) at least they got that right.
    Tyrell army looking nice (they are probably useless but nice to look at)

"I take what is mine". Gosh how I hate her. Now she is all cocky and shit. Please Martin, kill her before the end, I can't bare to read two more books of her bullshit.

Why the hell is Meera apologising for? She is doing her best
    Last edited by mmoce2f72405d7; 2016-05-23 at 02:58 PM.

Exept that doctor who is a good series and people liked it. So his point is way off either way.
    He should have said Misfits in that case.

Anyway to go back to GOT, I liked that Sansa has grown up and knows the game.
    She doesn't entirely trust Jon's decision so she keeps the secret of meeting LF
    And she doesn't kill LF cause she understands that she might need him in the future. And she also tells him to nicely fuck off and that he lost his power over her. I am starting to like her more and more.
    Nah they milked the fuck out of that show. They just milked it better than others have. All pretty much the same thing with different faces for me. I think a Jon Snow spin off can be good if done the right way. Would just have to wait and see.

--The show, For the most part I think all of the episodes this season have all been very good. Far as last nights episode goes, was the the last of the Children of the Forest?

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I thought she pretty clearly explained her reasoning - he handed her over to the Boltons, but he also rescued her from the Lannisters; she's not overlooking either one, and thus tells him to go, rather than either trusting or killing him.
    That's just another way of saying exactly what I said about him having been her protector.

Deleted
    Wonder if two out of the three dragons will get a 10 second death soon aswell to save CGI costs.
    After all the direwolfs dropping like flles i guess they will go with just 1 dragon soon aswell.

(But i guess this is why GoT is missing the big budget of cinema movies to provide the big fantasy stuff the right way)
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2016-05-23 at 03:03 PM.