Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Wonder if two out of the three dragons will get a 10 second death soon aswell to save CGI costs.
    After all the direwolfs dropping like flles i guess they will go with just 1 dragon soon aswell.

(But i guess this is why GoT is missing the big budget of cinema movies to provide the big fantasy stuff the right way)
    Nah there are 3 dragon riders in the story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Nah there are 3 dragon riders in the story.
    We also had all Starks as worg and not in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Paklaaji View Post
    If my frogfu dies this season, I`ll rage.
    Haha, I feel you.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    "Blood of my Blood" I suppose it's a reference to Benjen Stark

Sam only left for two episodes, not that bad.
    Randyll Tarly looks very pissed (and bloody dangerous) at least they got that right.
    Why the hell is Meera apologising for? She is doing her best
    I can only see 2 reasons for her apologising, and both will be due to exhaustion. Either she's going to decide to leave Bran when she can't pull his stretcher anymore, or the wights catch up to them and she starts apologising Bran for failing him. Not her fault, obviously, but still. The latter is much more likely, and it will be Benjen who saves them in the end. I really hope Meera doesn't end up dying.

Randyll Tarly looks awesome, yeah.

I'm guessing Margaery goes full zealot mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Well, disregarding the fact that the whole Bran story is very boring, Hodor had been there for the start and was kind, funny and generally likeable. His whole story is pretty sad, and then to go out in a sacrifice like that... yeah, if you didn't get emotional you probably just havn't paid enough attention.
    Don't hop into strange conclusions I did paid enough attention, I know everything and I don't care about him One can know evertyhing and not care about many characters because their idea/design/story/purpose is boring/bad for the said person

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol the promo and the Meera/Bran scene, just makes Summer's death even more silly.

Series has officially jumped the shark (though it has been on a steady decline since the end of season 1). Time travel is always a cancer when it comes to fantasy/sci-fi (mostly). I'm expecting the show to continue on with the deus-ex machinas/time travel cop outs from now on.

Here's hoping the book at least puts more context on this stuff, seeing as it is confirmed cannon by GRRM. Also super disappointed by the white walker origin story. I'm hoping they have more motives than just being "ultra-evil bad guys XD", but that seems to be confirmed by GRRM in the latest recap as well...

Why can't we just have more political intrigue and backstabbing? They made this series great.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Why can't we just have more political intrigue and backstabbing? They made this series great.
    Because the books are about more then just that?

The war ended in season 4; until the Ironborn start attacking, Jon gets the north together to face Ramsay, Littlefinger starts doing things that don't revolve around Sansa, or Dany actually starts trying to get the Iron Throne, there won't be much intrigue to be had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also super disappointed by the white walker origin story. I'm hoping they have more motives than just being "ultra-evil bad guys XD", but that seems to be confirmed by GRRM in the latest recap as well...
    This wasn't confirmed in the recap, i think.

Deleted
    Series has officially jumped the shark (though it has been on a steady decline since the end of season 1). Time travel is always a cancer when it comes to fantasy/sci-fi (mostly). I'm expecting the show to continue on with the deus-ex machinas/time travel cop outs from now on.

Here's hoping the book at least puts more context on this stuff, seeing as it is confirmed cannon by GRRM. Also super disappointed by the white walker origin story. I'm hoping they have more motives than just being "ultra-evil bad guys XD", but that seems to be confirmed by GRRM in the latest recap as well...

The still have all that in the books. But many of those plots have been abandonned on the show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    This wasn't confirmed in the recap, i think.
    No it wasn't. Wyllis Hordor was, but not the WW origins.

Deleted
    I can only see 2 reasons for her apologising, and both will be due to exhaustion. Either she's going to decide to leave Bran when she can't pull his stretcher anymore, or the wights catch up to them and she starts apologising Bran for failing him. Not her fault, obviously, but still. The latter is much more likely, and it will be Benjen who saves them in the end. I really hope Meera doesn't end up dying.

Randyll Tarly looks awesome, yeah.

I'm guessing Margaery goes full zealot mode.
    Yeah I understand why per se, and I agree. But I mean fuck Meera! She's done her best at everything (she even had to slit her own brother's throat) she had nothing to apologise for. Bran fucked up the situation not her.

Summer would have been useful there, and I think his death would have been more meanigful if he died protecting those two until Benjen pops up.
    It would have kept the "Summer is dead/Winter is coming" part, and not be as gratuitous.

Yes I am still pissed at Summer's death. Why do they kill all the Direwolves? Kill the goddamn dragons ffs!

Is Sam thought his dad was pissed to have a fat useless son, wait till he tells him Gilly is a wildling born of incest. He'll be thrilled.

If marg goes zealot and then dies in KL because of Cersei, I'll go mad. I just want Cersei to die, but it's not coming soon enough

I know, right? Terminator, Planet of the Apes, Twelve Monkeys, Days of Future Past, Edge of Tomorrow... terrible, just terrible.

And how is it to continue with cop outs when there hasn't been one? The only thing we know have been changed due to time travel was Hodor, and that wasn't for the better, calling it a deus ex machina or cop out is asinine.

We have that too? The whole King's Landing thing is still going.

Must be boring to watch the show and only look for the worst part of them, to be honest. Can't imagine how you are when you are watching something that's actually bad. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    Yeah I understand why per se, and I agree. But I mean fuck Meera! She's done her best at everything (she even had to slit her own brother's throat) she had nothing to apologise for. Bran fucked up the situation not her.
    This part, I just loved so much.

In almost every movie/show when adults tell the kids to not do something, and the kids does it anyway, the kids are rewarded for being brave or learns that the adults doesn't want them to do it for one or the other contrived reasons, because kids are so good and innocent and trueful and adults are just boring and sad and whatever.

This time it was, don't do that, he does it, ends up paying for it with the lives of his mentor, his direwolf and his guardian. Just another of those trope twisters, a bit more subtle than others, but I loved it nonetheless.

Now that the TV writers are writing the story, the quality has dropped a lot.

If George RR Martin was writing it, I bet it would be amazing as it always was. Jon's resurrection would've been done better or maybe he wouldn't have been resurrected. The "hold the door" thing would've never happened.

I kind of wished we would've waited for George to finish.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    There was no "real" time travel. and even if there was, it was just to prevent branns own imminent death, so no paradox there.

The only "time travel" occurring was Brann mind controlling Hodor in the present, while simultaneously being in a memory with him in the past, resulting in Hodors brain being fried in the past somehow. At best this means brann can sent messages back in time.

I need to rewatch it to find out wether hodor voluntarity held the door shut and bran just mind controlled him briefty to shock him out of the fear, or if he was full on mind controlled the whole time.

Also: why was there a (man made) door there in the first place. maybe a forest people door but i dont think there it's all caves and natural there otherwise i think.
    Bran was in trance-mode the whole time. Even while Meera was dragging him away. The implication is that Bran was warging him the whole time, which makes the sacrifice seem less important - it makes it seem like even if Hodor wanted to not "hold the door" he wouldn't have had a choice. That makes Bran look pretty shitty.

Unless trance-mode just means he's in the vision, but you see Wyllis's eyes turn white briefly when he falls to the ground and gets Hodorized, implying that he's connected to the present day Hodor, and that the compulsion to "hold the door" is coming from someone else - Bran, even though we're hearing Meera say it in the voiceover.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    Btw, promo for episode 6. King's Landing plot, and Sam comes back from rowing! https://youtu.be/YkGiRhCQ5GE
    Sam is on a boat trip the whole season, LF goes from Winterfell to the Vale and back to the Wall, a trip which is twice as long. Sam needs to invest in some jetpacks.

Deleted
    Bran was definately controlling Hodor in the future, Bran was still in the vision when he first Warged into Hodor to make Hodor get his sledge and carry him to safety, so he can control someone whilst still being in a vision, though the fact that he in a vision with a younger version of the person he was warging into is presumably what caused Willis to be Hodorized.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Time Travel, alternative universes and Resurrection almost always ruin any good story.
    Back to the future, Terminator, Groundhog Day, 12 Monkeys, Butterfly Effect, Planet of the Apes, Donnie Darko, Days of Future Past... Time travels in and of themselves definitely doesn't ruin a movie. Poorly executed time travels does, but that's the same as for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

If George RR Martin was writing it, I bet it would be amazing as it always was. Jon's resurrection would've been done better or maybe he wouldn't have been resurrected. The "hold the door" thing would've never happened.

The hold the door part has been confirmed to be GRRM's idea. So go back to hating without being able to differentiate between the writers, kthxbai.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I'm not surprised it was Martin's idea because it wasn't cringeworthy like 90% of D&D injected alterations.
    Don't kid yourself. If they hadn't said that you would have been crying foul being butthurt over how bad this scene that D&D wrote if it was theres.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

You realize its confirmed from George himself that the hold the door thing was his intent lol. George already told them these things, hes the one that told them Jon is resurrected. Hes the one that made the hold the door twist. The show cuts parts and corner of George story, but it ends the same way, the uncut part ends the same way. Hodor wasent cut, so Hodor suffer the same faith he will in the books.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-05-23 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Don't kid yourself. If they hadn't said that you would have been crying foul being butthurt over how bad this scene that D&D wrote if it was theres.
    Hey look its that one guy who does nothing but complain about other people complaining about the shitty writing.

beatingadeadhorse.gif

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Again, I don't think anyone in this thread has said the "Hold the door" scene isn't poignant. You're just making up what you *think* people's opinions are, and then arguing against it.. My particular problem is the set up for that moment, and all the time travel/vision nonsense, which seems to be most people's problems.

Once again, D&D are using the excuse of "GRRM told us!" like the Shireen burning. Shireen may very well burn in the books - but the way it was executed in the show made no sense considering the characters involved and where they are in the plot. No one expects it to happen that way in the books, mainly because the set up has those two characters (Stannis and Shireen) separated by hundreds if not thousands of miles.

I love that you constantly accuse critics of the writing of being some sort of weird book elitists, but somehow there can't be the opinion that people are being show apologists and excusing storytelling that doesn't fit/is subjectively worse than the book storytelling?