Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh yeah..and free speech only goes so far. Denying the Holocaust can actually land you in court / get punished / land in prison.
    Not in my country

In the old days bad ideas were debated and defeated allowing the most sound to flourish.

In the "brave" new world bad ideas are feared for they are becoming harder and harder to debate against so they are quickly shoved into the darkness where they are allowed to grow unchecked and unchallenged...

People who seem almost thrilled about this confuse me. What is it exactly you think you achieved here today besides reveal in your own weakness?

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    In the old days bad ideas were debated and defeated allowing the most sound to flourish.

In the "brave" new world bad ideas are feared for they are becoming harder and harder to debate against so they are quickly shoved into the darkness where they are allowed to grow unchecked and unchallenged...

People who seem almost thrilled about this confuse me. What is it exactly you think you achieved here today besides reveal in your own weakness?
    I don't fear them, I just want them to obey the rules ... Like I do.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    She is either a attention seeker and doesn't believe the shit she says or she is dumb and truly a piece of shit.
    Or she grew up with racist parents who indoctrinated the shit out of her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Yes it is. At least in America it is.
    This isn't America. Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post
    No it isn't.
    Yes it is.

Deleted
    A beautiful face with a bad character.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-05-23 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Yeah, xskarma, your 2nd chance for today!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    What old days were those? When was this?

No, I'm sorry. The "brave" new world has issues with replies and understanding what private business is. Just because the Internet is at your fingertips, does not mean you own the area you are communicating in. If you want to start your own site, then all power to you. If you use a service, that service is in full right to limit access based on your actions.

The confusion is two folds. Peoples opinions are public far more than they ever been, thanks to the Internet. At the same time, Internet is not tegible enough for people to understand what it actually is. You combine the amount of people airing their opinions, with not understanding that this thing you use on your private PC, in your own house, is not actually your property or a public space... and you end up here.

Instead of seeing that there is more discourse on just about every topic than there has ever been... People like you point at pretty much a store and take issue with a store owner kicking out a belligerent patron. The reality, this is nothing new nor is it ever an issue outside of the Internet. While at the same time, propagating the false belief that communication is stifled as a result.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    I mean, Eva Braun was beautiful as well. Still she was hitlers mattress. And shared his view. Obviously.

Her Twitter is Evalion88 (88 is for "Heil Hitler"), so good riddance i guess. She has the right to free speech, but she has no right for google spreading her bullshit. I don't care whether she's a troll or a real racist, i'd report her anytime.

And this is not about laws. Noone is sueing her, nor will she have to go to jail. Youtube is a private Website, either you follow the terms of service, or you might get banned. She can spout her nonsense on her front porch all she wants. But noone is forced to spread her word, or to listen to her crap.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2016-05-23 at 04:55 PM.

Only in 16 countries..out of..whatever hundred we have https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holoca...locaust_denial
    Maybe you didn't hear my the first time when I said
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Not in my country
    so I'll say it again; Not in my country

Freedom of speech can be a bitch. Not every country is up to it. Maybe someday your's will be. Best of luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Her Twitter is Evalion88 (88 is for "Heil Hitler"), so good riddance i guess. She has the right to free speech, but she has no right for google spreading her bullshit. I don't care whether she's a troll or a real racist, i'd report her anytime.
    I guess people born '88 shouldn't put their birth year in their usernames or that products shouldn't be allowed to be the 88th product, because that could be misconstrued as heil hitler.

Hate speech? In the United States? Is that the issue? That's pretty clear cut.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Defending total free-speech and defending the youtuber is two different things
    You sir, need to read Youtubes ToS.

Total free speech is not a thing there.
    Not since google got their hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What old days were those? When was this?

No, I'm sorry. The "brave" new world has issues with replies and understanding what private business is. Just because the Internet is at your fingertips, does not mean you own the area you are communicating in. If you want to start your own site, then all power to you. If you use a service, that service is in full right to limit access based on your actions.

The confusion is two folds. Peoples opinions are public far more than they ever been, thanks to the Internet. At the same time, Internet is not tegible enough for people to understand what it actually is. You combine the amount of people airing their opinions, with not understanding that this thing you use on your private PC, in your own house, is not actually your property or a public space... and you end up here.

Instead of seeing that there is more discourse on just about every topic than there has ever been... People like you point at pretty much a store and take issue with a store owner kicking out a belligerent patron. The reality, this is nothing new nor is it ever an issue outside of the Internet. While at the same time, propagating the false belief that communication is stifled as a result.
    No we simply point out the issue rather then running under the skirts of a technicality like a boy behind his mothers skirt. No one is arguing they didn't have the right. People are arguing that they shouldn't of...

I swear when it comes to defending cowardice certain crowds suddenly become lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-cupcakes.html

I can't believe there are people defending her and even worse, a petition to reinstate her channel! What is the world coming to?!
    The question is, why did youtube take this long to ban her channel?

The person in question...

although what she has to say offends a certain group of the populace, so do hundreds of other bloggers and youboobers. you cannot support just the idiots you like without allowing the idiots you don't like to express their opinion.

I am absolutely not saying that baking people in ovens because they were of a particular race is even in the ballpark of condoanable nor am I supporting this person, although she is very cute. I am only saying that you cannot allow freedom of expression to only the people who agree with you.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

She looks totally cute!

And to be honest, I'm not all that perfect myself either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    yeah. just like thirsty stands for horny when speaking on social media right?

inj88 is thristy

give me a break.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Youtube is a private company and a new user name can be made in seconds. This is a non-story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    I guess people born '88 shouldn't put their birth year in their usernames or that products shouldn't be allowed to be the 88th product, because that could be misconstrued as heil hitler.
    "Her true identity isn't known but she is believed to be 18, living in Canada and well spoken". Reading is hard. Even if she was born in 88, given the context, I'm sure she's quite aware of the meaning.

I really don't care whether she's just stupid and desperately needs the attention, because her mom neglected her, or whether she believes in that shit. Responsible people bear the consequences for their actions.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2016-05-23 at 04:59 PM.