Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Hey look its that one guy who does nothing but complain about other people complaining about the shitty writing.

beatingadeadhorse.gif
    Sure, if you ignore me actually talking about the episodes, then your nonsense would be true.

I love that you constantly accuse critics of the writing of being some sort of weird book elitists, but somehow there can't be the opinion that people are being show apologists and excusing storytelling that doesn't fit/is subjectively worse than the book storytelling?
    I've said that there aren't show apologists and people excusing poor storytelling? Shit son that's news to me. I have no problem with people finding episodes poorly written. I just find it laughable when the same ~3-4 people seem to hate virtually everything the show does because they have a rage boner for D&D. You even do it here. Despite them explicitly saying it was GRRM's idea, you STILL manage to somehow find some way to complain about D&D regarding it.

But back to Stannis again, huh? I look forward to WoW coming out and virtually the same thing happens and you guys spin around trying to justify your blatant hypocrisy.

Eh, I don't know why I ever expect this thread to get better so we can actually discuss the episode rather than rage about the writers. I'm out again. I guess there isn't hope for it so screw it.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-05-23 at 05:05 PM.

Still trying to figure what was the importance of when Brann was visioning too, was it just a random day with Hodor there, more about Jon parents? Why was Eddards dad leaving? Thats how it looked to me anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I've said that there aren't show apologists and people excusing poor storytelling? Shit son that's news to me. I have no problem with people finding episodes poorly written. I just find it laughable when the same ~3-4 people seem to hate virtually everything the show does because they have a rage boner for D&D. You even do it here. Despite them explicitly saying it was GRRM's idea, you STILL manage to somehow find some way to complain about D&D regarding it.
    Nah, I (and others) have said there are show apologists, including yourself, and you dismiss it out of hand.

And if Stannis is at Shireen's burning and approves of it, I'll eat my words, but I am 1000% sure that's not happening. You seem to confusing whether plot points happen vs. whether the motivations/setup is the same. Shireen may very well burn - it won't happen like it did in the show, because the way it happened in the show made no sense in light of who these characters are (even how they are in the show).

Also, if you had actually read my first post after this show aired, you'd know I liked the majority of the episode and said it was better written than the previous ones.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2016-05-23 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Eh, I don't know why I ever expect this thread to get better so we can actually discuss the episode rather than rage about the writers. I'm out again. I guess there isn't hope for it so screw it.
    Can you actually leave for good this time? Because this is roughly the 6th time you've said you're gonna leave, and yet you keep on coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Still trying to figure what was the importance of when Brann was visioning too, was it just a random day with Hodor there, more about Jon parents? Why was Eddards dad leaving? Thats how it looked to me anyways.
    I think the presumption is Bloodraven took him there specifically because he knew that Hodor had to be Hodorized, and that the coming events would make that happen. After all, the story beat is: "You're leading the Night's King straight to us............let's not actually try and escape, let's go on another vision quest."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    I don't think it was Rickard leaving, I think it was Ned leaving to be Jon Arryns ward at the Eyrie.

And Bran didn't just go there randomly, Bloodraven took him there, so one could argue that Bloodraven knew what was going to happen and knew that Bran would need Hodor to save him.

I do hope Benjen comes back, perhaps have a version of Coldhands show up too.

Deleted
    Joseph Mawle, the guy who played Benjen in Season 1, is on the imdb for episode 6, credited as the "Brother beyond the Wall".

But its imdb, so take it with a pinch of salt.

7+ Year Old Account
    i feel sorry for wylis...
    and the wolf....
    there is no greater pain than watching an animal getting killed ;-;

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's kinda where the whole time travel/whatever stuff falls apart for me. (As it always does in stories where it exists, but hey)

I mean, the Raven can claim that "the ink is dry" and you can't change stuff, but in this case he knew what was happening. He knew what was coming, and that his actions would directly cause what came next. Simply not acting at all would indeed have altered events in significant ways, so rather than "you can't change the past" being some kind of great cosmic truth, it ends up seeming more like some arbitrary thing that the Raven decides.
    It is an interesting concept because I feel as if whatever Bran tried to change in the past, had already been changed by the future Bran. So maybe Bloodraven is right by saying that the ink is dry. because they are living in the timeline that has been already altered by greenseers. so no matter what you change, you will return to the reality you already live in.

OR maybe Bloodraven is afraid that if Bran changes something NEW, then the unknown consequences will be wide and big (the butterfly effect) so he doesn't want to risk fkn up the world more than it is.

Cersei thinks LF is taking the Arryn army to fight the Boltons who betrayed KL and Tywin's pact with them from the Red Wedding by marrying into the Stark family. She wouldn't be upset with that, and LF wouldn't risk having enemies on both sides of him. Give the dude a little credit.

And Cersei was told about the White Walkers in season 1, and she dismissed the reports from the Wall as fairy tales.

Unless your post was just a theoretical exercise on what Cersei would do if she knew the truth.

Yea Kingslanding has been way to far behind the times this season. The only seem to care about the High Sparrow, nothing on Dorne or Arryns or Littlefinger betrayals or the Bolton/Frey Alliance. Course what to you expect with Spineless king, Mad Queen mother, and Tywin dead.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2016-05-23 at 08:48 PM.

While watching Aryia part, I remembered something. The Red Woman telling her they would meet again. Then I wondered about The Many-faced God and how could he 'treat' the other religions. I have a feeling Aryia will be sent to Westeros to kill the priestess. Exellent way for her to escape the men without faces and reunite with her family.

And Dany is such a typical woman... From I care about you Jorah, to GTFO Jorah, to 'I'll talk with you Jorah,' to GTFO Jorah (again), to 'you saved my life Jorah :*,' to 'I cant keep you but I also cant kill you,' to 'come back to me when you are cured <3' like geez, the girl cant make her mind.

Wonder what was it with Bran meeting the whitewalkers outside. Was it a vision? It can't be, cause they met at the same tree where Bran really was and 3ER said that now that the Nights King touched him, he knows where he is. Any ideas?

Also wondering where will Theon and Yara go to now.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Maybe Jon needs a navy?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yara didn't have balls to do that, neither did Theon I guess.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Yara, as a strong independent woman that ain't no need no man (thank god she's not black) should team up with Sand Snakes - connecting the two most shit plotlines in the show into one massive shit. Add Theon to that, too. He has a bad pussy too, i would imagine.

Seriously now, I think they will MAYBE sail to Mereen to get to Daenerys first and try to persuade her before Euron. Greyjoys are natural enemies to all the houses as far as I can see, as are Targaryens right now.

Or they could visit the house of black and white. Yara would become noone, and Theon will drink the poison and regain his cock the same way Arya regained her sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Now that the TV writers are writing the story, the quality has dropped a lot.

If George RR Martin was writing it, I bet it would be amazing as it always was. Jon's resurrection would've been done better or maybe he wouldn't have been resurrected. The "hold the door" thing would've never happened.

I kind of wished we would've waited for George to finish.
    I agree. There was so much untold story in the books that never made it into the show and it kind of baffles me that they chose to push out more seasons the way they did...

Normally, if a TV show is successful, the writers slow it down and try to drag out a show as long as possible, which they actually could have done here by having more character development. Even if they came up with enough meaningful content to create 1 more season, probably after season 3 and the Red Wedding, they could've added much more about obviously Lady Stoneheart, and the events at Moat Cailin for example, this would've given GRRM another year to finish the book.

It's like, take a wildly successful show, then take out alot of meaningful content to have less seasons of it why? Then be left to guess which way GRRM is gonna take things because we rushed everything and he's not finished yet...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    While watching Aryia part, I remembered something. The Red Woman telling her they would meet again. Then I wondered about The Many-faced God and how could he 'treat' the other religions. I have a feeling Aryia will be sent to Westeros to kill the priestess. Exellent way for her to escape the men without faces and reunite with her family.

Well most of your questions could be answered if you read the spoils 20pages ago.
    Don't know if you want them or not so I won't elaborate exept if you ask.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, I like Yara, her character seems like an actual, legitimate strong character. Not some bullshit conjured up "stronk womyn" crap like the Sand Snakes.
    I agree. Yara is a captain, loved by her men (just look at how much Ships she stole when leaving). She spent her life fighting and commanding men. She is strong, but not independant, she took Theon's help, and the help of her men to steal ships.
    She is nothing like the sandsnakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't tell but how many ships did Yara and her followers take? all of them? 40-50 ships?

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Now that the TV writers are writing the story, the quality has dropped a lot.

If George RR Martin was writing it, I bet it would be amazing as it always was. Jon's resurrection would've been done better or maybe he wouldn't have been resurrected. The "hold the door" thing would've never happened.

I kind of wished we would've waited for George to finish.
    You do realize that the "Hold the Door" moment was actually given to them by Martin right? Watch the post episode where they talk about how its the saddest moment Martin ever told them about his plans for Hodor.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!