Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

To Do List at the start of Legion

So every time a new expac comes out there is always things some people know to do right away that others don't. For instance; getting the treasures to get more garrison resources, trying to get the extra followers quickly, and my favorite, whoever got x amount of boss kills whether they got loot or not went to the internal counter that went torwards getting the raiding Cache's. So my question is what is that Niche info that people should know to maximize out first? Is crafted gear going to be really powerful with the obliterum etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gathering skills you dropped in WoD will come in handy in Legion.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    As you quest, be prepared to keep an eye on your mini-map. If you see a star, you will want to kill it. It normally give you an item that is Artifact power. And while there is a huge number of people leveling, be prepared to drop whatever your doing, kite whatever mob your currently killing to make sure you tag the star.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    As you quest, be prepared to keep an eye on your mini-map. If you see a star, you will want to kill it. It normally give you an item that is Artifact power. And while there is a huge number of people leveling, be prepared to drop whatever your doing, kite whatever mob your currently killing to make sure you tag the star.
    How often do you come across something like this?
    No beta yet, I'll keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    My To Do List at the start of Legion is to go to a funeral that day and then get back to work. The next day I plan on working as well. The Legion beta hasn't impressed me.
    A funeral? Planned months in advance? Am I missing some sort of "wow is dead" comment here or?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWPyxis View Post
    How often do you come across something like this?
    You do all the time and they respawn fast so don't worry if you miss one.

The follower quest line starts early, I would build up on them for EXP and AP

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    A funeral? Planned months in advance? Am I missing some sort of "wow is dead" comment here or?
    Aw, let him have his moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Hopefully no one spoils it, but I think they are referring to someone in the begining dying in one of the early cutscenes and them having a funeral.

There's not really a checklist of stuff, it depends on what you want to do. You need to push your order campaign as quickly as possible though (it's heavily time gated so you only have to do a little work before you're going to wait many many hours before you can continue progress). When you finish it you unlock the 3rd relic slot in your weapons. If you craft/gather you're going to need to go through a ton of quests and do lots and lots and lots of flying. You're going to want to buy a 250k gold ring at 101 and at 110 run dungeons (finish up all your dungeon quests) while questing in Suramar to try and jump over the 810 ilvl line, then clean up the world quests with items as rewards as they'll be 825 and then continue questing in Suramar while running heroics.

Some important things: if you plan on playing an off-spec (pure DPS or hybrids and you multi-role) weapon relics are ungodly rare for some stupid reason (thanks blizz) so if you get a relic while leveling that isn't good (downgrade or a node you don't want) make sure you switch to your other spec and get the reward for that weapon so your weapons all have relics in them.

Once you're done with Suramar and you've maxed your crafting stuff, there's not much to do but run mythic/heroic dungeons and raid, or do world quests for possible WF/TF items, grind for legendary drops, and gather artifact power & resources to keep researching artifact power gain increases and to work towards unlocking the 2nd legendary piece.

For people who play a lot, it's a lot like WoD. It's just less than a month's worth of content and then grinding. So I hope you liked WoD if you're not a raider. Enjoy World of Diablocraft.

alpha/beta doesn't feel like WoD. there are some legitimate gripes with Legion, but from my personal experience they understand some of their fuckups with WoD and have tried to prevent/remove/replace the problems.

I don't think there's a checklist needed, though. A lot of what you'll want to do will flow naturally as you level and play. If you mean total completion, then I'm sure there will be some addons so no treasures etc... are missed.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2016-05-23 at 06:55 PM.

Given I'm on the largest PvP realm in the US, I suspect opening day will be 8 hours of sitting in a queue, and then 2 hours of begging the instance server to please let me in.

I mean call me a pessimist but that's been every launch so far for me XD

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    alpha/beta doesn't feel like WoD.
    In what way? It's nearly identical.

I'm going to guess you haven't done much on beta?

I'll be (hopefully) reading up on 3.4 patch notes for FF14 that day, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    ... You're going to want to buy a 250k gold ring at 101 ...
    /cry

I just came to WOD. I did the WOD beta and it honestly ruined the live experience for me, so I stopped playing until a month ago when I bought a game time coin.

I realize I don't have nearly the amount of gold I could have had, and I'm behind. My measly 100K is pennies now, where before WOD I was OK.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWPyxis View Post
    /cry

I just came to WOD. I did the WOD beta and it honestly ruined the live experience for me, so I stopped playing until a month ago when I bought a game time coin.

I realize I don't have nearly the amount of gold I could have had, and I'm behind. My measly 100K is pennies now, where before WOD I was OK.
    Gotta start running cata raids every week, it's like ~10k gold per character per week.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagga24 View Post
    So every time a new expac comes out there is always things some people know to do right away that others don't. For instance; getting the treasures to get more garrison resources, trying to get the extra followers quickly, and my favorite, whoever got x amount of boss kills whether they got loot or not went to the internal counter that went torwards getting the raiding Cache's. So my question is what is that Niche info that people should know to maximize out first? Is crafted gear going to be really powerful with the obliterum etc?
    There're a few blurbs I did on this topic. Check my sig.

More 7.0 than the start of Legion, but #1 thing will be all the glorious bag space.

Kill deathwing again because that mofo still doesnt want to drop the blazing drake

10+ Year Old Account
    Do every quest in every area.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Gotta start running cata raids every week, it's like ~10k gold per character per week.
    This would be ideal, but I had just enough time in the month to get my main and on alt geared and ready for Legion before my token expired.

I'm crossing fingers for either beta to keep me busy or for pre-patch, then I'll sign sub again.