Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    I dont know all the evidence they have on the driver, as it didn't come out in either of the first two trials. Assuming they actually have some, (a big if perhaps), the driver is the only one I can see them potentially having a case against. Charging all six, particularly with petty arguments like this one, was abusrd. I wouldnt be surprised if all 6 walk.

Part of my case load is child abuse, and I know how difficult it can be charge someone with causing injuries when multiple people have access to the individual, no cooperative witness, and medical evidence is iffy on the exact time and cause of said injury. They basically start off with the "I didnt do it, they did" defense for reasonable doubt.
    The driver didn't even put him into the van from what I read.

I honestly don't think the female or the remaining black officer should get convicted either and I think they're the only ones who were really involved in the actual death part. He could have easily been acting a hot mess in the van and then "calmed down" which naturally happens during arrests. I would even say that even if restrained he probably would have banged his head into the walls and such because they really have no account of erratic driving from the driver. As I said earlier in the thread, arrested people will try anything in their power and the two mentioned probably thoroughly checked him for injuries to the best of their ability and found nothing which would lead them placing him into the cell without seeing medical personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Look who you are replying to, their schtick is always some version of "America...boo!/Canada...yay!"
    Obvious troll posts obvious troll posts. Saying so is an infraction risk, ironically, but it's worth it.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-05-23 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    How is this shameful? Guy ran from police, struggled when arrested(which he was detained without guns), flailed about the van when inside, injured himself most likely, and died. Cops' only wrong doing was not restraining him to the van so he couldn't act like an ass(seatbelt would have possibly helped or not) and not taking his self inflicted injury seriously(which when you arrest people half the time they make up shit on arrival).

What I wanna know is what's going to happen if the two black officers involved get convicted and this guy got off...... Baltimore will no longer exist due to BLM terrorists.

Police negligence is unacceptable. If you don't take a stand against it, you're part of the problem.

I thought read that it is believed his skeletal system was compromised from exposure to lead through most of his childhood and adolescence. From what I read about his lawsuit, his family presented evidence that he had shown at some point up to 4x the CDC level of exposure requiring testing. That paired with the struggle of the arrest and his gesticulations in the van were a likely culprit for his acute death.

The officer was being charged with misdemeanor assault, in which they don't have to prove intent, only that the assault was a result of reckless behavior on the officer's part. If the officer was not aware of or informed of a physical infirmity of the person being arrested, then proceeded to place him in the police vehicle as he had all the others, then I don't know how you classify that as reckless. Not belting him in? Evidently the State didn't do a good enough job to show that it was reckless, also a reckless act that led directly to the death, or that it was this particular officer's responsibility, and therefore his behavior that was reckless.

I find it interesting that I see news listing the charges as 2nd degree *intentional* assault when there is absolutely no provision for intent in Maryland law for assault in the 2nd degree. Intent is specifically limited to 1st degree. I assume the same evidence that could not prove assault also failed to prove recklessness as they are very close in nature under the law. The misconduct I don't know enough about.

The man had his day in court. He was found not guilty. You may not like the decision, but you have to have some trust in the system. If you don't, either change it or go somewhere else... Oh wait, the OP is somewhere else.

How many times is Trudeau going to have to apologize for molesting (bumping) his parliament members while reaching for a colleague. That is a much more entertaining and newsworthy subject on the asinine interpretation of due process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW-yvqpPm8I

At some point, the bleeding heart has to go dry right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Police negligence is unacceptable. If you don't take a stand against it, you're part of the problem.
    Well then perhaps you should read up before you post. The man in question had no involvement in negligence. The only shameful thing here is your lack of ability to research and read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Obvious troll posts obvious troll posts. Saying so is an infraction risk, ironically, but it's worth it.
    You also can't troll a troll - I have an infraction for that - but a troll can troll everyone without receiving an infraction.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-05-23 at 07:00 PM.

Oh no a angry face again.

Another fantastic BLM fail.

I'm sure he was only let off by the judge because of institutional racism.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

The courts so far have proven there was none you just want there to be some..

15+ Year Old Account
    reading the article is tough i guess
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Deleted
    This isn't surprising, juries tend to side with the defense because no one gives a shit about thugs nor what happens to them.

Correct decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    This isn't surprising, juries tend to side with the defense because no one gives a shit about thugs nor what happens to them.
    Wasn't a jury trial. Not surprising you didn't bother to read the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    I thought read that it is believed his skeletal system was compromised from exposure to lead through most of his childhood and adolescence. From what I read about his lawsuit, his family presented evidence that he had shown at some point up to 4x the CDC level of exposure requiring testing. That paired with the struggle of the arrest and his gesticulations in the van were a likely culprit for his acute death.

The officer was being charged with misdemeanor assault, in which they don't have to prove intent, only that the assault was a result of reckless behavior on the officer's part. If the officer was not aware of or informed of a physical infirmity of the person being arrested, then proceeded to place him in the police vehicle as he had all the others, then I don't know how you classify that as reckless. Not belting him in? Evidently the State didn't do a good enough job to show that it was reckless, also a reckless act that led directly to the death, or that it was this particular officer's responsibility, and therefore his behavior that was reckless.

I find it interesting that I see news listing the charges as 2nd degree *intentional* assault when there is absolutely no provision for intent in Maryland law for assault in the 2nd degree. Intent is specifically limited to 1st degree. I assume the same evidence that could not prove assault also failed to prove recklessness as they are very close in nature under the law. The misconduct I don't know enough about.

The man had his day in court. He was found not guilty. You may not like the decision, but you have to have some trust in the system. If you don't, either change it or go somewhere else... Oh wait, the OP is somewhere else.

How many times is Trudeau going to have to apologize for molesting (bumping) his parliament members while reaching for a colleague. That is a much more entertaining and newsworthy subject on the asinine interpretation of due process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW-yvqpPm8I

At some point, the bleeding heart has to go dry right?
    lol is there or can we get a thread going on Trudeau abusing women now since that is the OP's messiah?

Thugs are criminals. Exactly why would we care what happens to criminals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

It wasn't a jury trial

Ladies and Gentlemen this is exactly what the problem is in the world. People read headlines, develop strong opinions on something they know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Baltimore is gonna burn again
    It's clearly a white persons fault.

Nevermind that almost every position of power in Baltimore is held by a black person.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/baltimo...eath-1.3596368

Wow.
    This is shameful. What is going on with the legal system?
    This case is being brought against 6 police officers. Only one of them was driving the van where they say this guy broke his neck. This officer was not the driver. Why do you think he would be found guilty of killing this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    It's clearly a white persons fault.

Nevermind that almost every position of power in Baltimore is held by a black person.
    Or the black chief of police in Ferguson.

Define "take a stand against it." This can mean many things. Unless you operationalize your definition, your position in labeling others as "part of the problem" is meaningless.

Personally, I think not adding any real value to your own thread is unacceptable. If you don't agree, you are part of the problem.

(See how ridiculous that sounds?)