"The Ironborn will never follow a queen! So let's build a fleet of 1000 ships, travel to Essos and give them all to Queen Dany."

Great logic there, D&D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    I couldn't tell but how many ships did Yara and her followers take? all of them? 40-50 ships?
    Nearly all of them on screen, they all had sails down. Only a few on the front left had sails up.

Tried to count. I would say at least 50

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    Holy shit, Hold the door..

Loved that ending. Bloody pointless having summer suicide in that way, but oh well...
    Saves the CGI budget for more dragony goodness.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    The thing is now that Bran has seen the effect of playing with the past he might be scared shitless to do it again. He might never do it again, or do it relectantly at the end to save the day. I don't think we will see him doing shit left and right for funsies

- - - Updated - - -

Of episode 9 or the whole season?

- - - Updated - - -

Changing stuff IN the past isn't the same as changing the past.
    He was IN the past when he fucked up Hodor's mind to save him, but in the end he didn't change the past. It stayed the same past he knew.
    Episode 9 please.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    This is where time traveling somewhat ruins stories for me, but I am assuming they are using the single time dimension route where everything is destined. Brann was destined to fuck up and require Willis to "hold the door", so the past Willis has met future Brann before Brann was even born.
    I won't say any of that makes sense lol, but I get what you're saying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Something tells me Yara and Theon will group up with Sansa and Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I know, right? Terminator, Planet of the Apes, Twelve Monkeys, Days of Future Past, Edge of Tomorrow... terrible, just terrible.
    Because time travel in most of these was executed oh, so very well? Especially Terminator, where the timeline is a clusterfuck that only gets even more clusterfuck-y with each new movie. Most of these are either good despite time travel or just good with time travel playing no role in how good it is. A movie that's good because of it? Maybe Twelve Monkeys. Though I haven't watched Edge of Tomorrow (then again, haven't heard much good about it).
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-05-23 at 07:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i feel sorry for wylis...
    and the wolf....
    there is no greater pain than watching an animal getting killed ;-;
    I assume you must be a vegan.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yara should have just killed Euron.

I mean, "Hey, I'm just gonna murder this leader in front of everyone and no cares." is such a recurring theme this season, and at least that killing would make sense. But nooooooo.
    Would even make sense in the context of the scene.
    "Yes, I actually did kill Balon"
    *silence*
    *1 minute passes*
    *Yay, Euron is da guy (because he pledged himself to be a plot device for Daenerys' glory, but whatever)!*
    "Haha, surprise backstab bitch."
    "Oh, well, we just went with one kingslaying, so let's be consistent guys."
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Yara should have just killed Euron.

I mean, "Hey, I'm just gonna murder this leader in front of everyone and no cares." is such a recurring theme this season, and at least that killing would make sense. But nooooooo.
    She could have just waited till he was drowned, then killed him before he woke up since the ironborne don't seem to care about killing off the king.

this was the most stupid episode so far, it turned out to be more Walking dead episode than GoT, stupid deaths everywhere Gnarling Zombies that run like from WWZ not fantasy slow mindcontrolled skeletons, Sansa saying GTFO to Littlefinger and 50k soldiers than wonder how to get army to capture winterfell.... it left me so angry, dunno how people could connect with ending after everything from above.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Now that the TV writers are writing the story, the quality has dropped a lot.

If George RR Martin was writing it, I bet it would be amazing as it always was. Jon's resurrection would've been done better or maybe he wouldn't have been resurrected. The "hold the door" thing would've never happened.

I kind of wished we would've waited for George to finish.
    Oh come on. The show writers are doing a great job. Not sure why they get so much hate. Typical internet person mentality here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    I assume you must be a vegan.
    nope, i love meat as much as you do.
    but i just cant watch animals getting killed.

Formerly known as Arafal

Even his pitch seemed pretty weak.

Yara: "I'll build the largest fleet ever so we can fuck up these other kingdoms."

People: "Yara! Yara! Yara!"

Euron: "No *I* will build the largest fleet ever. Because I know someone else that needs it! Also, I killed the king!"

People: "No, wait! Euron! Euron! Euron!"

...what?
    Now compare it to the books where Asha offered peace with the North in exchange for some land that, unlike the Iron Islands, doesn't totally suck for farming. And presented chests of soil or plants, I don't remember. Then comes Euron, quite a bit after Balon died (since he died almost immediately after Mellsiandre did her leeches thing which showed she actually holds some power other than spawning shadows), so no one outright pins it on him, tells great stories of how the whole world prays when they see his sails and says he's going to bitch-slap Westeros into submission with the soon-to-be-stolen dragons. No wonder he won in the book. How he won in the show is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by lakisa View Post
    this was the most stupid episode so far, it turned out to be more Walking dead episode than GoT, stupid deaths everywhere Gnarling Zombies that run like from WWZ not fantasy slow mindcontrolled skeletons, Sansa saying GTFO to Littlefinger and 50k soldiers than wonder how to get army to capture winterfell.... it left me so angry, dunno how people could connect with ending after everything from above.

Not so sure she rejected the army. The Lord of the Vale (that boy whose name escapes me) still likes it, and she spared Littlefinger, so..
    Besides, I doubt the trusts him after what he's done - from her perspective there's a risk he'll betray her in the siege camp, or even while the siege is ongoing, and kill her + all of her soldiers with the armies of the Vale.

Even his pitch seemed pretty weak.

Yara: "I'll build the largest fleet ever so we can fuck up these other kingdoms."

People: "Yara! Yara! Yara!"

Euron: "No *I* will build the largest fleet ever. Because I know someone else that needs it! Also, I killed the king!"

People: "No, wait! Euron! Euron! Euron!"

...what?
    You're forgetting, "HE DOESN'T HAVE A WIENER, THAT MEANS HE CAN'T HAVE A VALID OPINION! HE USED BIG WORDS, WHAT A MORON LOL! HAHA I KNOW BY NO LONGER HAVING SEXUAL ORGANS, IT TAKES A CERTAIN TEMPTATION AWAY AND ACTUALLY CLEARS YOUR MIND AS IN THE CASE OF VARYS, BUT YOU HAVE NO DICK LMAO!"
    Euron is basically a shitposter in Ironborn form.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    I agree. There was so much untold story in the books that never made it into the show and it kind of baffles me that they chose to push out more seasons the way they did...

Normally, if a TV show is successful, the writers slow it down and try to drag out a show as long as possible, which they actually could have done here by having more character development. Even if they came up with enough meaningful content to create 1 more season, probably after season 3 and the Red Wedding, they could've added much more about obviously Lady Stoneheart, and the events at Moat Cailin for example, this would've given GRRM another year to finish the book.

It's like, take a wildly successful show, then take out alot of meaningful content to have less seasons of it why? Then be left to guess which way GRRM is gonna take things because we rushed everything and he's not finished yet...
    What makes you think Lady Stoneheart will not appear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Saves the CGI budget for more dragony goodness.
    They could have done one more episode with Summer. She protects a tired Meera and comatose Bran until Benjen saves the day.
    There. Better writting, better ending. Costs a little more.

ps: Fuck Dragons

Eh, I like Yara, her character seems like an actual, legitimate strong character. Not some bullshit conjured up "stronk womyn" crap like the Sand Snakes.
    Sorry, was just making fun of her, didn't really mean to insult her as a character. I just took the plotline of Greyjoys as a whole (that means killing Balon and the convo between Euron and Yara-Theon) which is pretty bad for reasons already mentioned, really reminded me of Dorne.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    I agree. Yara is a captain, loved by her men (just look at how much Ships she stole when leaving). She spent her life fighting and commanding men. She is strong, but not independant, she took Theon's help, and the help of her men to steal ships.
    She is nothing like the sandsnakes.
    Loved by her men, yet countered with 'a woman cant rule the kingdom'
    Theon's help is... well, miniscule. He said things, k. After that he almost cried (i understand he is broken, just pointing out he is weak now and won't be any help to Yara).

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Something tells me Yara and Theon will group up with Sansa and Jon.
    Didnt Theon fear Jon would kill him for what he's done? He left the NW, he can focus on his family now - I doubt he would forgive Theon betraying Robb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    She could have just waited till he was drowned, then killed him before he woke up since the ironborne don't seem to care about killing off the king.
    The way I see it, Ironborn are just backstabbing cunts, lol. Them giving up Theon to Ramsay, Euron killing Balon and going to murder Yara and Theon. It really wouldnt surprise me if they wouldnt react at all to them killing Euron, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    What makes you think Lady Stoneheart will not appear?
    Because Thoros of Myr and the brotherhood without banners have become thieves, nothing more. And Thoros gets killed by the Hound. So there is no one to rez Cat.
    And because they abandoned a shitload of plots so one more, one less doesn't change anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Loved by her men, yet countered with 'a woman cant rule the kingdom'
    Theon's help is... well, miniscule. He said things, k. After that he almost cried (i understand he is broken, just pointing out he is weak now and won't be any help to Yara).
    Those weren't her men but other captains, so the point still stands
    She says it herself "My men would wait for me 2years if needed" Do you really think those men wouldn't vote for her?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Didnt Theon fear Jon would kill him for what he's done? He left the NW, he can focus on his family now - I doubt he would forgive Theon betraying Robb.
    He doesn't know that Jon isn't NW anymore. But no they will go to Essos to highjack Dany from Euron. Nothing more they can do everyone hates the Greyjoys.