Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oops, yeah Fox.

I doubt I'll get into AoS, too many other shows/movies to watch, I don't like not giving shows a proper chance but the problem was I found the characters so dull that even if the plot got better I'd still not care much about the show.
    Yeah, I keep meaning to watch season 3 but there's so much more out there to watch I'm sure I'll get to it eventually. I'd be more excited about it if they tied into the movies a little more. I don't care for Skye as a character and they really shove her down your throat. Simmons got annoying too and I liked her a lot in the beginning. The Netflix shows are good enough that they don't need a movie tie-in to be interesting, imo (although that would be nice )
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSweetness View Post
    Yeah, I keep meaning to watch season 3 but there's so much more out there to watch I'm sure I'll get to it eventually. I'd be more excited about it if they tied into the movies a little more. I don't care for Skye as a character and they really shove her down your throat. Simmons got annoying too and I liked her a lot in the beginning. The Netflix shows are good enough that they don't need a movie tie-in to be interesting, imo (although that would be nice )
    I would die happy if they'd at least put Daredevil in an MCU film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

And Agents of Shield is terrible, hands down. Usual episodic TV shlock. The only reason it gets the number of viewers that it does is because of the Marvel connection. If you take that way it wouldn't have made it past its first season.
    That's your POV, personally, as a older guy, it's the only super-hero show I watch. Granted, partly, due to it's relation with what happens in the movies, but also I find the DC shows catering to teens/young adults, with ofttimes very poor storytelling. AoS's storytelling seem a lot better planned, and for me that makes for better shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say other than The Flash, AoS is the most consistent non-Netflix Superhero show. Arrow used to be good but I find it's been painfully mediocre since last season. I don't even watch it week to week anymore. Legends of Tomorrow I find to be pretty meh as well. I don't really like any of the main characters except for Stein and Captain Cold. Supergirl is fucking horrible. Not much else needs to be said about that.

The first 8 episodes of Agents of SHIELD are pretty rough but after that it kicks into gear and has some great episodes. There are some meh moments here and there but it never stays boring for too long. The Flash is still GOAT though. Agent Carter was quite a bit of fun too, a shame it got cancelled. Glad ABC didn't pick up the Marvel's Most Wanted Show. Hunter and Bobbi were pretty meh in my opinion.

If they are cancelling the Inhumans movie then I would like the Royal Family to show up on AoS, but honestly they'd be a bit too OP for that.

The Next ‘X-Men’ Movie May Take Place in Outer Space

For starters, yes, it will be set in the ‘90s.

“That was something Simon [Kinberg] and I discussed a long time ago, all the way back to when I first pitched the studio on First Class -- that they do each movie in 10-year increments,” Singer explains when asked about the ‘90s setting. “It’s a nice way for the audience to kind of keep track of the timeline, and it’s fun to play in these different eras. So that’s a good starting point.”

He continues, “But we’ve also introduced the tenets of time travel, which already exists in the comic book. Also I imagine – and this is the first time I’ve actually answered the question this way – but another thing that’s been introduced in the comics is a big alien, interstellar tenant within the X-Men universe that hasn’t been explored. And to me, that might be kind of fun because I’m a huge Star Wars and Star Trek fan, and exploring the X-Men universe and being able to utilize that would be exciting, visually. “

In terms of what Singer might be alluding to, we have a hunch they’ll be using Sophie Turner’s Jean Grey appearance in Apocalypse as a launching-off point for the famous “Dark Phoenix” storyline from the comics.

We went to our own Marvel expert John Gholson for more insight. “I suspect Singer is eyeing the Shi'ar Empire, which is not only a huge part of X-Men lore but a huge part of the Dark Phoenix storyline in particular,” he told us. “Jean Grey as Phoenix exiles herself to space to protect the X-Men, but the galactic trip expends her energy. She pulls the energy from a star that ends up destroying a planet, thus drawing the ire of the Shi'ar and embroiling her in a battle between her teammates and Shi'ar justice. “
    While Apocalypse doesn’t go out of its way to set this up, there are moments towards the end of the film involving Grey that definitely point in this direction, and the “Dark Phoenix” storyline is one fans are eager to see come to fruition.

Singer says that if he’s going to be deeply involved in another X-Men movie and return as director, this is the direction he’s most interested in exploring.
    Of course the success of Marvel’s Avengers and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is not to be ignored, and Singer admits that all of this will eventually lead to a crossover movie that includes multiple characters from different Marvel properties.

“Once it’s ready in the right way, you can bring in other franchises or characters that are established, if you can do them separately. The way Deadpool was very successful at it; hopefully Gambit will be as successful. Then you bring them all together, somewhat in the way Marvel does, but in our own way.”
    We specifically asked Singer if he could see this building towards a crossover event movie featuring the X-Men, X-Force and New Mutants
    His response?

“Yes, absolutely.
    But it has to be done right. Anytime you throw all these characters together to hit a start date, it can make a lot of money, but it can also be a clusterf**k. To me, it has to be done with a lot of care. These things can get overwhelming, and if a character doesn’t belong in a movie, don’t use him. If the tone can still maintain itself, I’m all for it. What I’m not for is throwing a bunch of characters together and hoping it works.”

Did Shield take the blue super juice and give give it to Howard so he could work on, test/analyze it?

Also is there anyone on Team Iron Man that hasnt broken the accords. Stark did when he went after Cap/Bucky. Natasha did when she let them escape. BP did at the end. Rhody is a cripple for now, so he is out. Vision is the only left standing that hasnt broken the law nor to injured to fight. Also could Spiderman who is 15, sign w/o Aunt May there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Did Shield take the blue super juice and give give it to Howard so he could work on, test/analyze it?

Also is there anyone on Team Iron Man that hasnt broken the accords. Stark did when he went after Cap/Bucky. Natasha did when she let them escape. BP did at the end. Rhody is a cripple for now, so he is out. Vision is the only left standing that hasnt broken the law nor to injured to fight. Also could Spiderman who is 15, sign w/o Aunt May there?
    I dont think Tony did, I'm pretty sure he got permission.

stark was the one who gave people permission to do super things so peter didnt have to sign anything, tony just had to tell him he was okay to do what he did.

the contract between marvel and sony said that theyre allowed to continue the civil war storyline if they want to (and use a marvel character, which is iron man)

its possible we might see something about the accords in homecoming.

now that tony isnt in charge of the accords anymore it'll be interesting whether or not spider-man will be considered a fugitive.

i have a feeling he will be, which will make jameson right for once.

"SPIDER-MAN! FUGITIVE CRIMINAL! MENACE OF NEW YORK! WANTED BY THE FBI AND THE UNITED NATIONS! BLAH BLAH BLAH JJ STUFF"

i can see the headlines now.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Also could Spiderman who is 15, sign w/o Aunt May there?
    The Avengers' signatures on the accords were the current Avengers members formally agreeing to abide by those accords. It still applies to those who didn't sign (i.e. if you didn't agree, you don't get away with being a vigilante anymore), and it's still the law of the land for every other enhanced out there.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    I dont think Tony did, I'm pretty sure he got permission.
    No no no, i meant the last part, in Russia by himself.

side note: can we plz just get a damn spoiler tag button?!?!

Deleted
    Should we consider these spoilers any longer?
    I mean the movie has been out for weeks, no need for spoiler tags imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Should we consider these spoilers any longer?
    I mean the movie has been out for weeks, no need for spoiler tags imo.
    I think the problem with that is that this isn't just a Civil War thread, so I might give it a few weeks so someone doesn't accidentally stumble in here to talk about AoS or something and get spoiled.

But I've seen the movie so idc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The 90s. Basically, Spiderman and Madame Web were going to go find Mary Jane.
    They did. It literally went into the next series and he still never found her iirc.

anyone else get serious cap vibes from 76?

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I would die happy if they'd at least put Daredevil in an MCU film.
    He is the one I'd most like to see as well.
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    anyone else get serious cap vibes from 76?
    ...not remotely.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    ...not remotely.
    idk, when you look at his young skin

and the fact he was basically the moral leader poster boy of the team. hes essentially cap if cap got old and hardened but without a shield.

- - - Updated - - -

bright blue eyed blonde moral leader in red white and blue. the inspiration seems kind of obvious to me

- - - Updated - - -

"John “Jack” Morrison grew up in rural Indiana, a farmer’s son with a heart of gold and a spark of determination that shone brighter than the fields in Indiana could ever hope to contain. When he was old enough, Morrison joined the military — with every intent to return home after a few years in service. But Morrison caught the eye of his superiors due to his strong work ethic and courage. And before he knew it, he earned a spot in a controversial soldier enhancement program, whose details are still classified to this day. What we do know is that the program involved genetic enhancement, giving soldiers superhuman speed, strength, and agility.

When Overwatch was originally formed in response to the Omnic Crisis, Morrison and one of his friends from the program, Gabriel Reyes, were asked to join the team. Reyes was appointed leader, but it was Morrison who really kept the team together and had the greatest impact. Morrison simply brought out out the best in those around him, inspiring them despite their differences and shaping the team as a whole into a cohesive fighting force. Morrison’s efforts didn’t go unnoticed, and when the Omnic Crisis was over, he was given leadership of the team, becoming the first official commander of Overwatch.

But Reyes wasn’t happy about being overlooked for the promotion, and tensions began to rise between the once-close friends. This all culminated in a fight at Overwatch’s Swiss headquarters, and an explosion that not only destroyed the facility, but killed both Morrison and Reyes. In the wake of the destruction, Overwatch was disbanded. Morrison was supposedly buried at Arlington National Cemetery, but in truth, his body was never recovered from the explosion. The farmboy never made it home to Indiana, and Overwatch crumpled without him serving as its guiding hand."

that origin is straight up cap riffing

That newsman guy who hates Spider-Man, why doesn't he also want to go after Daredevil and other "vigilantes"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    That newsman guy who hates Spider-Man, why doesn't he also want to go after Daredevil and other "vigilantes"?
    He does*, but Spider-man is more public and tends to operate more in midtown where the paper publishes.

*Or at least did, it's decades since I've read the comics.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    daredevil tends to work in the shadier parts of town fighting straight up criminals.

spidey tends to work in the nicer parts of town and alot of his baddies are flashy and cause lots of damage.

plus, one is a guy with sticks and the other is a guy who shoots webs and swings around town in daylight.