Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    It's Shadowburn spamming. Move around and cast portals and back to Shadowburn spamming.
    I'll throw some more questions at you, if you don't mind

1. What do you find more fun, destro on live, or beta?

2. I'm reading people are pretty much swimming in Soul Shards in PvE, how is it in PvP?

3. I know tuning isn't done yet, but are there classes you struggle with?

4. Are we still executors in a battleground? I would imagine it's a possibility with Shadowburn spam. Always fun to have 30+ kills and 0 deaths

5. If not, do you think destro will have a place on an RBG team, in terms of overall damage*? I'm so tired of "affli or fuck off" (as well as other issues) I'm saddened even by the thought of doing destro RBGs on live

*to please DPS horny RBG leaders that won't give a shit about your other contributions
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

How is PvP with the newest drain life change?

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    It's Shadowburn spamming. Move around and cast portals and back to Shadowburn spamming.
    Pretty much this. Tried a chaos bolt build but it's just too slow. Shadowburn + firestone spam feels so much better right now.

From what I can tell Beta Destro chaos bolt does as much or less damage than live.

What is the cool guy destro pvp spec people are using? What pet?
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Shadow vs Demo

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cobrak streamed some beta pvp earlier as affliction/destruction. It's probably the most up to date video you'll find by someone who at least plays the class on live as well.

https://www.twitch.tv/casteas16/v/67728601

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Pretty much this. Tried a chaos bolt build but it's just too slow. Shadowburn + firestone spam feels so much better right now.
    Is there a special trick to make this do more than just tickle your enemy?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Where is he from? Can't place his accent at all D: It's like a geordie/scandinavian mix.
    Last edited by Blandalf; 2016-05-22 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Is there a special trick to make this do more than just tickle your enemy?
    Yeah, run around with a prot pally. Destro locks just feel horrible to me right now on the beta. I find charred remains/chaos bolt spam more fun than all this noodle damage.

Yeah, run around with a prot pally. Destro locks just feel horrible to me right now on the beta. I find charred remains/chaos bolt spam more fun than all this noodle damage.
    Yeah. The show burn spam feels like trying to kill someone while only using non shatter ice lance spam.

Destro is bound to go down the eradication path, as chaos bolt will eventually outscale shadowburn, especially if you consider the pvp talent firestone which is going to massively increase CB's strength with said scaling, as for affli I don't know really, everyone is complaining about dot damage being total garbage outside several stacked UAs, but this has always been the case for the most recent expansions , I'm honestly waiting to see how long it's going to stay like this though, so far I'm leaning towards playing demo as main spec.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Destro is bound to go down the eradication path, as chaos bolt will eventually outscale shadowburn, especially if you consider the pvp talent firestone which is going to massively increase CB's strength with said scaling, as for affli I don't know really, everyone is complaining about dot damage being total garbage outside several stacked UAs, but this has always been the case for the most recent expansions , I'm honestly waiting to see how long it's going to stay like this though, so far I'm leaning towards playing demo as main spec.
    Even with the scaling chaos bolt damage, our damage isn't great outside of that and dimensional rifts. Half our main talents being garbage doesn't help either :P

Deleted
    Preferred having Shadowburn as an execute rather than the spam that it has become. Destro doesn't really like viable now, even after number tuning don't think it's going to be good at all

Even with the scaling chaos bolt damage, our damage isn't great outside of that and dimensional rifts. Half our main talents being garbage doesn't help either :P
    Indeed, thats why im not going to play destro, demo looks appealing but im just worried that outside factors directly affect our damage in pvp, what I mean by this is things like aoe fear on our minions basically stops our damage temporarily outside thalkiel ( shadowbolt/Demonbolt don't rly count much ), so I'm worried about things like los forcing imps to stop casting and reposition etc are obvious flaws in design that will be abused at higher levels, which pretty much brings us back to affliction and its noodle damage

Right now on beta shadow priests are looking so appealing in terms of playstyle , they're so mobile and have ample self healing ( although locks have more raw tankiness ) it sure beats affliction in terms of fun, as for destruction, fire mages are 20 times more fun and mobile.

The only warlock spec I'm not disappointed in right now is demo given it's flaws and all.

I don't know why warlocks had to be the gimmicky least mobile class, which I'm totally fine with tbh as long as our specs are polished properly and not some garbage 2nd tier quick fix just to get people to shut up ( by polished I do mean numbers tuning, only demo is fine tuning wise ).

Edit: what they should be doing with affliction instead of going like " oh shit locks can stack UA now better nerf their other dots to abysmal values" is simply applying a limit on the number of stacks UA can be stacked on a target, lets say 3 stacks max, and then proceed to buff our normal dots to actually non garbage values ( lets say twice the sp scaling ? ) that would make the spec way more fluid.
    Last edited by wholol; 2016-05-24 at 11:53 PM.

When you guys are talking about scaling of chaos bolt, won't that be a non factor in pvp anyway? Maybe I misunderstand, but I thought stats in pvp were going to be crap anyway.

They broke Destruction by removing backdraft the very least.

Demonology looks to be very viable, just frustrating in getting last hits or chasing someone with 1% HP due to lack of short cd, cheap instant casts. However, the spec has great burst potential (reaching up to 1M crits, which I'm not sure is going to stay) and has some great drain tanking viability. The pvp talents are solid, great choices for different situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    Where is he from? Can't place his accent at all D: It's like a geordie/scandinavian mix.
    I think he was from North England or something? So difficult to understand though

Anyone have or know of a video of the Fel lord talent? Would be interesting to see if he is permanent until killed or a one time use guy once he deals his damage / stun .
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2016-05-28 at 01:18 AM.

Found this video on demo PvP with some commentary It looks a bit more fun than destro (judging by Cobrak's stream)

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post

Found this video on demo PvP with some commentary It looks a bit more fun than destro (judging by Cobrak's stream)
    OMG they made a caster tank! The build while having ZERO mobility can tank like a boss and setup huge burst ..