10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    How long something is out doesn't justify posting a spoiler about the end of a long game as it's just an arbitrary number you attached to it, feel free to continue to white knight such behavior though whatever makes you feel good.

Regardless of how you feel though, it remains a dickish move.
    Regardless of how you feel don't come into a thread about a game a year after it releases and expect people to still be using spoiler tags. Sorry you got spoiled, but you should've known better.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Also he only mentioned the spheres nothing else, thats hardly a spoiler
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Yeah I don't really get that either, throughout the entire game you're going through these areas where you encounter contracts about monsters that take out groups of normal people. This technology (I don't even know what is meant by that) isn't solving their problems apparently.
    The main reason as far as i know is simply that people constantly wrecked Witcher schools.

Kaer Morhen was sacked at least once by a peasant riot before the witcher games and we know that the Cat school is wrecked as well.

In Nilfgaard Witchers aren't even allowed to enter cities, being some kind of internal exiles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Regardless of how you feel don't come into a thread about a game a year after it releases and expect people to still be using spoiler tags. Sorry you got spoiled, but you should've known better.
    From the rules thread.

"Spoilers
    Please do not post spoilers, especially for newly- or recently-released games. The BB code to use looks like this:

The resulting text will be hidden under a black bar that will reveal the text beneath by simply clicking on the black part:"

So this isn't about "feels"

10+ Year Old Account
    Newly or recently released games. A year is not new. Also, those rules are very flexible.

I haven't beaten Mass Effect 3 yet and guess what? I didn't go into the ME3 thread, because I knew there would be spoilers. Use common sense. I don't even know why you'd bother coming to this thread anyways if you haven't beaten the game. You've kinda already missed the boat on discussing the game. We'll all be discussing Blood and Wine in a week.

And you're the one who brought up "feels"

10+ Year Old Account
    From the rules thread.

"Spoilers
    Please do not post spoilers, especially for newly- or recently-released games. The BB code to use looks like this:

The resulting text will be hidden under a black bar that will reveal the text beneath by simply clicking on the black part:"

So this isn't about "feels"
    The game released about a year ago.

Opening a over 300 pages long discussion thread now, and not being prepared for that there might be end game spoilers being posted, is entirely on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Newly or recently released games. A year is not new. Also, those rules are very flexible.

I haven't beaten Mass Effect 3 yet and guess what? I didn't go into the ME3 thread, because I knew there would be spoilers. Use common sense. I don't even know why you'd bother coming to this thread anyways if you haven't beaten the game. You've kinda already missed the boat on discussing the game. We'll all be discussing Blood and Wine in a week.

And you're the one who brought up "feels"
    Keyword you totally didn't intentionally avoid the keyword "especially" new- or recently released. I know and then check in to see what's new or if there has been an update of sorts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keyword you totally didn't intentionally avoid the keyword "especially" new- or recently released. I know and then check in to see what's new or if there has been an update of sorts.
    That's what the point about the rules being flexible was about. Why would they make a point to single out spoilers for new games? If there are no spoilers, then that'd be it. No, the rules are flexible and other than new games generally the people in the thread decide when to drop the spoilers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I'd hope so, but it seems nobody in the game is thinking about what will happen with the monsters with no new witchers around.
    Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I got the impression that Monsters themselves were on the decline. Add in technology catching up and the Witcher's biggest strength is his knowledge of Monsters' strengths and weaknesses. Witchers usually operate alone, but the state could very easily form a band of soldiers to clear out drowner nests and the like.

I always felt like that was one of the more lonely aspects of one of the game's underlying themes, in that Geralt is only really welcomed when he can provide a service, but each success lessens his need in the world. One of the last trailers for Witcher 3 with the Vampire (forgot the specific type) woman that he fights in the barn exemplified this by stating, "there was a time when no witcher would take this contract".
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I got the impression that Monsters themselves were on the decline. Add in technology catching up and the Witcher's biggest strength is his knowledge of Monsters' strengths and weaknesses. Witchers usually operate alone, but the state could very easily form a band of soldiers to clear out drowner nests and the like.

I always felt like that was one of the more lonely aspects of one of the game's underlying themes, in that Geralt is only really welcomed when he can provide a service, but each success lessens his need in the world. One of the last trailers for Witcher 3 with the Vampire (forgot the specific type) woman that he fights in the barn exemplified this by stating, "there was a time when no witcher would take this contract".
    Theres also another issue, look at the witch hunters in witcher 3, thats what happens when humans get too much power over others.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account

A lot of the technology used especially the potions are too toxic for regular humans to consume or use. Besides the mutation they also undergo training from young age. I don't believe that how to deal with certain type of monsters is common knowledge outside of the witchers circles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The main reason as far as i know is simply that people constantly wrecked Witcher schools.

Kaer Morhen was sacked at least once by a peasant riot before the witcher games and we know that the Cat school is wrecked as well.

In Nilfgaard Witchers aren't even allowed to enter cities, being some kind of internal exiles.
    I thought Kaer Morhen was rekt by another Witcher School (Letho's to be specific) and Cat school was because they basically devolved into a bunch of assassins for hire, thus sorta earned their fate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I thought Kaer Morhen was rekt by another Witcher School (Letho's to be specific) and Cat school was because they basically devolved into a bunch of assassins for hire, thus sorta earned their fate?
    That much is true. There's a DLC cat school quest in the game that touches upon that too.

I thought Kaer Morhen was rekt by another Witcher School (Letho's to be specific)
    Viper school was introduced with Witcher 2, Wolf school got wrecked before that by some peasant raid.

Some minor side quest around Kaer Morhen touch on that, as well as the Wolven Armor scavenger hunt.

and Cat school was because they basically devolved into a bunch of assassins for hire, thus sorta earned their fate?
    Very true but their school came under attack by some people as well.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-05-23 at 09:12 PM.

Yeah that made me dislike a lot of the population, they hate witchers even though we keep their asses safe. >_>

I don't remember getting this impression, I remember hearing things about how there's always more monsters replacing the ones we kill. I'm not saying you're wrong though. If that's the case it makes more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Viper school was introduced with Witcher 2, Wolf school got wrecked before that by some peasant raid.

Some minor side quest around Kaer Morhen touch on that, as well as the Wolven Armor scavenger hunt.
    Hmm, well I'm doing a new game plus atm to try and get ready for B&W, and I'm trying to be a bit more thorough this time so I can catch these things. I guess I just thought that Letho's school was the ones who did it because I vaguely remember it being talked about 2...maybe not. Its been awhile. >.>

I guess I just thought that Letho's school was the ones who did it because I vaguely remember it being talked about 2...maybe not. Its been awhile. >.>
    Did you possibly recruit Letho against the Wild hunt? And did not recruit Vernon Roche?

Because this is the only time Letho interacts with the other Wolf school witchers where they scold him for murdering Foltest and Demavend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did you possibly recruit Letho against the Wild hunt? And did not recruit Vernon Roche?

Because this is the only time Letho interacts with the other Wolf school witchers where they scold him for murdering Foltest and Demavend.
    Nope, i killed letho in my witcher 2 playthru.

Nice to just openly post spoilers, you have to be a special kind of ass for that i guess.
    ''Monsters are in the game''

Ah noes, spoilers!!!

Woe is me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I just now finally got around to starting the Heart of Stone DLC in preps for Blood & Wine and I have to say I was really surprised by how immediately engaging it is. I had lost interest in it when I found out neither Ciri nor Yennifer, or really any character from the main game were going to be in it... it was just highly disappointing. But even so I'm already interested in everything going on and I've only done two quests so far.
    It is very good. Just you wait until closer to the end. Really fantastic stuff.