Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It get's harder and harder to get excited about Legion and God knows I want to come back...

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple years back when the devs started gutting currency for gear systems they pointed out that the real fun of the game was killing a boss and seeing what loot dropped. I pointed out in twitter that pvpers didn't seem to get this fun and iirc streets response was that it would be weird to do pvp that way. Well guess what pvpers! The devs really really fucking hate determinism. RNG is the future for everything. It's like they just have no fucking clue. ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylum1 View Post
    Fucking ridiculous, I don't grind BGs for that chance to be excited by gear. I grind fast to get everything i need to compete. Gearing this way means i spend longer, much longer gearing when all i want to do is get full gear and fight people. And how the fuck are people going to compete in the most broken multiplayer game there is, where cheating and hacking only gets banned 6 months after its been done? Fucking dumb company!
    You must be a 1500 player that's why you think these changes will affect you in a bad way. This system is perfect for gearing in pvp, this is the best thing they have ever announced.

So better gear = slightly better PVP stats. Example: someone with item level 800 has 10% stronger PVP stats compared to someone with item level 700. My question is: Will we be able to see the specific PVP stats in order to number crunch and develope combat strategies?

I may have missed this somewhere. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by nox597 View Post
    There wasn't anything mentioned in Holinka's post about the Marks of Honor, today.
    Aaaw...well, thanks to you though for letting me know! --<-@

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawk View Post
    So better gear = slightly better PVP stats. Example: someone with item level 800 has 10% stronger PVP stats compared to someone with item level 700. My question is: Will we be able to see the specific PVP stats in order to number crunch and develope combat strategies?

I may have missed this somewhere. Just curious.
    He said after item level 800. The % boost may be higher prior to attaining 800. It's not linear.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now If I want to stay competitive in PvE I've got to do PvP too for chance of better gear ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    He said after item level 800. The % boost may be higher prior to attaining 800. It's not linear.
    Correct (sorry 800 to 700 was a bad comparison). So item level 900 will be 10% stronger than item level 800, but my question still stands. Will we be able to see our actual PVP stats? They're different from PVE stats (which are shown on the gear). So how do we know what our actual PVP stats are? Knowing the actual stats could mean the difference between using ability A versus ability B, etc.

“gladiators will just do Mythic raids to get easy gear.”

Yeah they clearly don't have any clue what the issue is.

The issue is people WHO ARE NOT gladiator will feel forced into mythics to get better gear. "lf healer for 1800 rbgs, ilvl x required" - where x is only attainable at a much higher rating than 1800 will become standard. Mid-range PvPers will feel forced into Mythics to get better gear. So they want to force PvPers into PvE (and likewise PvErs will feel forced to buy gladiator ratings to have chance at "that one bis wrist item I need").

Oh and no, in no universe is downing all mythic bosses (especially when they've gotten nerfed over and over) comparable to achieving gladiator ratings, getting gladiator is actually limited; only a set amount of the people can get it whereas everyone can kill mythic bosses.

And no one wants RNG gearing for PvP. Did they learn nothing from Ashran boxes and the Accolade trinkets? Having that for each piece of gear (not just the trinket) being RNG-only is fucking hilarious. Yes I might not need a specific chest piece anymore but someone sure is going to be unlucky and not even get a chest at all, because that's what RNG means.

I only take it that pvp-talents will be active at all times in world pvp too?

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I only take it that pvp-talents will be active at all times in world pvp too?
    they announced that anything goes in world PVP, the best gear will be the highest raiding gear.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...42770066526208

More RNG. but whatever, now i can go naked in BG and kick ass!

10+ Year Old Account
    Git gud scrubs? I'm joking by the way.

Pretty sure we already had resilience in tbc, just sayin`

And random gear in pvp. Those guys are completely out of touch with the pvp community of their own game. With each of these long winded posts where they explain simple things with walls of text, it feels more and more like they simply do not WANT to get in touch with its community, but rather just dictate change to us. But on the other hand they always feel the need to justify what they do, as if they still want to get some love back from us.

Guess what, screw you guys, the same way you screw us over!

What? PVP will place a higher value on skill than being a pure gear score check? Nooo! How dare they?!?

People are dumb and think this will be a big deal, in reality the difference between a mid range pvper and a gladiator will be only like 1 to 2% stats, the 10% difference is like for people that just got 110.

I don't know why they keep comparing mythic raiding with gladiators.

9/13 Mythic is top 10% in the US. That's Rival ranking in arena. Mythic Archie is comparable to duelist at ~3%.

Gladiators are the top 0.5%, and should be compared to world first raiders.

not sure why they dont just put people in brackets based on their ilvl so you're never facing people that outgear you to a large extent. yes, it will create ilvl ceilings, but is that a big deal? the brackets wouldn't be so all-encompassing that it couldn't be surmounted by the appropriate application of skill.

it kind of sucks that people that fight for glad are only marginally better geared than people who dont do anything (i say this as a complete pvp scrub). its my understanding that most people with decent gear dont do battlegrounds anyway - if the majority of them are queing for arenas, who cares if a minority of them are facing long wait times for bg's? i guess they could always carry around a bg set to get decent que times on the odd chance that they want to do a bg (and just disable switching gear if you're in que or in a bg already.)

There are a lot of ways to get around this, i think. Blizz is really running with eliminating difference (outside of aesthetic choices). Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    “gladiators will just do Mythic raids to get easy gear.”

Yeah they clearly don't have any clue what the issue is.

The issue is people WHO ARE NOT gladiator will feel forced into mythics to get better gear.
    Oh, they have a clue. They want people in mythic. They started this last expansion, funneling everything into raid instances. They destroyed LFR to get people into normal. This is the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    so 1% in hp/damage is that stromg? (700 vs 710) or most likely one of the warriors is a noob at playing warrior.
    the difference between 710 and 700 is not 1% on live, it's more like 10%.