Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    it has exactly the same animation as it did when he last saw it
    Maybe not. It had a slow moving in an arc animation of a simple Frostbolt for a while.

Stuff like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    .. still looks way cooler than anything I've seen off my main spec (Shadow) for a long time. Legion's making a strong case for me to main mage for the first time since Wrath, purely on the basis of awesome spell effects.

Deleted
    still hoping for Ice barrier 2d, frost bolt, arcane power/blast/missiles, blink animation update.

Deleted
    I dont like ebonbolt, this is boring frostbolt 2.0 with 2x better dmg and 2x longer cast.
    My idea, remove ebonbolt and add:

Instant 45sec cd
    When activated generates 5 black iceicles [75% spell power each]

Unique mechanic, better mobility and works fine with glacial spike.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomiaa View Post
    I dont like ebonbolt, this is boring frostbolt 2.0 with 2x better dmg and 2x longer cast.

Instant 45sec cd
    When activated generates 5 black iceicles [75% spell power each]

Unique mechanic, better mobility and works fine with glacial spike.
    1.5x longer cast for 5x the damage. Use real numbers, makes your feedback worth reading.

So your solution to Ebonbolt being a tactical nuke+proc generator, is turn it into an objectively worse cooldown that is neither unique (resource generation is basically L60/2 on all three specs), nor mobility related (where Ice Floes makes Ebonbolt a higher movement spell than a Frostbolt, and generates two FoF). Got it.

Fyi, 75% SP is shit compared to Frostbolt generated Icicles. An example, I know, but come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    1.5x longer cast for 5x the damage. Use real numbers, makes your feedback worth reading.
    it could do 50x times the damage, the spell itself is still an uncreative snoozefest

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiaa View Post
    Ebon "insert appropriate class fantasy words here" Freeze

30 second cooldown, Instant cast

Freezes the target in a block of Shadowfrost Ice for 5 seconds. Only usable on Frozen targets. Deals 600% Shadowfrost damage to stun immune targets

and then some text at the bottom along the lines of - your haste % increases the damage dealt by a smaller % (apologies in advance for not having fully theory crafted this bit out properly)

both flavoursome and useful, and doesn't feel completely alien compared to literally every single other spell frost mages have been casting for the previous 5 expansions + vanilla
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-05-23 at 08:19 PM.

Pyroblast is just Fireball but with a longer cast time, spell sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    amusing, since Legion literally makes that the case by removing the Pyroblast dot

Deleted
    Was it you that was talking in relation to PvP about it? In what way do you mean the gameplay is bad with a longer cast spell? It's unclear with all this sarcasm going back and forth.

I can only think of the difficulty to use a spell properly that requires longer casting, in parts of PvE and most of PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I mean this is the reason HS exists. Before that, I can't remember Pyroblast being ever used in the DPS rotation.

Without HS, it would be a matter of what spell do more DPET.

Btw, if we think about that, Fireball could also replace PB function (I think, it is late here ). Pyroblast could be removed and make so when HS procs, Fireball is instant and does x times more damage.

It would be exactly the same thing. We would just throw a smaller fire meatball.
    Last edited by Seneca; 2016-05-24 at 01:13 AM.

What is the main stat im looking for while lvling my frost mage in beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    They could also lower BD duration to 1 sec. Wouldn't change the fact that it is still unhealthy (it can be overpowered and unhealthy or underpowered and unhealthy, to be clear).

With this talent, no matter its power, we are actually incentivized to get interrupted. We would actually look forward to get interrupted in order to achieve an interrupt immunity, that's bad. Worse we play, more we gain.

Like, if I and my teammates are going to cross CC and burst the enemies, I'm going to random cast something to get interrupted so the next seconds I can free CC and free burst anyone with my teammates without the fear of being interrupted. I would really try to get interrupted to gain the immunity necessary to do whatever I want. That's very bad.
    This is all 100% correct imo - that is exactly what i would do to. like 1-2s left til DR wipe you sacrifice cast then chain after lockout worst case.Then what happens? HARD turtle by the team that went for fake.. really terrible game play would come out of that talent.

Have they changed it yet?
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2016-05-26 at 04:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    They could also lower BD duration to 1 sec. Wouldn't change the fact that it is still unhealthy (it can be overpowered and unhealthy or underpowered and unhealthy, to be clear).

With this talent, no matter its power, we are actually incentivized to get interrupted. We would actually look forward to get interrupted in order to achieve an interrupt immunity, that's bad. Worse we play, more we gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    This is all 100% correct imo
    You are confusing subjective ethical issues with gameplay there. It is not bad gameplay at all if you use it smartly and if other players know you might have this ability, which they will. Most importantly it is only related to the strength of the duration of it because if it's weak or moderate enough in duration, it won't be overpowered.

It's identical to blaming Cauterize as bad-gameplay-promoting, and we have proof it's directly related because people did blame it as bad-gameplay-promoting in the past. But it is not really because there are situations it can be the best spell. Also, even if it is not the best spell for the most skilled, it is a viable choice.

It's generally important to realize it's a rewarding strategy to build around your own skills. For example a player that knows he can't use Ice Flows perfectly yet, he might be better off going Blazing Speed for a while if the guild needs his maximum for the next 10 pulls. He will live another day to learn Ice Flows better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Have they changed it yet?
    nope, and neither have they changed any of the healer versions that give 20 seconds of interrupt immunity, or the warlock rune of power talent that gives permanent immunity while you remain within a set area

So via the good grace of a friend with Beta, played the intro as Frost thru to getting Ebonchill unlocked. Used intro 100 mage, Ray, Cold Snap, Mirror, Spitting Ice, Ice Floes, Unstable, Comet Storm. Didn't have time to try Glacial Spike. Logged after activating Ebonchill so no chance to try Ebon Bolt.

First impressions;

Did not die, was close once on trash, used invis and let the NPC's take over.

Found myself trying to weave, even though weave was not a thing.

Ebonchill quest line was fun and interesting.

Ray was fun, only thing that bothered me was random knock-back that interrupted it. Was nice to target higher HP mob at range and cast, most reached me as Ray expired due to slow, and blink through to re-establish range.

Need to get used to Ice Floes, on live I take Evanense for majority of content, mobility on live is not an issue.

Brain Freeze procs, kept looking to mash FFB I see why people have issues with FO pulling more than intended, they are getting a BF proc and mashing Orb. Did experience one Orb flying quite a ways, however when I launched was positioned so as to not pull extra. Had no orb hangups.

In the brief play I had, would be nice if BF proc animation was changed, purely cosmetic, because I'm so used to that being associated with FFB.

Believe Kuni has suggested a 40 yard range limit on FO, that would be nice as I see no point in an orb traveling past that.

The big difference between a BF proc on Live vs Legion, is that FFB after cast is done, versus FO exists 10 seconds after cast and travels a long way. That will take some adjusting too, aka need to think before mashing a BF proc in solo/5 man play. 40 yard range would help the fly off range complaints.

Overall enjoyed the play, and that is playing a pre-made without artifact. Will only improve from there.

Edit - right now if I could change one thing it would be a redo of tier 75 for all mages
    Last edited by gallamann; 2016-05-26 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Stuff like this:

.. still looks way cooler than anything I've seen off my main spec (Shadow) for a long time. Legion's making a strong case for me to main mage for the first time since Wrath, purely on the basis of awesome spell effects.
    That actually annoys the shit out of me. I hate the female Belfs put both hands out, when the spell only comes from one. It's literally most of the reason my Spriest is undead.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Believe Kuni has suggested a 40 yard range limit on FO, that would be nice as I see no point in an orb traveling past that.
    Glad to report that it now stops at ~50y. It's a bit farther than I want, due to the fact that itself is an AOE beyond that, but it's a SIGNIFICANTLY better method than just travel until it dies out.

Also dem Orb buffs and LW nerfs <3

Also nerfed Bone Chilling from 8% max to 6% max (lower stacks). Ray got a wee bump. Interesting change to Spitting Ice, now adds 10% damage to Ice Lance and Icicles in exchange lowered split to 50%.

Looks like they changed Chain Reaction, not sure if wording or actual trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see why they buffed ray of frost, did it need more damage? Also I thought bone chilling was okay, so why nerf it?
    Last edited by GhostPanini; 2016-05-27 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    I don't really see why they buffed ray of frost, did it need more damage? Also I thought bone chilling was okay, so why nerf it?
    Well Ray is once a minute, so probably brought it more in line with other two talents on the tier.

Bone Chilling, suspect it was stupid easy to maintain max stacks and therefore do 8% (now 6%) more damage for everything we cast.

Probably need haste at a certain point for Ray to exceed Bone even at 6%. Also fights that end over an even minute, are at some point (xx seconds over a minute) going to favor Bone.

I am sure the folks at Altered Time will get that all simmed out in due time.