Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    Islam specifically states that the quran is 100% accurate, and that muhammad was 100% perfect. The bible doesn't explicitly state this and not even a majority of christians believe this. The vast majority of muslims do believe their book is infallible and carry out all the messed up shit that the book condones unlike the vast majority of christians and jews today.

I'm not really interested in being nice and waiting for the muslims to catch up and stop stoning people to death or throwing them off buildings.
    Today Christians don't. In the past they most certainly did. The bible is full of all kinds of awful stuff if you actually read it. It's good christians have moved past it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Today Christians don't. In the past they most certainly did.
    Why do people say shit like this?

Christians using medieval practices DURING THE MIDDLE AGES a thousand years ago doesn't vindicate people using medieval practices in the modern world.

God damn dude.

Deleted
    "proper" training in islam leads to fucking jihad. How hard is that to understand. Read the damn books it compels you to treat the kafir like shit and undermine them at every turn.
    And yet it also says that life is precious and not respecting it would be disrespecting the creation of God.
    In most religions and ESPECIALLY in Islam considering that it fits a role closer to "Roman Law" than actual "Religion", it really depends on the interpretation given.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Why do people say shit like this?

Christians using medieval practices DURING THE MIDDLE AGES a thousand years ago doesn't vindicate people using medieval practices in the modern world.

God damn dude.
    I'm not trying to vindicate anything. I'm saying that religions can change and adapt. Which is exactly what this imam course in Sweden is trying to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    And yet it also says that life is precious and not respecting it would be disrespecting the creation of God.
    In most religions and ESPECIALLY in Islam considering that it fits a role closer to "Roman Law" than actual "Religion", it really depends on the interpretation given.
    And when the Ulama with actual authority declare it apostasy?

Their interpretation is all that matters in that religion. Not the interpretation of some university in Sweden.

Deleted
    And when the Ulama with actual authority declare it apostasy?

Their interpretation is all that matters in that religion. Not the interpretation of some university in Sweden.
    There isn't a single voice in Islam. Scholars can't even agree with themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't a single voice in Islam. Scholars can't even agree with themselves.
    Yes I was referring to multiple Ulama. And despite their internal disagreements, if you think they will condone a version of Islam that allows apostasy, allows for the equality of women, does away with the barbarism of the Quran, etc. You are literally delusional.

Oh great. Becase thats what I want them to use my tax money for - Religious schools.
    Horrible idea right there.

Let them have their schools and make sure the goverment keeps track of what they're doing but they can pay for it temselves.

Hey the wishes of some of the Mods around here have been answered with this news, grats guys.

I Feel bad for Sweden, incorporating the complete antithesis of itself at the state level with funding but since it has decided to take the path of the suicide, let it.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the course helps with reducing the radicalism inside this religion, then it is a good thing. My one fear is that it will be hijacked to spread the radical ideas even further. The Swedish government has had a pretty bad track record on addressing this issue in the past, like funding mosques that tell muslims that it it okay to beat their wives and other crazy stuff like that. If they are taking the issue seriously and genuinely try to combat the spreading of harmful ideas with education, I think it might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Oh great. Becase thats what I want them to use my tax money for - Religious schools.
    Horrible idea right there.

Let them have their schools and make sure the goverment keeps track of what they're doing but they can pay for it temselves.
    Sweden has funding for pretty much all schools.

Deleted
    Yes I was referring to multiple Ulama. And despite their internal disagreements, if you think they will condone a version of Islam that allows apostasy, allows for the equality of women, does away with the barbarism of the Quran, etc. You are literally delusional.
    Why do you care about what some old coot on the other side of the world with the foresight of a blind bat says about this?
    Radicals gonna radic. Fuck them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you care about what some old coot on the other side of the world with the foresight of a blind bat says about this?
    Radicals gonna radic. Fuck them.
    Because their radicals fucking kill people, friend.

The problem is that the quran and the accompanying books are in themselves "radical", preach violence, and are incompatible with western values. They can either teach a softer less legitimate form of islam or they can teach it by the book and teach the regular hate filled islam we all know and love. It seems funny to teach a class that you knowingly and purposefully teach something that is inaccurate.
    So is the bible, and most other ancient texts that we're supposed to follow, yet people can compromise and take the essence from the book and mold it into something that gives them a little support in life. People have no problem in believing in just a subset of things, or things that aren't really proven or written down anywhere. It's society's job to make sure that the citizens learn how to treat other people in the end, so it's important to make that part of their upbringing. Making sure that religious leaders are on the same side as society is a good thing.
    Mother pus bucket!

Sweden has funding for pretty much all schools.
    Yeah but that should not be the case.

Deleted
    Because their radicals fucking kill people, friend.
    People that get radicalised by the teaching of some idiot extremist. Hence why this program is a good idea, potentially leading to moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah but that should not be the case.
    Why? It's beneficial to the society and being able to have some control over what is taught to potential imams would reduce the chances for radicalization. I don't see how this is a problem.

Deleted
    Why? It's beneficial to the society and being able to have some control over what is taught to potential imams would reduce the chances for radicalization. I don't see how this is a problem.
    I think he is arguing the whole idea of state funded religious schools.

You can control it while not funding it.
    Teaching that bullshit should never be promoted and if it has to for some reason, don't make me pay for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    http://www.thelocal.se/20160523/swed...heology-course

This could prove to be a good thing if it gets us away from the radical imams that preaches that are from the middle east.

Thoughts on this?
    My thoughts are that they should have looked at countries that already tried this instead of trowing money down the drain. ie the Netherlands tried it and stopped it, no interest from the Muslim community, not for the study or for any imam that would have come from it.
    Going to fail just as hard in Sweden. no job prospect , no students ..... Muslims won't trust the 'Swedish imam' to preach 'true islam' and as such mosques will still get the more 'radical' imams.