10+ Year Old Account

Question Will Hunters be a Pure DPS class in Legion? Are they a Pure DPS class now?

Looking at the current numbers, it seems like Hunters are very low. I was talking to a friend of mine, his name is Alfie Musclefoot. Alfie was saying to me that they taxed Hunter DPS because of the ranged mobility.

I was wondering how you guys think Hunter DPS will pan out in Legion. Mobility tax? Pure numbers?

What do you guys think and why?

Deleted
    a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early for numbers if u ask me

10+ Year Old Account
    even with it being super early, Im top dps in every dungeon I've done. Your friend probably just sucks tbqh.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWJamaica View Post
    Looking at the current numbers, it seems like Hunters are very low. I was talking to a friend of mine, his name is Alfie Musclefoot. Alfie was saying to me that they taxed Hunter DPS because of the ranged mobility.

I was wondering how you guys think Hunter DPS will pan out in Legion. Mobility tax? Pure numbers?

What do you guys think and why?
    1. yes they are a pure DPS class in Legion.
    2. They will remain so, because there is no implication what so ever, in current builds that they will not be..
    3. Yes, they are a pure-DPS class right now, being a non-pure DPS class, you got to have other things like.. Tanking, healing.. etc in a talent tree, which none of the hunter specs has at the moment, nor do they do in Legion.

Current "pure" DPs classes.
    • Mage
    • Rogue
    • Hunter
    • Warlock

Current Non-pure DPS classes aka Hybrid
    • Paladin
    • Priest
    • Druid
    • Shaman
    • Monk
    • Warrior
    • Death Knight

Soon to be Classes
    • Demon hunter - Non-Pure DPS aka Hybrid

and Taxed hunters.. great that made me laugh, i'l be honest. Hunters will always be the go to Physical DPS class, for almost all raids.. why? because Melee DPS is basicly working up a damn mountain, only to get pelted by mages etc.. back down the mountain.
    Last edited by Kharli; 2016-05-23 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Im top dps in every dungeon I've done.
    Or you could just be playing with very bad players.
    -
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...&timespan=1000

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could just be playing with very bad players.
    -
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=95×pan=1000
    I'm talking LEGION dps, not fucking HFC.

HFC has no bearing on the topic of this thread being whether or not their going to be good dps... like really?

Why start a thread about hunters performance in legion, only to link an HFC log?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm talking LEGION dps, not fucking HFC.

HFC has no bearing on the topic of this thread being whether or not their going to be good dps... like really?

Why start a thread about hunters performance in legion, only to link an HFC log?
    Because the numbers are still being balanced on the beta, and I am using historical data to forecast. There was a point in the alpha where Shadowpriest damage was the highest. It means nothing. I started my statement by saying "looking at the current numbers"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the numbers are still being balanced on the beta, and I am using historical data to forecast. There was a point in the alpha where Shadowpriest damage was the highest. It means nothing. I started my statement by saying "looking at the current numbers"...
    Sorry to burst your bubble, historical data doesnt mean anything right now, because blizzard has changed EVERY class so damn much. And even in HFC, hunters are fantastic. They arent arcane mages with 795 rings and a trinket proc that causes their dps to have a damn 40% swing, but theyre damn good, especially during progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    And even in HFC, hunters are fantastic.
    I guess we have a different definition of "fantastic".

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we have a different definition of "fantastic".
    Yea we do. Cause clearly you have no fucking idea what you're talking about. Nice troll though.

Hunters are strong on live and during alpha/beta atm granted numbers tuning has yet to happen.